Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

racer88
Embryo

Introduction

Post by racer88 »

Hi the name is Austen. 17 years old graduating from Alameda High friday the 13th of june. Still tangled in the pre-enlistment process trying to filter truth out of my recruiter and become an army ranger one way or another. I am on this forum to learn as much as possible about the ranger life. Also I am looking for someone to talk to about my situation as my recruiters anwser to my questions are always "Dont worry we'll take care of you"
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site. Remember to not sign anything unless it has the option 40 in it. Be sure to read the ROE pm I'm sending you.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
racer88
Embryo

Post by racer88 »

Thank you
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

rgrking wrote:Welcome to the site. Remember to not sign anything unless it has the option 40 in it. Be sure to read the ROE pm I'm sending you.
racer88

You better go back and re-read the ROE PM Ranger rgrking was so nice to send you. You have ten posts now and not once have you taken the time to properly address all Rangers & that includes capitalizing the "R" in Ranger each time you write it.

I also advise you to take a rest and cease indiscriminate posting for 48 hours - to get answers it is imperative for you to conduct your own searches on this site as many similar question (like yours) have already been answered. Should you ignore me (on all I have advised - you) I will take away your ability to post. So do yourself a favor and STFU.

Signed,
The Management of ArmyRanger.com.

PS: Infractions;
Posted in Introductions - DEPs and Other Civilians
viewtopic.php?t=41319
racer88 wrote:Thank you
Should be:
racer88 wrote:Thank you Ranger rgrking
Another,
Recruitment Process
viewtopic.php?p=516561&highlight=#516561
racer88 wrote:Which forum might that be? So I dont run into a second reply similar to this one... General Discussion?
Should be:
racer88 wrote:Ranger JLTW!!!, Which forum might that be? So I dont run into a second reply similar to this one... General Discussion?
Another (disrespectfull too :evil: )
Special Operations Training
viewtopic.php?p=516599&highlight=#516599
racer88 wrote:you shouldnt let people piss you off so easily its not healthy... what am I doing that upsets you? Im not being repetative and my concerns apply to this thread... but if you have a problem with something I say or do, try PMing me or including more information than "your really pissing me off" and maybe ill change my post. and if this pisses you off then simply dont reply cause then I just cant help you.
(Admin Note: Blantant disrespect - Listen junior, you are the guest on here to be short-lived as you are heading to a ban from this site. This is a Ranger site for us Rangers. If you don't like the way we run this site you can leave or STFU :evil: )

Should be:
racer88 wrote:Ranger Kilted Heathen, you shouldnt let people piss you off so easily its not healthy... what am I doing that upsets you? Im not being repetative and my concerns apply to this thread... but if you have a problem with something I say or do, try PMing me or including more information than "your really pissing me off" and maybe ill change my post. and if this pisses you off then simply dont reply cause then I just cant help you.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
racer88
Embryo

Post by racer88 »

Thank you Ranger STEADFAST, wont happen again.
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Austen,

DO NOT post again until you have read my inbound PM (and reread Ranger Steadfast's post, notice his recommendation about posting in the next 48 hours...). Also, welcome to the site.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Austin, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Frankly, you have not been successful. I've been reviewing your posts and want to take a moment to call you aside and explain a few things.
1. This is a forum that was initially reserved for validated Rangers of all eras. Some time ago we took the initiative to assist young men, like yourself in earning a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment. We noted that quite a large number were enlisting without first learning what might await them as they entered the Army training system. Young men were failing simply because they did not understand what is expected of them.
2. There are standards that have been established and we pride ourselves on enforcing those standards. Please take a look at the Ranger creed button; we all strive to live by that creed, no matter what our station in life. When First Ranger battalion was organized, the Army Chief of Staff directed that criminals, thugs and brigands would not be accepted or tolerated. Nor are they today.
3. If you wish to take advantage of the opportunities you are offered at this site, you are certainly welcome -- but I caution that you are our guest and we will not tolerate any abuse of our hospitality.
4. All the questions you have raised have been answered at least once. You have had the search feature on the site explained to you. I expect you to use it. The search feature is your friend. I reserve judgement.
5. I point with pride to the number of fine young Rangers who have passed through this site; many of them continue to serve throughout the Army -- both in and out of the Ranger Regiment.

