Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

JLTW!!! wrote:BTW, Cliv and Angry, thanks for saving me money on watching The Happening.

Has anyone seen the movie with Liv Tyler yet? Called The Strangers, I believe.
I think the reason I was pissed is because I was thoroughly disappointed. I really liked Shyamamamamalan's other movies; they all had an eerie feel to them and great background music. This one was not only totally different, it was also terrible.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:The Happening...I'll tell you what's happening, I, and everyone else it the theater, got savagely dry-raped in the fucking ass by M Night Shyamalan. I don't usually say this, because I have very loose standards when it comes to movies, but, that movie sucked a fat baby's dick! The overall plot of the movie was OK, but the storyline was totally dead, the characters were as shallow as a thimble full of piss, and the special effects look like I fucking made them. M Night should be whipped with a car antenna once for every dollar wasted on that piece of shit, and when he dies prematurely, then his family gets torn the fuck up too.

There, I feel better. :D
If Ebert and Roeper or WTF his name is reviewed movies like that Hollywood would be a better place! :lol:
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:Don't Mess With The Zohan:

I laughed my fucking ass off the whole time.
Me too, bro.

Excellent movie.

I'm thinking of checking out the Incredible Hulk tonight, if I can find a designated driver.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

hit_it wrote:
ANGRYCivilian wrote:Don't Mess With The Zohan:

I laughed my fucking ass off the whole time.
Me too, bro.

Excellent movie.

I'm thinking of checking out the Incredible Hulk tonight, if I can find a designated driver.
I just returned from seeing it. Yes, I have no life at all; all I do is go to the movies. :?

The Hulk was awesome. That's all I'm going to say.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Nomad wrote:
ANGRYCivilian wrote:The Happening...I'll tell you what's happening, I, and everyone else it the theater, got savagely dry-raped in the fucking ass by M Night Shyamalan. I don't usually say this, because I have very loose standards when it comes to movies, but, that movie sucked a fat baby's dick! The overall plot of the movie was OK, but the storyline was totally dead, the characters were as shallow as a thimble full of piss, and the special effects look like I fucking made them. M Night should be whipped with a car antenna once for every dollar wasted on that piece of shit, and when he dies prematurely, then his family gets torn the fuck up too.

If Ebert and Roeper or WTF his name is reviewed movies like that Hollywood would be a better place! :lol:
I need some side work. 'Think they'll pay me? :D
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:
Nomad wrote:

I need some side work. 'Think they'll pay me? :D
I read your reviews and go off of them nine out of ten times. R&E suck.

Speaking of "suck"....I sat through two hours of Kevin Bacon trying to act tough in "Death Sentence". Pathetic. Do not rent that movie.
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

I just rented We Own the Night, Charlie Wilson's War and I am Legend.

We own the night is a pretty good drama. Glad I rented it rather than shelling out $ to see it on the big screen, but pretty good nonetheless. Eva Mendes shows some tit, so we got that going for us.

I thought the book version of Charlie Wilson's War was better, but Phillip Seymour Hoffman was really good in this movie. He nailed it as Gust Avrakotos. Tom Hanks wasn't bad, but I don't see him as a domineering Texan by any stretch. They had to compress it for time, which hurt it some in my opinion.

I am Legend was surprisingly good. I had heard it was a mindless zombie movie. The whole vampire thing was more of a footnote. It was more a survival story than anything. Seeing herds of deer roam an overgrown NYC and Will Smith hit golf balls of the deck of the USS Intrepid was pretty interesting.

All 3 I would recommend renting.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Can't wait for this to get a little more distribution.

I might go check it out on Friday. It looks well worth a drive:

http://www.mongolmovie.com/
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Nomad wrote:Can't wait for this to get a little more distribution.

I might go check it out on Friday. It looks well worth a drive:

http://www.mongolmovie.com/
It looks pretty good; but, it's like 100 miles away. :x
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Indiana Jones was pretty good.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

"Forgetting Sarah Marshall" was funny as hell.
It's by the same guy, with a lot of the same casts, as "40 Year Old Virgin" and "Knocked Up".

Mila Kunis is all growed up, and smokin hot, and for my 2/75 brothers out there the main dude in it shows off his junk about 12 times...so that's a bonus!

I'll probably buy this one.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”