Marines pass out Gospel verse to Iraqi Muslims

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Chiron
Ranger

Re: ,

Post by Chiron »

Southoftheborder wrote:
Chiron wrote:Regrettably more convert to Islam today than to Christianity.
Well, this is essentially a sales issue. Islam has made more sales than Christianity, and I would argue that the reason is because Christians have been negligent in taking care of their market share. Apparently, the Catholic church has recently not only recognized this situation, but is also beginning to address it. Evangelistic Christians appear to see the issue, but I don't see a common marketing approach being developed -- so I would offer that the slant towards Islam is going to continue -- at least for the next 2-4 years. I do believe that the probable foreign policies and focuses of a Democratic president and congress MAY be favorable towards reversing the Islamic market advantage.
Chiron wrote:Also if you still believe that a Muslim country is or can be a democracy....
I'm raising my hand that I don't.
Chiron wrote:My opinion is that what the Marine did should be at least reason for a field grade article 15 if not worst.
At a minimum. I also think that if his squad knew what he was doing and did nothing to put an end to it, they are at fault as well. I have serious doubts anyone in his CoC knew of his activities. An Article 15 should also be the MINIMUM punishment for doing the exact same thing in a barracks -- in the US. Pushing one's religion should not be authorized, no matter who the audience is. I do also agree that this particular venue and audience are such that the punishment should be severe.
Chiron wrote:Can this action stigmatize the Marine Corps into using religion as a weapon? Or even worst can the Marine Corps be called “Christian missionariesâ€
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:You know....Im always amazed at outrage like this. So what he handed out coins? BFD. And so what the locals get outraged. Another BFD. And Dearborn, Michigan....fuck that whole town. State for that matter. Hope Rich Rodriquez drives off a bridge because he got black fly's in his eyes.

That is all.
Are you sure? :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Scuba Wino wrote:He should have just handed the fucktard a grenade with the pin pulled and said, "here, run like hell".
Waste of a good grenade if you ask me.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “The News Dump”