For your first task, I would like you to explain in about 250 of your own words (don't just cut and paste), why you think you want to be a Ranger. Please complete this task on this thread, not later than midnight, Thursday, 9 May 2008. Never, never quit.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
racer88
Embryo

Post by racer88 »

Thank you Ranger Jim for the second chance, I really appreciate it. I Dream of becoming a Ranger for the challenge and obstacles put forth in order to become a Ranger. I want to eventually become an officer and I feel like if I am going to be leading a team of soldiers that I need to experience some of the tasks and objectives I would be asking of them. After the military I plan on opening my own investing firm where I will be overseeing many employees and becoming a Ranger would give me that extra leap of experience in leadership and dedication. I am also a very fast mover, everything I am involved in I progress through as fast as I possibly can, and I am constantly striving for more challenges. If I wanted to be just any other 11x I would just have to sign a contract I mean yeah I understand basic will not be a walk in the park but still, I have a feeling if I just did that I would get out of basic and ask myself now what? Whereas I would have constant obstacles and challenges If I were to secure opt 40. I watch top army ranger and all the other programs on ranger missions and trainning with a grin ear to ear thinking there is no other place for me and that I will do whatever it takes however long it takes to get there. I am sorry to cut it short but I am in class, but I will check in later if you are unclear on something Ive said or want to know more I am an open book. Thank you again Ranger Jim for the second chance and also to all the other Rangers who helped me out! and I am sorry for being an ass earlier Ive read over my posts and replys several times along with researching my initial questions and I have a better undestanding of the respect my posts were lacking, Im sorry and you dont have to worry about that from me again. -Austen
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

racer88 wrote:Thank you Ranger Jim for the second chance, I really appreciate it. I Dream of becoming a Ranger for the challenge and obstacles put forth in order to become a Ranger. I want to eventually become an officer and I feel like if I am going to be leading a team of soldiers that I need to experience some of the tasks and objectives I would be asking of them. After the military I plan on opening my own investing firm where I will be overseeing many employees and becoming a Ranger would give me that extra leap of experience in leadership and dedication. I am also a very fast mover, everything I am involved in I progress through as fast as I possibly can, and I am constantly striving for more challenges. If I wanted to be just any other 11x I would just have to sign a contract I mean yeah I understand basic will not be a walk in the park but still, I have a feeling if I just did that I would get out of basic and ask myself now what? Whereas I would have constant obstacles and challenges If I were to secure opt 40. I watch top army ranger and all the other programs on ranger missions and trainning with a grin ear to ear thinking there is no other place for me and that I will do whatever it takes however long it takes to get there. I am sorry to cut it short but I am in class, but I will check in later if you are unclear on something Ive said or want to know more I am an open book. Thank you again Ranger Jim for the second chance and also to all the other Rangers who helped me out! and I am sorry for being an ass earlier Ive read over my posts and replys several times along with researching my initial questions and I have a better undestanding of the respect my posts were lacking, Im sorry and you dont have to worry about that from me again. -Austen
so whats your PT score ?

Do you know what pain is ?

You really have no idea what ahead of you .....so be careful what you ask for.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
racer88
Embryo

Post by racer88 »

Ranger RGRPUNK, I havent ptd myself yet, I used to race motocross... I know pain. and as far as being fit, I am trainning for a triathalon in july.
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

racer88,

PM inbound.

-DRM
racer88
Embryo

Post by racer88 »

I appologize, Ranger rgrpuck******* I am unable to edit it for some reason...

Return to “Introduction Archive”