CIB

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

Nothing you have done in the Corps transfers over to the Army to wear on any uniform except for ribbons.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
Atilla83
Inprocessing

Post by Atilla83 »

Roger that
1LT 11A IN USA
C C0 (LRS)(ABN) 2-38CAV (III CORPS LRS); 1st LAR BN 1st MARDIV 02-06
Ranger Class 08-12
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Atilla83 wrote:.... but I would rather people be able to see I have put rounds down range.
Who cares? Everyone will know you can put rounds down range when the shit hits the fan and you are actually "putting rounds down range".

Don't get hung up on showing the world what you have done. If I work with you and you are a good dude, I could care less if you have a CAB, CIB, CAR or recruiter patch.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Nomad wrote:
Atilla83 wrote:.... but I would rather people be able to see I have put rounds down range.
Who cares? Everyone will know you can put rounds down range when the shit hits the fan and you are actually "putting rounds down range".

Don't get hung up on showing the world what you have done. If I work with you and you are a good dude, I could care less if you have a CAB, CIB, CAR or recruiter patch.

And THAT is the perspective to live by. Scare badges mean nothing. Performance and dependability......everything.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Atilla83
Inprocessing

Post by Atilla83 »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
Nomad wrote:

And THAT is the perspective to live by. Scare badges mean nothing. Performance and dependability......everything.
Good point and you guys are right. Just need to reconcile myself with donning an Army uniform and let the old service go. More of a trying not to lose that identity as opposed to a looking tough thing. But your right having or not having those awards does not affect whether I am worth a shit or not. Thanks for putting things in perspective.
1LT 11A IN USA
C C0 (LRS)(ABN) 2-38CAV (III CORPS LRS); 1st LAR BN 1st MARDIV 02-06
Ranger Class 08-12
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Silverback wrote:
JLTW!!! wrote:I wear the 1st and 2nd MARDIV patch on my right sleeve sometimes. We fell under there direct control while I was over there....I mainly do it to piss off a good friend of mine (former Marine) that is now Army b/c he isn't authorized to wear it.

Definitely read the regs, but I know that the CAR you earned does not transfer over to a CIB in the Army. There is plenty of war to go around so if/when you make it to 18A, you'll get your shot. :wink:
I think active Army guys who wear Marine patches are posers!
My 1SG in Vicenza back in 83 wore a marine patch. He was Ranger qualified and while a Marine in Nam was in the fight at Dien Bien Phu which left him one of 11 survivors. He was definitely not a poser. They say that the body count in front of his smoking M60 was 200 but that’s what they say….
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Silverback
Ranger

Re: ,

Post by Silverback »

Chiron wrote:
Silverback wrote:
JLTW!!! wrote:I wear the 1st and 2nd MARDIV patch on my right sleeve sometimes. We fell under there direct control while I was over there....I mainly do it to piss off a good friend of mine (former Marine) that is now Army b/c he isn't authorized to wear it.

Definitely read the regs, but I know that the CAR you earned does not transfer over to a CIB in the Army. There is plenty of war to go around so if/when you make it to 18A, you'll get your shot. :wink:
I think active Army guys who wear Marine patches are posers!
My 1SG in Vicenza back in 83 wore a marine patch. He was Ranger qualified and while a Marine in Nam was in the fight at Dien Bien Phu which left him one of 11 survivors. He was definitely not a poser. They say that the body count in front of his smoking M60 was 200 but that’s what they say….
Correct me if I am wrong, Vietnam ended in 1975 it is now 2008...it is a completely different world and we are talking about completely different people. Sorry if I offended the memory of your 1SG from 25 years ago.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Silverback wrote:
Chiron wrote:
Silverback wrote: I think active Army guys who wear Marine patches are posers!
Correct me if I am wrong, Vietnam ended in 1975 it is now 2008...it is a completely different world and we are talking about completely different people. Sorry if I offended the memory of your 1SG from 25 years ago.
True he has retired. The "Duke" wouldn't be offended anyway. I thought to point out that event of many, many years ago. Hell if he was here he'd be laughing anyway... :lol:
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Chiron wrote:[My 1SG in Vicenza back in 83 wore a marine patch. He was Ranger qualified and while a Marine in Nam was in the fight at Dien Bien Phu which left him one of 11 survivors. He was definitely not a poser. They say that the body count in front of his smoking M60 was 200 but that’s what they say….
A lot of former marines wore their VN era USMC patches but it wasn't authorized then either. USAF & USN vets would wear the MACV SSI if they were in country, sine MACV was a joint service command.
But if the 1SG was claiming BDP, then he was a poser since the French fought and lost that one in '54...but we can chalk that up to a 'senior moment' on your part, right? :twisted: I know the hill fight you're thinking of but can't remember the name of the place either :evil:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

K.Ingraham wrote:
Chiron wrote:[My 1SG in Vicenza back in 83 wore a marine patch. He was Ranger qualified and while a Marine in Nam was in the fight at Dien Bien Phu which left him one of 11 survivors. He was definitely not a poser. They say that the body count in front of his smoking M60 was 200 but that’s what they say….
A lot of former marines wore their VN era USMC patches but it wasn't authorized then either. USAF & USN vets would wear the MACV SSI if they were in country, sine MACV was a joint service command.
But if the 1SG was claiming BDP, then he was a poser since the French fought and lost that one in '54...but we can chalk that up to a 'senior moment' on your part, right? :twisted: I know the hill fight you're thinking of but can't remember the name of the place either :evil:
He probably got mixed up from reading this thread.

viewtopic.php?p=354838&highlight=casca#354838
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Silverback wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote:

My bad. I had a cousin in the legion that was killed at Dien Bien Phu and may have mixed up the battles.

I was under the impression that the Marines also fought at Dien Bien Phu in the late 60s but may have mixed the name on this issue.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Chiron wrote:
Silverback wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote: A lot of former marines wore their VN era USMC patches but it wasn't authorized then either. USAF & USN vets would wear the MACV SSI if they were in country, sine MACV was a joint service command.

My bad. I had a cousin in the legion that was killed at Dien Bien Phu and may have mixed up the battles.

I was under the impression that the Marines also fought at Dien Bien Phu in the late 60s but may have mixed the name on this issue.
Khe Sanh was the siege I think you are referring to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khe_Sanh
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Jim wrote:
Chiron wrote:
Silverback wrote:

Khe Sanh was the siege I think you are referring to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khe_Sanh
That's it! Thanks Jim.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton

Return to “The Mosh Pit”