Hot sauce

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverback
Ranger

Hot sauce

Post by Silverback »

As some may know I am a hot sauce fan. For those who don't know...I am a hot sauce fan.

Today I tried a sauce called "Endorphin rush". I liked it so much I had to order some. While looking at some reviews I found this review of the very hot sauce I ordered.

it's like getting punched in the face by a gorgeous woman!

Endorphin Rush get a 5 for flavor and a 6 for heat.
Last edited by Silverback on June 25th, 2008, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Are there any good hot sause websites out there that sell all the good ones or do you have to order individually from each company website?
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

RTO wrote:Are there any good hot sause websites out there that sell all the good ones or do you have to order individually from each company website?
I sent you the site via PM. Read some of the reviews...fucking hilarious!

http://firegirlpower.com/
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Made my own once many years ago. As I remember is was 0 for taste and 15 for hot! Never did that again. (But I do like hot sauce)
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Tirehouse
Ranger

Post by Tirehouse »

Your Review:: I've had all three of Da Bombs. I've had multipul Mad Dogs. I've eaten Dave's Gourmet everything. The Source is the only sauce that ever hurt me! I hadn't eaten since lunch(about 1pm). I tried about a pencil eraser size glob on a chip around 6pm. There was some pain and a little sweating. After a little iced tea I was fine. Nine o'clock that night(still no food)...it hit a spot in my intestines and I thought I would die! I ended up on the bathroom floor in a cold sweat dry heaving. I was able to get up after five min. or so. What ever you do, do not eat this on an empty stomach. - RLTW!!!
Taste Opinion: Good; Heat Opinion: TOO HOT!
Ok which one of you fuckers wrote this??????
TFR Somalia
Kosovo KFOR3A, Iraq 2003-4 OIF 1, 08-10
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Tirehouse wrote:
Your Review:: I've had all three of Da Bombs. I've had multipul Mad Dogs. I've eaten Dave's Gourmet everything. The Source is the only sauce that ever hurt me! I hadn't eaten since lunch(about 1pm). I tried about a pencil eraser size glob on a chip around 6pm. There was some pain and a little sweating. After a little iced tea I was fine. Nine o'clock that night(still no food)...it hit a spot in my intestines and I thought I would die! I ended up on the bathroom floor in a cold sweat dry heaving. I was able to get up after five min. or so. What ever you do, do not eat this on an empty stomach. - RLTW!!!
Taste Opinion: Good; Heat Opinion: TOO HOT!
Ok which one of you fuckers wrote this??????
That was obviously written by a pussy! The sauce is hot, but it's not "cry like a little girl hot"!

A funny story...
My son (16 year old) saw me dabbing some hot sauce in my salsa and says "What's the matter too hot for you old man". I laughed and said "You couldn't possibly imagine"..."Hey come here son"
I then dip the tip of a toothpick into the sauce and say "Try this"

The rest is a fond memory (in my mind)...He drank an entire gallon of milk. You would think that after seeing the bottle that discretion is the better part of valor. I think it was Blair's Mega Death
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Tirehouse
Ranger

Post by Tirehouse »

Holy shit I had tears after reading this one............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"It's the little things that put the spice in life."

Bollocks.

It's the fucking red hot jalapeño peppers, the Scotch Bonnet chillies and insanity sauces that put the spice in life.

I've always loved me some hot and spicy food. In fact, I pretty much heat up everything I eat in one way or another. Tabasco sauce in tomato soup. Raw chillies in a chicken salad. I love it.

Suffice to say, I've built up a hefty tolerance to the hot stuff. What I would consider to be a mild chilli con carne would cripple most grown men, and my homemade curries could be considered dangerous for consumption.

My local curry house knows me so well, that when my number appears on their caller I.D, they simply pick up the phone and say "yep, chicken Phaal, extra heat and rice. Be about half hour, Joey."

Any time, day or night, just gimme the heat. I've eaten Vindaloo for breakfast on several occasions, and I use my limited edition Hardman hot sauce to spice up a sandwich.

There's nothing that I can't handle.

I'm a Bruce Lee of the culinary kind.

Hard as fuck.

Or so I thought.

Friday night saw my brother's 30th birthday, and although I can't stand him and his circle of friends, I thought I better show my face.

After visiting a few of the pubs in town, we decided it was time to get something to eat. The chosen venue was a new curry house that had just opened, which suited me fine.

The restaurant itself was nice. They even had 'beer towers', which I'd never come across before. For people who don't know, these things are the ultimate shit. They hold 9 pints of your chosen lager, which is kept cool by the frosted thermos tower walls. Every time you finish your glass, just help yourself to more out of the tap at the bottom of the tower. Brilliant.

But it wasn't just the choice of drinking vessels that had attracted us to this particular restaurant.

No.

It was me. Me and my big fucking mouth.

