mechanic VS infantry

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

PRAY!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

hayn808 wrote:even if i am a mechanic, wouldn't i still fight like every other ranger in combat. im sure if i make it i would be expected to know and learn infantry tatics too. If not, i would volunteer. If all ranger's have the same standards then i would also want to do and know what everyone else does and knows. How can you trust the person next to you in combat if everyone is not on the same page?
Hayn,
I respect all my Ranger brothers without fail but...If a mechanic is next to me in a fire fight then something has gone horribly wrong! I'm not saying they won't fight, I'm just saying something horrible would have to happen for a mechanic, cook or pac clerk to show up beside me.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
DJB
Ranger

Post by DJB »

People earn individual respect in Bn. Making blanket statements on whether soft skills get equal respect is pointless. We had a cook who took third in Best Ranger with a IOBC Lt. who only trained together for three days. Regiment made the mistake of assuming that because he wasn’t 11B that he wouldn’t be the best person to represent the Regiment. With only so many slots available not every one who trained up could go, so S---son found his own partner three days before the competition and took third,( beating all of Regt. 11B teams). This is often the case in Bn. There are 11b’s who by Bn standards are mediocre at best, while there are “soft skillsâ€
Aco1/75 Rgr 92-98, class 3/94, 300F1 5/95
Instructor Medical OBC, 99-00, 143rd LRSD (TXNG) 00-03.
Contractor Physician JBLM 2010-

Jihadists have no means by which to destroy the institutions of our society, while the Congressman does.

http://www.lifesharers.org/
DJB
Ranger

Post by DJB »

I respect all my Ranger brothers without fail but...If a mechanic is next to me in a fire fight then something has gone horribly wrong! I'm not saying they won't fight, I'm just saying something horrible would have to happen for a mechanic, cook or pac clerk to show up beside me.

Yeah, your in the CCP and you owe your life to everyone around you, so quit your bitchen and hold on cuz I'm about to sink a tubes and fingers in to every oriface. :twisted:
Aco1/75 Rgr 92-98, class 3/94, 300F1 5/95
Instructor Medical OBC, 99-00, 143rd LRSD (TXNG) 00-03.
Contractor Physician JBLM 2010-

Jihadists have no means by which to destroy the institutions of our society, while the Congressman does.

http://www.lifesharers.org/
texasdave
Egg

Re: mechanic VS infantry

Post by texasdave »

while stationed with the 3/75th 86-87 i was the mechanic. we worked on the old m151 jeep and later dirt bikes. I never got treated any differently. the training for the 11b was the same for the 63b. my name is David by the way. and thank you all for your service and sacrifice
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

This is a five-year old thread!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

JLTW!!! wrote:
thehuntress wrote:let this thread die he wouldn't ask it if he didn't already have an idea of the answer
Who in the fuck are YOU????

Make your next post in the proper Intro forum, as per site SOP.

Thanks!
Fixed that problem. She's got a PM with some crystal-clear instructions.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

The Huntress, chick, dude or whatever you are:

For fuck's sake, sit down, take a couple of deep breaths and read the rules of the board.

Do not PM me again. Three PM's of discombobulated drivel that I don't give two shits about aren't going to get you anywhere.

If you cannot figure out how the board works, you should find a different place to spam.

You're literally one post away from being removed of this board.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”