Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Atrum-Rivalen
Tadpole

Introduction

Post by Atrum-Rivalen »

Hello to you all,

Upon browsing the internet I stumbled across this site and am very glad I found it, this seems to be a place where I can learn a lot from more experienced, and knowledgeable people.

I'm currently a high school senior and seventeen years old. I have come to this site as I have written above, to soak up as much knowledge as I can. The way I figure it, the more I know, the better prepared I will be for when I leave for basic training this summer.

As I am not sure of this sites regulation about information sharing, I will refrain from giving personal information such as, MOS, Ship Date, Location, ets until I am told otherwise that is acceptable.

Thank you for the opportunity to be a member of this community, and once more I am looking forward to learning as much as I can, so that I may arm myself with knowledge before I take the next step into my military career.

- Atrum Rivalen

PS: For the record, "Atrum Rivalen" is a pseudonym with words deriving from Latin and Dutch.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Atrum-Rivalen

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Atrum-Rivalen

Are you saying you are enrolled in the DEP program? If you are it is acceptable for you to list you entry date in your signature line.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Ranger Andy »

Atrum-Rivalen wrote:

I will refrain from giving personal information such as, MOS, Ship Date, Location

Yo dude, Do you want to be a Ranger or what?
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
Atrum-Rivalen
Tadpole

Post by Atrum-Rivalen »

Yes I am in DEP, I've been going to these "Future Soldier" training events at every opportunity.

Yes, I want to be a Ranger. Option 40 is in my contract and I'm working hard right now to make sure I dont have the opportunity to fail. It's not an option. Making sure all of my school grades are high, making sure my vocational Law Enforcement school grades are through the roof, and working out until I have nothing left and then some.

Thank you for the clarification.

-Atrum Rivalen
Atrum-Rivalen
Tadpole

Post by Atrum-Rivalen »

Its an honor to be able to serve, I had a friend who found out he was DQed with no opportunity for a waiver, he was probably going to kill himself (He got very depressed), I convinced him there are plenty of ways to serve his country. He's much better now, and still has the same passion to serve the United States that he did then, and that I have now.
Atrum-Rivalen
Tadpole

Post by Atrum-Rivalen »

Ranger Dafid,

Thank you for correcting me, I am here to learn and should have known better. I offer my sincerest apologies to the people who I have disrespected, and it will not happen again.

-Atrum Rivalen.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Read the PM (private message) that I'm sending you concerning the ROE (rules of engagement) of this site.

If you have not done so, complete an Army Physical Fitness Test, comprised of 2 minutes of push ups, 2 minutes of sit ups, and a 2 mile run. Add pull ups (hands faced toward you) and post those scores.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Atrum-Rivalen
Tadpole

Post by Atrum-Rivalen »

Ranger 42L5V,

I have not yet done the PT test, but when I do I will be sure to post the scores here. Thank you for the PM as well.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site. Check out the Mentor area, when you get a chance. It might be something you are interested in.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

42L5V wrote:Read the PM (private message) that I'm sending you concerning the ROE (rules of engagement) of this site.

If you have not done so, complete an Army Physical Fitness Test, comprised of 2 minutes of push ups, 2 minutes of sit ups, and a 2 mile run. Add pull ups (hands faced toward you) and post those scores.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com
Once you complete that within a reasonable time ( a week ) do another test with a 5 mile run instead of two. The 5 miler is the new 50m target.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!

Return to “Introduction Archive”