hey new and a few ?'s

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

bootlegbosc
Egg

hey new and a few ?'s

Post by bootlegbosc »

I am 20 yrs old, going to sign a RIP contract this week. I have a few basic questions.

first are rangers working at checkpoints in iraq or is the main duty missions?

Average saary for a ranger?
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Re: hey new and a few ?'s

Post by Disinfertention »

bootlegbosc wrote:I am 20 yrs old, going to sign a RIP contract this week. I have a few basic questions.

You need to read the rules of this site. You're intro is a for sure No Go.

If you want to know what Rangers do, search the site. I'm sure there is something there.

Average salary? We may have earned the title Ranger but we are still Soldiers. We get paid the same as everyone else. So check the Enlisted pay grade chart.

If money is your main concern, go to college and get a degree. The military isn't for you. Service to country should be enough.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site. Be sure to clearly read the ROE pm I'm sending you. Post some PT results and use the search button.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

bootlegbosc,

Welcome to the site. Do not post again until you have read and understood my inbound PM.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Sammich, soup type, one each.

:roll:

YOU are not only a big fat NO GO....you could have scored more points by not even showing up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thanks for your desire to enlist to becme an Army Ranger. Now calm down and heed the advice given to you and follow the rules of this site. Pay attention to details. Post again when you have singen your contract.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

bootlegbosc wrote:I am 20 yrs old, going to sign a RIP contract this week. I have a few basic questions.

HAHA...WTF? I think we have a new record for how far in front of the horse you can put the cart.

If you don't even know the "salary" range for Rangers, then my guess is you are probably not prepared for RIP. You have, however, come to a website that can square you away. As others have said, make the search function your friend, and let those here get you on the right track.

How about your retry your intro, and include some PT scores.
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

$75,000 per year to start. Negotiable, commensurate with experience.

BS in Rangering required or equivalent experience.

Medical, dental, vision, pharmacy and life insurance. 401K.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Copperhead, fix this thing please...(I know you will!!!!)
If KH gets ahold of him, he'll go awol before he gets to MEPS.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

I am sorry I didn't hear you, your not standing at parade rest.
bootlegbosc wrote:first are rangers working at checkpoints in iraq or is the main duty missions?
What if we are guarding check points? Are you saying that if you are guarding a check point than you are less of a soldier? Ohhh...I get it! You are one of those Blackhawk Down Hollywood wanna be jackasses that think it is cool to get shot at.
bootlegbosc wrote:Average saary for a ranger?
Saary? What is that? Did you mean S-A-L-A-R-Y? Well the average Ranger gets a bowl of ice cream and a hug from his squad leader once a month. You won't make much money in this here organization but you will kill more men than cancer.

By the way you write, it sounds like you were in the negative on your ASVAB score.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

I'd ask you to define.."missions" and differntiate between that and working a check point but I somehow think it would be a waste of bandwidth.

You don't know how to soldier yet and assume that by saying your singing a document your already "Rangering".

Trust me on this, not one of us here EVER asked what the fuck our Salary was going to be.

I never marched until told to stop or stopped until told to march, buried a friend or dodged a tracer because I was getting paid. No dollar amount equated to the job satisfaction of bringing all my boys home.

I'm easy like Sunday morning and very few things spin me up but your ignorant salary question has me leading the charge with a vote to ban...

Maybe calmer heads will prevail but I could care less.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Return to “Introduction Archive”