info on 36-hr pass, anyone?

Basic & AIT
jf.08
Embryo

info on 36-hr pass, anyone?

Post by jf.08 »

hi. my name's jamie. my boyfriend is currently at osut in fort benning. he told me this would be a great site to find out more info on stuff regarding his training and what not. and i've found it very helpful. thanks. i have a question though regarding his 36 hour pass. he's on his 7th week right now. he told me there would be a pass after the 9th week, if i'm not mistaken. if someone could elaborate more on the topic. like how do i pick him up, where i pick him up.. etc. that would be great. THANK YOU AGAIN! you've all be really helpful.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Interesting.....
Check it out. First, get a hard date from him. When exactly he's getting a pass, things like that. Ask him for specific instructions on when, where and how to meet him. Then, get tickets, a hotel room (if any are available) and a rental car. Also, go online to Fort Benning's website and it to will have all the information you're looking for. Good luck.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
jf.08
Embryo

Post by jf.08 »

thanks. i called for more info regarding his pass. they told me it will be after the 9th week. pick up would be aroud 0900 and he must return on sunday at 2000. i'm just wondering on if they'll let me pick him up since i'm just his girlfriend. not immediate family.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

jf.08 wrote:thanks. i called for more info regarding his pass. they told me it will be after the 9th week. pick up would be aroud 0900 and he must return on sunday at 2000. i'm just wondering on if they'll let me pick him up since i'm just his girlfriend. not immediate family.
Should not be a problem at all.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
jf.08
Embryo

Post by jf.08 »

:) thanks!
jf.08
Embryo

Post by jf.08 »

haha. alright. i'll be ready.
jf.08
Embryo

Post by jf.08 »

i apologize for not having addressed individual's formally.

wazzle, thanks.
Jim, thank you.
The Holmchicken, thank you very much.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

jf.08 wrote:i apologize for not having addressed individual's formally.

wazzle, thanks.
Jim, thank you.
The Holmchicken, thank you very much.

Close enough. :lol: :lol: :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
QtMedic4Life
US Navy Vet / US Army Reserves

Post by QtMedic4Life »

I am glad I found this post. My friend who went through OSUT 4 years ago said he didn't have family day after week 9. I hope X has it. I am making plans to go out there even though that's 7 weeks away, the Military has taught me it's easier to change plans as opposed to create them at the last minute so I'm getting prepared. I love the search function!!!

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your trip. Hope to be up there in Washington with you soon :)!!!

~J
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Hi, I remeber my sons mid-cycle (family day) it was great but not for all. There was soldiers in formation that had not tested very well on PT. They did not get leave. Family members could spend a short time with them at the barracks but then had to leave. Soldiers were warned that leaves would be pulled for bad pt test but they didn't believe it. Leaves were pulled. soldiersdad
Deus Ex Machina.
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Deus Ex Machina. »

soldiersdad wrote:Hi, I remeber my sons mid-cycle (family day) it was great but not for all. There was soldiers in formation that had not tested very well on PT. They did not get leave. Family members could spend a short time with them at the barracks but then had to leave. Soldiers were warned that leaves would be pulled for bad pt test but they didn't believe it. Leaves were pulled. soldiersdad
Truest words ever^.

I did fine on my PT test, but for the guys who didn't.....well..lets just say they're doing bitch details.

Return to “About OSUT”