officer wife vs. enlisted wife

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Moni D

Post by Moni D »

BadMuther wrote:I am going to go eat my gun now.......... :(
Awww don't eat your gun when you could eat a woman... less chance of acute lead poisoning that way :wink:
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Yea, BM is like a 250 loving Vagina that talks....aint it cute?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Abell9 wrote:Yea, BM is like a 250 loving Vagina that talks....aint it cute?
Old man, is there a need for me to drag you around the campfire by your ear???
RangerLink
Ranger

Post by RangerLink »

Exactly what Odin said, wives don't have rank. Hang out with the people you want to.
PL & Asst S-3, 2-87IN
10th MTN DIV (LI) 1995 to 1997

S-4, S-3Air & Alpha Company Cdr, 2-7CAV
1st CAV DIV 1998-2000

Currently S-3/1-141IN, TXANG

Ranger Class 1-97

"It ain't hard to be an officer, but it's damn hard to a good officer." Unknown Chief Petty Officer

"LET NO MAN'S SOUL CRY OUT 'HAD I PROPER TRAINING!" Unknown
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

One thing that I'd suggest to help your husband is that if he mentions anything at all to you about his unit that you don't under any circumstances share anything you know about what he does in the unit, where the unit has gone, what his feelings are about his relationship about his peers or chain of command are. DO NOT share what he may discuss with you, with ANY other wives.

This will create definite problems if you are friends with a blabber mouth but don't know it yet.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Good point Spartan and I have an incident that crystalizes it very well. I was deploying with my Platoon to a training event in Germany. We were going to conduct our live fire certification. One of my Sergeants asked to stay back a couple of days so he could attend an important OBGYN appointment with his spouse. I figured what the heck he'll show up a few days late but it won't affect training.

Anyway since he and his wife had just arrived, I tasked my wife to assist them during this time period. My wife is a good trooper and followed orders accordingly. Anyway times goes by and I am wondering "where the hell is my SGT". I contacted rear detachment and spoke to him. He was having problems with the appointment, transportation and a litany of issues. I figured since we were deploying to war in short order he would need to have his family set before we left.

Turns out the SGT never showed up and when I got back my wife told me something. She said that while she was helping them out, my SGTs wife (former military) had told her "He and I kept moving the appointment so he didn't have to go to Germany". Somehow I reckon my SGTs wife had forgotten or was stupid enough to not know that her helper was also the wife of her Husbands Platoon Sergeant.

KAWOOOSH! ( sorry for borrowing that Ranger Luna)

I was asked to provide a SGT for Rear detachment during our deployment to Iraq, so I did the honorable thing. I left him here with his wife while me and the boys went to do our job!

He is probably the only soldier on the Army right now without a combat patch!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “The Mosh Pit”