"That new curry place has got an offer on. They reckon they do a dish so hot that if one person can eat it all, your whole group eats for free. C'mon, I'll eat it all. Piece of piss."

I was so certain that I even told people not to bother getting any more cash out of the ATM's, because there's no way we would have to pay. I'm the fucking curry king, me.

They gave me a few dubious looks, but I was supremely confident in my quest. I'd never been beaten yet, and I wasn't about to start now.

We went inside, and after we had settled down with our drinks, the waiter came over to take the order.

"Yeah, I'll have the 'hot' curry you do. I'll finish it, no problem."

"Are you sure?"

"Listen, I know what I'm talking about. Bring it on!"

After taking everyone else's order, he proceeded to the kitchen, where I'm sure I heard the fuckers laughing. Well, I'll fucking show them.....

When the food arrived, I was the last to be served. I think this may have just been done for effect, as when the guy came through the kitchen door with my meal, he was holding it away from his body, as if it was a bomb that was about to go off.

What he placed down in front of me was like no other curry I had ever seen before. It was almost black, and the surface was bubbling away, giving it the impression of a boiling tar pit. I got a whiff of the stuff, and I could almost feel the hairs in my nose begin to melt. Oh well, no turning back now.

I picked up my fork, and tentatively speared a piece of chicken that was poking up from the depths of the deathly looking sauce. I suddenly became aware of the faces that had appeared at the little round window that led to the kitchen, reminding of that scene from Jurassic Park. The 2 guys behind the drinks bar appeared to be having some sort of bet.

I put the chicken in my mouth and began to chew. I was expecting it to be hot. What I wasn't expecting was for my mouth to explode with intense, agonising heat, that seemed to seep upwards and into my brain in a matter of seconds.

I remained calm and collected on the outside, not wanting to give the game away. On the inside, my tongue felt like it was having contractions, and my gums were bleeding molten lava. After what seemed like eternity, I had sufficiently chewed the offending piece of meat to consistency that I could swallow. The sauce on the chicken burned my throat, and I could feel it as it slid down my gullet and headed towards my stomach.

"Mmmm, not bad, not bad at all," I said, reaching swiftly for my pint glass, and trying to casually neck the entire contents without looking desperate.

I piled up another fork load, and shoved it into my mouth, determined to chew and swallow as quick as possible to avoid the agonising heat that was still trying to melt away my face from the inside. Already I could feel beads of perspiration popping out across my forehead.

My brain was screaming out to me. This was madness! For fuck's sake, don't carry on!

But personal pride is a motherfucker. And seeing as nobody even had any money on them, I wasn't about to spend the next 6 months washing dishes for these Indian fuckwits.

I managed another few mouthfuls in quick succession, but by now sweat was streaming down my face, and my calm composure was completely gone. I was having to down nearly a whole pint of beer between each mouthful just to put the flames out.

I got about half way through, and I was in pain. My lips were stinging, my eyes were streaming, and my throat felt like I had drunk a gallon of drain cleaner. I pushed the bowl away, and the watching waiter came over to the table.

"So, you cant finish the meal, no? Well, you'll have to pay..... You should be proud though, that was a good attempt. Just not good enough....."

Right. Fuck you. I'm not being beaten by these assholes.

I grabbed the bowl and pulled it back in front of me. What the hell was I doing?

I pushed on, tackling the dish one mouthful at a time, pausing after each swallow to drink more and more. My tower was starting to run low already.

But by this point, I was on a mission. The pain began to become irrelevant. I picked up speed, getting a second wind, and started piling 3 or 4 bits of meat into my mouth in one go. I was really going to do it!

5 minutes later, I was wiping up the last of the sauce with a bit of naan bread, and I held the bowl aloft, like a hunter with a prized trophy.

"Ha! Fuck you guys, all done!"

The waiter came and checked the bowl, and looked at me like I was some sort of maniac.

We left the restaurant, and I got a taxi back home, where I passed out and dreamed some seriously trippy shit.

The following morning I was in no need of an alarm clock. My stomach was churning, and making noises that surely weren't natural. As I swung my legs out of bed, I doubled up in pain, and squatted down on bent knees. Already I could feel my colon starting to contract, and as my stomach gave another mystical churn, I wondered if I would make it to the toilet in time.

I crawled naked on my hands and knees along the landing, cursing myself for being such a stupid bastard. I could see the toilet through the open bathroom door, taunting me like a despotic . would taunt a prisoner who was just about to be executed.

As I reached the door, my stomach let out another gurgle of pre-explosion turmoil, and my passage began to open up against it's will. It was coming whether I wanted it to or not.

I leapt up from the floor, and cleared the remaining distance in the air, landing on the toilet and hugging the cistern and shaking - I hadn't had the time to turn around.

I had just made it, but I wished I hadn't.

It was like a brown river had just burst a dam, and it's raging torrents were now free to cause havoc and destruction.

