Oregon bear hunting

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Oregon bear hunting

Post by Slowpoke »

Oregon Bear Hunting Tactics...
On a tour of Oregon, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the mountains for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the campground in the Pope-mobile when there was a frantic commotion just at the edge of the woods.

A helpless man, wearing Birkenstocks, Hawaiian shorts, a "Save the whales" tee shirt and a "tree hugger" hat was struggling frantically, thrashing around trying to free himself from the jaws of a 10 foot grizzly.

As the pope watched horrified, a group of loggers came racing up. One ran up and quickly fired a 44 mag into the bear's chest. The other two pulled the bleeding, semiconscious man from the mouth and grasp of the bear. Then using long clubs, the three loggers beat the bear to death and hauled it to their truck.

Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to come over. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions!" he told them. "I heard that there was bitter hatred between loggers and environmental activists, but now I have seen with my own eyes that this is not true."

As the Pope drove off, one logger asked his buddies "Who was that?"

"It was the Pope," another replied. "He is in direct contact with God, and has access to all of God's wisdom."

"Well," the logger said, "so much for God's wisdom, he sure doesn't know anything about bear hunting!"

"By the way, is the bait holding up okay, or do we need to go back to Eugene and grab a fresh one?"

Eugene, Oregon (for those of you who don't know) is the most Liberal spot on earth, all of the '60's hippies moved there in the '70's and procreated.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

ROFLMAO, However I'm not sure how many Regnars will get that one Rgr Slow good one though, I haven't heard that one before.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Haha, that is too true! Bunch of unwashed, mudhut-dwelling anarchists down there.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
RideGrrl
Tadpole

Post by RideGrrl »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Ranger Slowpoke:

I had to share this joke with a friend from Eastern Oregon .... his reply:

1. Baiting is still illegal in this state.
2. We only have black bears, not Grizzlies.
3. Environmentalists (typically vegans) smell and taste so awful that you usually have to grease 'em with pig suet to attract the bear . . . not that I would know from first hand experience.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

bberkley wrote:Ranger Slowpoke:

Environmentalists (typically vegans) smell and taste so awful that you usually have to grease 'em with pig suet to attract the bear . . . not that I would know from first hand experience.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Of course not, but that's some pretty decent "detail"
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”