Israel at 60

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Israel at 60

Post by Jim »

Israel at 60
by Nile Gardiner (more by this author)
Posted 05/08/2008 ET

Few countries in modern times could claim the title “warrior nationâ€
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Tenn-RGR wrote:Its a neat little article but it quickly turns into an Iran bashing piece of propaganda.
I like how he used the reader's interest in Israel to sucker you into reading yet another tirade against Iran.
Yep, and if you read about Iran and the steps they have taken since the Shaw's overthrow, that too becomes an Israeli bashing party, then a US bashing party, then a non-muslim country bashing party. Why cant people just get along and love each other? 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Tenn-RGR wrote:Its a neat little article but it quickly turns into an Iran bashing piece of propaganda.
I like how he used the reader's interest in Israel to sucker you into reading yet another tirade against Iran.
Iran is fucked up?

I think the American opinion of Iran was solidified during Cheech and Chongs "Next Movie".
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
Yep, and if you read about Iran and the steps they have taken since the Shaw's overthrow, that too becomes an Israeli bashing party, then a US bashing party, then a non-muslim country bashing party. Why cant people just get along and love each other? 8)
Because SINGLE DOGMA RELIGIONS will not allow for this. When you preach from one book there is no room for tolerance of the other books.

I think in the end Israel will prove yet again that it is a warrior nation if it is to survive.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
EvilCouch
Ranger

Re: ,

Post by EvilCouch »

Chiron wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote:
Because SINGLE DOGMA RELIGIONS will not allow for this. When you preach from one book there is no room for tolerance of the other books.

I think in the end Israel will prove yet again that it is a warrior nation if it is to survive.
I'd like to see Israel pull off another 6-Day War. Those along Israel's borders could stand to get reminded that they're not in the same league.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

EvilCouch wrote:
Chiron wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote:Yep, and if you read about Iran and the steps they have taken since the Shaw's overthrow, that too becomes an Israeli bashing party, then a US bashing party, then a non-muslim country bashing party. Why cant people just get along and love each other? 8)

I'd like to see Israel pull off another 6-Day War. Those along Israel's borders could stand to get reminded that they're not in the same league.
I was in Jerusalem during the 6 day war at the age of 7. The Arabs didn’t stand a chance then.

One thing is for sure and that Israel's enemies are stronger now and it's not worth the fight. I also understand that negotiations are under way to give back territory that was taken in the 6 day war as a token of peace and good will.

To be honest if the Arabs aren’t satisfied soon they have the power to over run Israel. But Israel has a NUKE for every Arab capital. So it becomes like the dog chasing its tail.

The issue of "divide a conquer" that Europe and the West are participating in with all the sub states in the Balkans and former CIS may bring to power more Israeli enemies. So some issues must be cleared quickly in my opinion.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Chiron wrote:
EvilCouch wrote:
Chiron wrote:Because SINGLE DOGMA RELIGIONS will not allow for this. When you preach from one book there is no room for tolerance of the other books.

I was in Jerusalem during the 6 day war at the age of 7. The Arabs didn’t stand a chance then.

One thing is for sure and that Israel's enemies are stronger now and it's not worth the fight. I also understand that negotiations are under way to give back territory that was taken in the 6 day war as a token of peace and good will.

To be honest if the Arabs aren’t satisfied soon they have the power to over run Israel. But Israel has a NUKE for every Arab capital. So it becomes like the dog chasing its tail.

The issue of "divide a conquer" that Europe and the West are participating in with all the sub states in the Balkans and former CIS may bring to power more Israeli enemies. So some issues must be cleared quickly in my opinion.
The Bible has an interesting study of Israels history, and I believe, shows the Israeli's prevailing over their enemies in the end times....
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

RTO wrote:
Chiron wrote:
EvilCouch wrote:I'd like to see Israel pull off another 6-Day War. Those along Israel's borders could stand to get reminded that they're not in the same league.

The Bible has an interesting study of Israels history, and I believe, shows the Israeli's prevailing over their enemies in the end times....
One must understand that each of the single dogma books be it the Bible (old/new testiment), Korhan or Tora all send the other to hell for not believing.

Which you chose to believe is up to you but according to these books we all are sent to hell anyway....

Remember that we have created states in the Balkans and CIS that are more fanatic than Iran and it's a matter of time before they impact our daily life because they belive in one book that sends us to hell.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton
Stew86
Tadpole

Post by Stew86 »

Israel is in the process of trying to be admitted to both the EU and NATO. If and when they do this, they'll pretty much be untouchable because it won't just be the US supporting them anymore. I would say Israel is more of a warrior nation than we are because everyone has to serve in the military, at least unless they aren't training to be a Rabbi or living in a Kibbutz (I think). Last year there was a proposal to implement women into every aspect of their military including front-line Infantry and Special Forces, though I'm not sure how that turned out. I wonder how different Americans' views would be if everyone were required to serve?
BAC Class 38-06

"He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him."
-John 7:18
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

BBC has an outstanding article that also goes into the history and why's of the events.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7385661.stm
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams

Return to “The News Dump”