As the curry had burnt my mouth the night before, my wretched bodily waste would now rain fire and brimstone on my ravaged rectal passage. The searing heat radiated through my intestines, and you could have fried an egg on my ass crack.

I hugged the cistern tighter, and prayed for it all to be over, prayed for the pain to stop. Even when my bowels had been fully evacuated, I couldn't bear to wipe at first. I reached a hand up to the cabinet, and pulled out a handful of cotton wool. Then, leaning over to the sink, I soaked the cotton with fresh, cold water.

The cool refreshing cotton helped, but it still didn't completely take away the fire that still burning relentlessly away. 45 minutes later, I managed to clean up the remaining mess, but I was to walk like John Wayne for the remainder of the day.

Later that evening, I paid the curry house another visit.

"Seriously, guys - what did you put in that thing? You could run a fucking power plant on that stuff."

The chef went into the kitchen, and came back with a small black bottle. The top on the bottle was actually a golden skull. It looked like a bottle of poison from a dark fairy tale.

"Blair's 6 a.m reserve", he said in a deep grave like voice. "Only a thousand bottles ever made. It's the closest you can get to pure Capsaicin without it becoming crystalline. Tabasco sauce is about 2000 Scoville units. This stuff registers in at nearly 16 million Scovilles. I had to sign a disclaimer just to get it. One drop in a gallon of water will produce extreme heat. We put several drops in your curry alone!"

"You bastards! That's attempted murder."

"No, my friend. That's just business. We wouldn't make any money if we had everybody getting free meals."

I resisted the overwhelming urge to punch him in the face, and left the restaurant, and vowed never to return.

Blair's 6 am reserve - it's a little bit of death in a bottle.
TFR Somalia
Kosovo KFOR3A, Iraq 2003-4 OIF 1, 08-10
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Thats funny as shit :lol: :lol: :lol:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Draco
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Draco »

SB.....I didnt read the whole thread, but as fellow chili head, you need any hot stuff...send me a PM and I'll ship ya some. I have some stuff so hot it makes ppls mouth go numb.
1/10th SFG(A) Bad Toelz, FRG 85-88
Co. G/143rd INF (LRRS) 89-91
Rgr Class 6-92
Jack of all trades 92-present

"Hope and pray that you'll never need me,
But rest assured I will not let you down.
I'll walk beside you but you may not see me,
The strongest among you may not wear a crown." 3DD
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

SB, didn't we use to get some very hot wings up at Drum? I think you could get X, XX, XXX and Insanity.
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

I make my own hot sauce a couple times a year. I call it Ranger Piss and Vinegar. I made a batch in 2005 that was (unfortunately) not very hot. I actually sent some out to a few here on the site, even some old retired SOB who was in the box at the time. AND not 1 review was posted. Bastards!! :D

Well my 2007 sauce is much better. Just hot enough to get your attention in a hurry and shake you up for a few before it lets you off the hook. Most of the super hot sauces out there just add pure capsasin to what ever they are making to kick the heat up..... BORING!!!!

I like to blend and use different hot peppers that turn on and off there heat at different times. Some peppers come on stong (which can scare the shit out of you) but die off qiuckly, others build up to a kick your ass side ways heat and hold for a while.

My 2007 batch uses Red Savina Hananero's for its heat (>500,000 scoviles) compared to 150,000 for other Hab's.

I might have a couple of bottles of 2007's laying around (I put that batch in canning jars :oops: ) might be persuaded to send out some samples if you'd be willing to write up a review. Especially YOU!!! You Silverbacked motherfucker!! :wink:
Last edited by McD on June 26th, 2008, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

McD wrote:I make my own hot sauce a couple times a year. I call it Ranger Piss and Vinegar. I made a batch in 2005 that was (unfortunately) not very hot. I actually sent some out to a few here on the site, even some old retired SOB who was in the box at the time. AND not 1 review was posted. Bastards!! :D

Well my 2007 sauce is much better. Just hot enough to get your attention in a hurry and shake you up for a few before it lets you off the hook. Most of the super hot sauces out there just add pure capsasin to what ever they are making to kick the heat up..... BORING!!!!

I like to blend and use different hot peppers that turn on and off there heat at different times. Some peppers come on stong (which can scare the shit out of you) but die off qiuckly, othere build up to a kick you ass side ways heat and hold for a while.

My 2007 batch uses Red Savina Hananero's for its heat (>500,000 scoviles) compared to 150,000 for other Hab's.

I might have a couple of bottles of 2007's laying around (I put that batch in canning jars :oops: ) might be persuaded to send out some samples if you'd be willing to write up a review. Especially YOU!!! You Silverbacked motherfucker!! :wink:
Here and now I consign myself to write a review of your sauce.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

TC204 wrote:I make sauce with Red Savina Habaneros that I grow, you'd probably like it.
I do value flavor as much as heat, although I have a decent tolerance for the heat.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “The Mosh Pit”