Finding out their Company

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
mroush
US Army Veteran / US Army Wife

Finding out their Company

Post by mroush »

Hi. I was wondering if I could call someone to find out what company my husband is in. He just finished RAP week and I have not heard anything! No news is good news!!! The only number that I have seen is an emergency number and this is clearly not an emergency. I forgot to send him with a envelope and stamp we decided that I would write the letters and include a envelope and stamp when I wrote... stupid huh?!?!! Anyway, help help would be greatly appreciated!
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

The class number should be good enough, the mail room ought to be able to find which company he's in easily enough, the companies get a lot smaller real quick right about now.

If he makes it to Florida, make sure you motivate him by including the empty sleeve wrappers from candy bars in your letters, he'll thank you for that someday. :wink:

Now, as per the site rules; go to the spouses forum & post an intro before you post again.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
judgeM
US Army

Company

Post by judgeM »

I got a letter yesterday from mine stating which one he was in. Also, he was lucky enough to call me for a few minutes Sunday - so i knew before then. Don't even ask how he was able to call.
Judge M

"Reverentia Legum" - Respect the Law
CardiacKid
Ranger

Post by CardiacKid »

That's the easiest thing to find out, with prior coordination. All you have to do is give a recycle your girl's phone number, ask him to call her and tell her that you made it through RAP week and you're in _ Co _ Plt. My girl was more than happy to get a random phone call from someone we didn't even know telling her I made it through. Why she never picked up the phone at 0200 late on Sunday night when I found out I got my go in Florida I'll never understand. Maybe it was a sign.
MCCC/SFDOQC (2011-present)
2-502 IN (2008-2011)
RS Class 8-08
judgeM
US Army

Post by judgeM »

Seriously, Candy Bar Wrappers? that is so cruel, unless they're paper and edible.

He may be able to write you what plt/squad/co he is in. Also, based on other posts - it looks like if you address the envelope without naming his company it will still eventually get to him as long as you got the class number right. Ask him when you write him!
Judge M

"Reverentia Legum" - Respect the Law
mroush

He may be able to write you what plt/squad/co he is in. Also

Post by mroush »

Thank you! That is the best answer that I have gotten! What I have done is just send letters with his class number, I am assuming that they are getting to him! I send a stamped envelope every time I write. Thank you all for your input it is greatly appreciated!
42L5V
Ranger

Re: He may be able to write you what plt/squad/co he is in.

Post by 42L5V »

mroush wrote:Thank you! That is the best answer that I have gotten! What I have done is just send letters with his class number, I am assuming that they are getting to him! I send a stamped envelope every time I write. Thank you all for your input it is greatly appreciated!

I carried the larger sized index cards, pre-addressed and stamped. It was easy to scribble a quick note and mail, instead of having to waterproof and carry both paper and envelopes. Besides, you can only write "hungry and tired, I got my go" so many times in a letter before it gets old... :lol:
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
CardiacKid
Ranger

Post by CardiacKid »

Hah 42L5V, my girl did get a chuckle out of the write in the rain pads of paper in ziploc bags that I mailed to her. She was disappointed not to get an MRE postcard like I had promised. I could never manage to keep that super absorbent cardboard dry long enough to write on it and even if it did dry out, it was usually tinted white from sweat stains.
MCCC/SFDOQC (2011-present)
2-502 IN (2008-2011)
RS Class 8-08
mroush

Post by mroush »

I heard from him today and found out his company!
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

mroush wrote:I heard from him today and found out his company!
Well there ya go!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537