SITREP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
DRM
Paratrooper

SITREP

Post by DRM »

Rangers,

I was medically dropped from 01-09, pending my x-ray results. I have a hairline fracture in my right foot. I thought I would be okay not saying anything to the cadre, but it caught up to me after Tuesday PT.

I talked to the ROC CO and he is letting me recycle into the class that begins in January, pending how my x-ray results come back. If it looks like it's going to take a while to heal, we're going to talk about assigning me permanent party to the ROC until I'm healed up to join a class in the summer. He did this for a heat casualty and kept him permanent party for 6 months until a winter class began.

I'll post the final details tomorrow afternoon.

-DRM
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Sorry to hear that. I think it would be safe to assume that you made a good impression. I don't think they do that for everybody. Use that time wisely and heal up. There is plenty info in the Ranger Handbook that you can work on in the meantime. Practice writing OPORDS and FRAGOs. Get that shit perfected, if you haven't already. Don't go blow this chance on Victory Dr., acting stupid. :wink: Good luck.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

The good thing is, my profile only says I can't run/ruck/jump, so in my downtime I can still swim or ride a bike machine in the Ranger gym while I heal up to stay on top of cardio and I can still do pushups and situps, so I'm trying to look at this the best way possible. I was crushed when I was told to turn in my equipment. I actually didn't sleep last night because I felt so sick to my stomach about the possibility of being dropped completely. But it all comes down to my results and what the CO can pull.

I'm staying optimistic, Rangers,
-DRM
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

It's not the obstacles you face that defines you. It's how you try to overcome them. Maintain your will and yes, the best advice has been given: Stay off Victory Drive, and every other place that is not a direct support to your goal.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Well, fuck.

Give me a call when you get a chance.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

DRM,
Don't worry about it too much. I blew the fuck out of my ankle in Basic training doing wind sprints right after the P.T. test. I was in a cast for most of basic. Even had to go to the qual range with a cast. I did damn near everything except the things that required me to walk (road march) or run. When the cast came off, I had to take a P.T. test and then complete the final road march with the group in order to pass basic. I did.

I know you are past basic, and the reason I bring up my story is because, if you never quit on yourself, those around you will see the drive and help you to achieve your goals.

With that:

You are being given a great opportunity to receive some great training. Do not push yourself too hard where it will destroy your opportunities, (read as: get too hurt to heal in time) instead, use this time wisely and get as much out of it that you can.

If you show the will and desire, the door will be held open for you. Once you walk through, it's on you.

Good luck, never quit.

Glass ankles Bravo57 OUT.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by Jim »

DRM wrote:I talked to the ROC CO and he is letting me recycle into the class that begins in January, pending how my x-ray results come back. If it looks like it's going to take a while to heal, we're going to talk about assigning me permanent party to the ROC until I'm healed up to join a class in the summer. He did this for a heat casualty and kept him permanent party for 6 months until a winter class began.
-DRM
Obviously, you have impressed the cadre. Take enough time to fully heal and never never quir!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Looks like you have a great oppotunity to observe and digest. Jan is not far away - heal up.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Bravo57 wrote:
You are being given a great opportunity to receive some great training. Do not push yourself too hard where it will destroy your opportunities, (read as: get too hurt to heal in time) instead, use this time wisely and get as much out of it that you can.

If you show the will and desire, the door will be held open for you. Once you walk through, it's on you.

Good luck, never quit.
Great words here and just what I was thinking when I read your post. While it may seem like a setback, this is a great opportunity for you to absorb a tremendous amout of knowledge.

Once you do complete, you should be light years ahead of the group you arrive at your Bn. with.

Stay motivated.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

Rangers,

The x-rays came back. I have been medically dropped, HOWEVER, I am allowed to come back in 6 months. I have the hairline fracture and torn ligaments as well as tendonitis in my left leg. If I was a 92 series or an MOS the Regiment really needs, it would've been a different situation. But I'm going to go to wherever I'm sent, be the best soldier I can, and get back into RIP ASAP.

Rangers or any members of this site who know: how do I go about applying for RIP in the future?

-DRM
Deus Ex Machina.
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Deus Ex Machina. »

DRM wrote:Rangers,

The x-rays came back. I have been medically dropped, HOWEVER, I am allowed to come back in 6 months. I have the hairline fracture and torn ligaments as well as tendonitis in my left leg. If I was a 92 series or an MOS the Regiment really needs, it would've been a different situation. But I'm going to go to wherever I'm sent, be the best soldier I can, and get back into RIP ASAP.

Rangers or any members of this site who know: how do I go about applying for RIP in the future?

-DRM
Fuck.....I wish you luck in the future, bro.
MORTARWILD
Inprocessing

Post by MORTARWILD »

Last edited by MORTARWILD on April 19th, 2009, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

MORTARWILD wrote:
DRM wrote:Rangers,

-DRM
I think you have to fill out a 4187 when you are at your unit.
Sheer Genius :D
MORTARWILD
Inprocessing

Post by MORTARWILD »

Last edited by MORTARWILD on April 19th, 2009, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Hi, doesn't anyone dropped from RIP, no matter what the reason, have the right to reaply in 6 months? soldiersdad

Return to “Letters from School”