NEED Help Here READ!!!!!!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Horned Toad
Ranger

NEED Help Here READ!!!!!!

Post by Horned Toad »

OK I found this dog on the side of the road. I went to work and she was sitting on the corner. When I cam home she was asleep in the shade waiting for whatever shitbags dumped her there. She is a nice dog and she has been fixed. I would bet she is not much over a year old. I have called all the local vets and the pound to see if she was listed as missing and have drawn a blank. I did find out that if I take her to the pound they will put her down just because she is a pit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Pit_Bull_Terrier

So this dog needs a home or I am going to have to take her to a rescue or a shelter at the end of the week. I have tried to find a home for her here but haven’t had any luck. I have three dogs now and between the whole family we have at least seven running around the whole place, so I can’t bring another one home. I have been calling her Stumpy.

So who needs a dog? If you are far away I am sure this group could get a dog to somewhere if we needed to.

75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

That's too bad. Try posting an ad on 'Craigslist' internet classified ads for your city. It's actually one of the more popular sites on the web if you are not familiar with it.
That's how I found the dog I got in January. The ad is free, no cost to you and gets a large readership each day.

Post the ad with pics in the 'pets' section near the upper lefthand corner of the home page. Here in 'Vegas about 10 new dogs are posted each day and the majority of them do get picked up.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Here's the link Bro, this one should be pretty close.

http://tucson.craigslist.org/
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Go with a rescue organization. Those folks are damn near fanatical zealots when it comes to saving dogs.

I found this link with a few listed for AZ.

http://www.bull911.com/pitbullrescue.php

hope this helps.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

RangerX wrote:Go with a rescue organization. Those folks are damn near fanatical zealots when it comes to saving dogs.

I found this link with a few listed for AZ.

http://www.bull911.com/pitbullrescue.php

hope this helps.
That's my suggestion also, unless someone here wants her.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Ranger Horned Toad,

Craigslist is a good idea, just make sure that you 'screen' the prospects.

With her shorter stature, I would say that she appears to be a Staffordshire Terrier and not a 'pit'(APBT). You could list her as that instead. The breeds are very close, however, by listing her as a Staffie, you might rule out some of the idiots.

Good Luck,

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Keep her Chad! Or give her to a rescue.

I found out that a lot of dogs given away on craig's list go to dog fights ala Michael Vick aka scumbag.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

If I can’t get her a home on the forums or here at work then she will go to a rescue shelter. There is one in Bisbee that takes all dogs.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

BUMP
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

She goes to the shelter Saturday
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:Nice looking girl. 8)

Go with a rescue if you can. She might end up as a training tool for fighting dogs if you whore her out on C-list.......... :(
AZ has some no kill shelters that are near me. I did find out they busted a huge fighting outfit in Tucson, over 150 dogs there. So no craigslist for me.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Two more days :(
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Cliv03 wrote:Can't have any dogs around me....especially girl dogs. I end up asserting my dominance by humping them. :shock:

Seriously, if I could help, I would.

That fits :roll:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )

Return to “The Mosh Pit”