Introduction to everyone

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

colin1
USAF

Introduction to everyone

Post by colin1 »

Hello everyone my name is Colin. I'm 22 years old and currently serving in the Air Force. I have exactly a year and a half left on my current enlistment and plan on getting out of the AF so I can enlist in the Army and hopefully become a Ranger. I've looked on various other websites to try and find the information I'm looking for before I began posting on here. Are there any certain MOS's that are more likely to get me into a Ranger contract? Or does it matter? Another website I looked at had a list of MOS's that I could choose in order to become a Ranger. Thank you very much for your time
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

thanks for serving and welcome here. have you tried looking for the Regiment on the Army's webpage? AKO/DKO?
colin1 wrote:and plan on getting out of the AF so I can enlist in the Army and hopefully become a Ranger
I plan on going to the Swiss tonight, and "hopefully" I'll get laid. you will or you won't, you want it or you don't. or not enough. figure it out now, it'll decrease the pain you suffer prior to a realization.

edit: you are currently serving in the US Military and posted in the DEPS/civilian sector. while some of us at times may feel that the AF isn't really real military, I'm pretty sure the AF is still part of the DOD. you should have posted in the Rangers/Vets/etc... area and not here. attention to detail is something we stress in our lifestyle.

moving this to the proper forum.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
colin1
USAF

Post by colin1 »

I apologize for posting in the wrong forum. Thank you for your advice and welcoming me to the site. Telling me that "I will join or I won't join, I want it or I don't" actually made it very clear to me that I need to get my mind right. You are absolutely correct I need to make up my mind right now and save the time and headache at a later date. So as of this moment after reading your post my mind is completely set on being a Ranger. Thanks for giving me the kick in the ass I needed. Hope you had fun at The Swiss I've heard good things about it from folks around here.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Just so you know, we've had Air Force students in the last couple of classes.

What's your career field?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

colin1

Post by Steadfast »

This intro locked, duplicate intro use - - > viewtopic.php?t=44650
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4