Random thought of the moment.

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverback
Ranger

Re: Random thought of the moment.

Post by Silverback »

"There is no cool way for a man to eat a Banana"
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Silverback wrote:"There is no cool way for a man to eat a Banana"
Peeled, sliced onto favorite morning sweetened cereal with
half & half cream & Southern Comfort. :lol: :lol: :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Random thought of the moment.

Post by Ranger Andy »

For the first time since 1989, we've got a nice snow storm in the Houston, Texas area; by our standards, it's a blizzard...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

Ranger Andy wrote:For the first time since 1989, we've got a nice snow storm in the Houston, Texas area; by our standards, it's a blizzard...
Pic's or it didn't happen!
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
Dud
Tadpole

Post by Dud »

Of all the childhood cartoons, the Care Bears represent, by far, the most elite fighting force. Upon engaging the enemy, the Care Bears possess a number of characteristics developed through years of ruthless fighting. In CQC their naturally feral natures, thick hide, and claws decimate enemy infantry. Using their "stare" ability, elite Care Bears units can decimate fortified enemy positions and armor by quite literally blowing sunshine up the enemy's ass, well entrenched at maximum standoff. Utilizing the high speed and manueverability of their Mk-3 Clouds, the Care Bears are able to engage and destroy enemy air assets in direct contact, bombard hostile ground forces, maintain air superiority, and provide key logistical movements for bears and materials, as well as Airborne/Airmobile operations. Rumor also has it that their leader, Lionheart, the vanquisher of Darkheart, may also be a Ranger School graduate, although his specific class date has never been publicly released.

*note* I actually first gave this proposal while drunk at a bar, arguing with a woman over who would win in a street fight between the Care Bears and the Teletubbies . . . I don't know why. And while I believe my argument to be sound, no, I didn't get laid. Just like every other time . . . :cry:
"The secret to happiness in life is finding that which you are willing to die for, and begin living for it."
S and M Man
Ranger

Post by S and M Man »

Watching someone shake during muscle failure while doing push-ups is like watching a cat trying to shit out a peach-pit.
(HHC) 1-160th SOAR (A) June 2007-present
(HHC) 75th RHQ May 2003 - June 2007
Ranger class 03/04-05

"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result!"
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Ranger Andy wrote:For the first time since 1989, we've got a nice snow storm in the Houston, Texas area; by our standards, it's a blizzard...
Global Warming will kill us ALL :shock:
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Dud wrote:Of all the childhood cartoons, the Care Bears represent, by far, the most elite fighting force. Upon engaging the enemy, the Care Bears possess a number of characteristics developed through years of ruthless fighting. In CQC their naturally feral natures, thick hide, and claws decimate enemy infantry. Using their "stare" ability, elite Care Bears units can decimate fortified enemy positions and armor by quite literally blowing sunshine up the enemy's ass, well entrenched at maximum standoff. Utilizing the high speed and manueverability of their Mk-3 Clouds, the Care Bears are able to engage and destroy enemy air assets in direct contact, bombard hostile ground forces, maintain air superiority, and provide key logistical movements for bears and materials, as well as Airborne/Airmobile operations. Rumor also has it that their leader, Lionheart, the vanquisher of Darkheart, may also be a Ranger School graduate, although his specific class date has never been publicly released.

*note* I actually first gave this proposal while drunk at a bar, arguing with a woman over who would win in a street fight between the Care Bears and the Teletubbies . . . I don't know why. And while I believe my argument to be sound, no, I didn't get laid. Just like every other time . . . :cry:
Dud, thank you I needed this, seems my manager went ahead and hired "a know it all" for the vacant supervisor role I've been helping cover..... I bought a few care bears to have on hand as Christmas gifts for the niece. I'm contemplating lining them up at the top of my cubicle where I can imagine them fighting off the evil forces I work with, LOL. Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

Dud wrote:Of all the childhood cartoons, the Care Bears represent, by far, the most elite fighting force. Upon engaging the enemy, the Care Bears possess a number of characteristics developed through years of ruthless fighting. In CQC their naturally feral natures, thick hide, and claws decimate enemy infantry. Using their "stare" ability, elite Care Bears units can decimate fortified enemy positions and armor by quite literally blowing sunshine up the enemy's ass, well entrenched at maximum standoff. Utilizing the high speed and manueverability of their Mk-3 Clouds, the Care Bears are able to engage and destroy enemy air assets in direct contact, bombard hostile ground forces, maintain air superiority, and provide key logistical movements for bears and materials, as well as Airborne/Airmobile operations. Rumor also has it that their leader, Lionheart, the vanquisher of Darkheart, may also be a Ranger School graduate, although his specific class date has never been publicly released.

How could you NOT have gotten laid after this?!! Did you forget to ask??!
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)

King of Hearts
Tadpole

Post by King of Hearts »

What was her argument for the Teletubbies?
Dud
Tadpole

Post by Dud »

King of Hearts wrote:
What was her argument for the Teletubbies?
Basically, she argued that Teletubbies are much larger than children, and children in the Care Bear movies are always larger than the bears, so the Teletubbies must be much larger than Care Bears. Like most women, she held steadfast to the basic assumption that "size matters." Like most men, I hope that it doesn't and proceeded to point that out, along with the fact that the teletubbies are slow and ponderous, appear to have a severe case of mental retardation, have no natural armaments, and that their highly vaulted TELEtubbies, when considered with their antennas, could only get basic cable at best. Following that, I decided to educate her on the finer points of Ursa Nimbus physiology and war making capabilities.

Ranger Gordo -- It was at this point where I think things kinda went sour. Perhaps it was my weaponization of something so cute and cuddly as a Care Bear, perhaps she was a huge fan of basic cable, or perhaps she took offense when I called her a dumb bitch. Who knows these things? Whatever the case we both decided that me wearing her drink was about the best we could hope for in the situation and parted ways. But I think I left with my head held high, what remained of my dignity intact, and about half a shot of alcohol for free.
"The secret to happiness in life is finding that which you are willing to die for, and begin living for it."
King of Hearts
Tadpole

Post by King of Hearts »

Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

Dud wrote: Ranger Gordo -- It was at this point where I think things kinda went sour. Perhaps it was my weaponization of something so cute and cuddly as a Care Bear, perhaps she was a huge fan of basic cable, or perhaps she took offense when I called her a dumb bitch. Who knows these things? Whatever the case we both decided that me wearing her drink was about the best we could hope for in the situation and parted ways. But I think I left with my head held high, what remained of my dignity intact, and about half a shot of alcohol for free.
Yeah from your description pretty sure she had to have been a fan of basic cable, cuz OBVIOUSLY this had nothin to do with it!
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)

Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

We got snow! Thought about going out and making snow angels in the snow in my birthday suit for about a second...... then the voice of reason kicked in, you're too old for that stuff anymore and you no longer live on family land with built-in privacy.
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”