Grand Jury Clears Texan in the Killing of 2 Burglars

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

According to a ruling by a GRAND JURY he did the right thing according to Texas state laws. 'Nuff Said.

Do I think that a thief should face the death penalty (as defined by execution by the State)? No. These two meat sacks only stole a monitarily small amount of property. Those fucks at Enron literally destroyed peoples lives. They wouldn't recieve the death penalty.

However, if my neighbors house is being broken into, I will act. Why? (If you are a LEO this is going to piss you off, oh well) The police are not there to help you. It isn't their fault. There isn't enough of them to do the job, small crimes (ie. Petty theft, Car theft) bring in no money to what ever size of government they work for (in fact it costs them money) and honestly the pay isn't enough.

If there is someone breaking into my neighbors house I feel I have a responsibility to stop it. The government has written laws that pretty much limit a persons ability to protect their own neighborhoods from predators and use the fact that they have an under trained, under funded and under manned police force as justification.

How am I supposed to know if all they are after is their DVD player? You want me to ask them first? "Hey buddy are just here for the stuff or are you going to rape, murder then steal?" Shout, show, shoot to kill. The gentlman from Texas did just that. It's the criminals who didn't stop immediately and surrender. Judging from their records they have been through this all before. The half wits are the ones to blame, if they hadn't been breaking into the house in the first place they would still be alive.

My opinion it's free take it for what it's worth.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

Silverback wrote:What's your threshold?
Actually it is quite liberal:
1. Murder.
2. Attempted Murder.
3. Some instances of Rape.
4. Anything that receives a "Life without the possibility of parole" sentence.
5. Anything with multiple life sentences.
6. Some instances of fraud.
7. GTA and some other instances of burglary/theft.
8. Some drug related felonies (even though I think most drugs should be legal and taxed).
9. All forms of domestic terrorism (eco, animal, abortion clinics, racial and so on).
10. All traitors.

The list goes on, but I believe you get the idea.
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

rangertough wrote:According to a ruling by a GRAND JURY he did the right thing according to Texas state laws. 'Nuff Said.

Do I think that a thief should face the death penalty (as defined by execution by the State)? No. These two meat sacks only stole a monitarily small amount of property. Those fucks at Enron literally destroyed peoples lives. They wouldn't recieve the death penalty.

However, if my neighbors house is being broken into, I will act. Why? (If you are a LEO this is going to piss you off, oh well) The police are not there to help you. It isn't their fault. There isn't enough of them to do the job, small crimes (ie. Petty theft, Car theft) bring in no money to what ever size of government they work for (in fact it costs them money) and honestly the pay isn't enough.

If there is someone breaking into my neighbors house I feel I have a responsibility to stop it. The government has written laws that pretty much limit a persons ability to protect their own neighborhoods from predators and use the fact that they have an under trained, under funded and under manned police force as justification.

How am I supposed to know if all they are after is their DVD player? You want me to ask them first? "Hey buddy are just here for the stuff or are you going to rape, murder then steal?" Shout, show, shoot to kill. The gentlman from Texas did just that. It's the criminals who didn't stop immediately and surrender. Judging from their records they have been through this all before. The half wits are the ones to blame, if they hadn't been breaking into the house in the first place they would still be alive.

My opinion it's free take it for what it's worth.

Tough
Perfect synopsis...I was writting one until I read yours, Tough..

Only thing I can add is this: had I been in Texas my actions would have been SIMILAR (less the 911 Call prior...that was kinda dumbass no matter where you are :roll: ).

In Florida, would not have shot 'em unless they were inside MY home...
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I am mostly convinced the guy did the right thing, there are just a few odd facts that make me wonder.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Ranger Bill wrote:
Silverback wrote:
Ranger Bill wrote:Justice...
Do you support the death penalty for thievery?
Of course not. But if someone invades my home or my neighbors', I will not stand by and watch them escape with the goods. I'll shout halt or I'll shoot and if they don't halt, I will shoot. If they halt, I'll keep them covered until the police arrive.
The difference between a relatively minor property crime like burglury and murder or rape is if the criminal is walked in on by the innocent property owner.
While I agree that this guy was a hair over the line, it's OK by me since it's the criminals in Houston who should be afraid, unlike here in NYS where it is all but mandated that the innocent must be victims.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The whole thing brings a smile to my face.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

The only issue I have is the dumb things he said on the phone. I think the Castle Doctrine should be followed, and if it allows you to shoot people for property crimes, do it. The moral compass in our society is slipping. SHit bags think they can take peoples property and get away with it. Maybe this will force some to think twice about breaking into a house in the Houston area.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “The News Dump”