Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ranger Andy
Ranger

Movie Reviews

Post by Ranger Andy »

I don't believe I sat through Tropic fucking Thunder; it reminded me of why don't watch a lot of tv...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

RTO wrote:Quantum of Solace:

Incredibble and visually stunning action scenes.

Story line sometimes hard to follow.

Not my favorite Bond film, but Daniel Craig is now by far the best 007.......ever.
Alright, I checked it out and I must say he was good in the flick.

I just can't support saying he was better than Connery.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

hit_it wrote:
RTO wrote:Quantum of Solace:

Incredibble and visually stunning action scenes.

Story line sometimes hard to follow.

Not my favorite Bond film, but Daniel Craig is now by far the best 007.......ever.
Alright, I checked it out and I must say he was good in the flick.

I just can't support saying he was better than Connery.
Craig's performance as Bond was Spot-on, I thought. What I didn't care for was the directing and editing of this movie. It bounced back and forth from scene to scene much too quickly IMO. Also, what happened to 'Q'? Miss Moneypenny? Why did Felix Leiter have so much screen time, yet really not contribute anything to the story line? I was surprised how many times 'M' was in almost every scene. I guess she prefers to be out in the field and more 'hands on' style of leadership than her predecessor.

One thing is certain, this is a different Bond than any other. He does take some getting used to. Better than Connery? I guess that is up to personal preferences. I still like most of the older movies, and if I was going to sit home and watch one on the small screen, I would pick a classic Connery one to re-watch before this one.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

RTO wrote: but Daniel Craig is now by far the best 007.......ever.

Sounds like a fucking MAN CRUSH
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
litlbird
Ranger Mom

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by litlbird »

The movie Twilight is definitely a chicks flick. It also was the most modern or contemporary version of "vampire" I've ever seen. Nothing but love story and little action in this flick. I like vampire movies, a carry over from the drive ins and vampire actor Vincent era.

I want that house of glass in the mountain forest...now thats hot and sexy architecture right there. :lol:
Save A Cowboy...Ride A Harley

Sometimes I feel like a bitch and sometimes I don't.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

litlbird wrote:The movie Twilight is definitely a chicks flick. It also was the most modern or contemporary version of "vampire" I've ever seen. Nothing but love story and little action in this flick. I like vampire movies, a carry over from the drive ins and vampire actor Vincent era.

I want that house of glass in the mountain forest...now thats hot and sexy architecture right there. :lol:
I took my teenage daughter to see it. Evidently, the series of books is popular with the chick crowd.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

Incredible Hulk starring Edward Norton, great movie. I rented it on Blu-Ray the other day and was very impressed. They have definitely made up for the abortion that was the 2003 version directed by Ang Lee.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Boudicca
Tadpole

Post by Boudicca »

My son insisted I watch "Get Smart" at the theater. It's now out on DVD.

Because I had watched the series, I didn't think it would be good, but I was really surprised by how good it actually was.
To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction.
<2> Ranger Mom
RIP 10-08 & RS 10-09
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Movie Reviews

Post by Ranger Andy »

After learning about Mumbai (FOGs knew the city as Bomb Bay), I watched Charlie Wilson's War; Congress could fuck-up a wet dream...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Flesh Thorn wrote:
litlbird wrote:The movie Twilight is definitely a chicks flick. It also was the most modern or contemporary version of "vampire" I've ever seen. Nothing but love story and little action in this flick. I like vampire movies, a carry over from the drive ins and vampire actor Vincent era.

I took my teenage daughter to see it. Evidently, the series of books is popular with the chick crowd.
Took mine to see it as well. It was a horny old man's dream in that theater. I caught more than a few dads looking. And a few old guy there by themselves.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

hit_it wrote:
Flesh Thorn wrote:

Took mine to see it as well. It was a horny old man's dream in that theater. I caught more than a few dads looking. And a few old guy there by themselves.
:D

CatFish Driver wrote:Incredible Hulk starring Edward Norton, great movie. I rented it on Blu-Ray the other day and was very impressed. They have definitely made up for the abortion that was the 2003 version directed by Ang Lee.
X2 I liked it that they played a few lines of the theme song from tv series "The Incredible Hulk" and they also had a glimpse of Edward Norton watching an old movie with Bill Bixby acting in it.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

There was also another nod to the old series on TV, Lou Ferrigno (the old Hulk) played the security guard in the university that Ed Norton bribes with pizza to get upstairs.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

CatFish Driver wrote:There was also another nod to the old series on TV, Lou Ferrigno (the old Hulk) played the security guard in the university that Ed Norton bribes with pizza to get upstairs.
He also uses the name Bruce Banner from the TV show on his packages.

There were a lot of nods, and the inclusion of Tony Stark just reinforces the goal of the Avengers movie. I have a feeling there are going to be some cool comic based movies coming out over the next few years.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Took the boys to see Madagasgar 2 a couple of weekends ago. Great movie. Lots of stuff for parents to laugh about as well. It was much better than the first one, and the Zebra's are funny as shit! I laughed out loud about 3 times during the movie.

A must see in the theatre!
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”