PT improvement/motivator

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Trigger
Tadpole

PT improvement/motivator

Post by Trigger »

This thread is serving as an overdue update and motivation for me to produce a 300+ on my next PT test in two months.

Took my first ever PT test 10 months ago, scored a 209. I don't remember the exact repititions, but I passed the PU's by one. Didn't do much better on the run, but I picked up at least 60 in each event so I passed. Certainly not ideal but not bad for being the scrawny little fucker that I was at the time.

Between then and now my APFT has been steadily increasing. Took another one last week and scored a 290 with 71 push ups, 82 sit ups, and a 13:40 run. I've been running ~35 miles a week in order to get my run to where it needs to be for my next PT test, which will be at the one year mark. I can definitely feel the improvement in my run in the past month. It's really growing on me, ten mile runs at a 7:45 pace are now "fun". I've now transitioned to shorter runs at a faster pace to pick up the speed I need for a 13:00.

- Trigger
"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper (ret).
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: PT improvement/motivator

Post by Ranger Bill »

Good progress, but what's up with this goal of 13 minutes??? Your goal should be 12. Run faster.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Trigger
Tadpole

Re: PT improvement/motivator

Post by Trigger »

Ranger Bill wrote:Good progress, but what's up with this goal of 13 minutes??? Your goal should be 12. Run faster.
Right on, Ranger Bill. My tangible, realistic goal for the next month is that 13:00. Once I meet that I will continue on and set another, faster goal. I don't see any reason why I can't be in the 11's by the time I commission in May 2010.
"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper (ret).

Return to “About Army Physical Training”