"Interesting" chatlog I would like to share...

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

this is bullshit, don’t argue with fucking slugs over the internet, if the guy is an MP he has at least earned the right to an opinion, all you DEPS go do your time in the Army and form your own opinion, the Army is what you make it of it, but I guarantee that life in the Rangers is way the fuck better than some guy standing at a checkpoint for 8 hrs a day.
That's about what I have to say. It doesn't matter what job you're in... They all have their level of suck. If you're pushing paper, sucking shit.. or rucking 20 miles... It can be great and fun just as quickly as it can suck and blow.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
ChemLightBattery
Tadpole

Post by ChemLightBattery »

Mule wrote:Arguing with some over the internet is retarded(I think there is a picture out there that explains it). The guy didn't enjoy his time in the military, that's his loss. I do think ChemLightBattery should have showed some more respect to him though, it was pretty immature. Just my two cents.
this guy gets zero respect from me. he IM'd a dep (who's screen name he got off of this site), then proceeded to try to make him rethink the commitment he has made by whinning about his deployment to iraq, and about his chain of command. double edge did the right thing by backing off, i may have done the wrong thing, but i wouldnt change what i said or apologize.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

pacman81, it is customary for posters of this site to post an introduction. Let me thank you for your service to our country. It is appreciated. Please post an intro here before posting again: http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=26

Note to DEB and CLB: If you are able to post at other sites be man enuf to complete your baby ass responses there also. Don't come cryin with your dislike of others, be mano and complete your convo. If you ever talked like that to me CLB, I'd vote to have your ass flushed. FREEDOM is a word earned by veterans to say and do whatever they want. Who are you to sit and judge.

Note to pacman: Intro please http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=26
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Lotus Lips

Post by Lotus Lips »

seems to me that this was just some pointless argument over differences of opinion. pointless = deps/newts from our side need to just drop it already. Arguing with a veteran/active duty is way above our heads, whether you agree with them or not...your not in, they are. That makes their opinion a few rungs higher than ours. Be the better men and DROP it.
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

Disinfertention wrote:
this is bullshit, don’t argue with fucking slugs over the internet, if the guy is an MP he has at least earned the right to an opinion, all you DEPS go do your time in the Army and form your own opinion, the Army is what you make it of it, but I guarantee that life in the Rangers is way the fuck better than some guy standing at a checkpoint for 8 hrs a day.
That's about what I have to say. It doesn't matter what job you're in... They all have their level of suck. If you're pushing paper, sucking shit.. or rucking 20 miles... It can be great and fun just as quickly as it can suck and blow.
So true, no matter what you do in the military and even especially in Ranger Bat, you're gonna find a level of suck. Paper pushers sipping cola in a comfy chair filing 500,000 pages of orders are wishing they could jump out of an airplane and the guy jumping out of the airplane with 160lbs pulling on his spine is wishing to be at home sitting in his comfy chair. Suck is suck and if you haven't experience suck yet, dont lash out on those who have.

We're all on the same team and rely on each other... Thankfully Ranger Bat is almost entirely self reliant =).
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
Double Edged Blade
Tadpole

Post by Double Edged Blade »

---
Last edited by Double Edged Blade on April 20th, 2005, 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Horned Toad wrote:Another thing, don’t you fucking deps go posting links all over the internet to fucking slugs about bullshit school kid crap. A lot of effort went into this site to make it professions and to help the deps out. If you want to pass on info to like minded young people that’s one thing, but posting a link in a pissing contest like it will instantly make you a hero is so fucking stupid
Good posts Ranger Horned Toad........

But the asshole in me also has to say that I've disliked the majority of MP's that I have met! Except Angry Pistols of course! :wink:
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

BadMuther wrote:But the asshole in me also has to say that I've disliked the majority of MP's that I have met! Except Angry Pistols of course! :wink:
Ranger BadMuther,

I am honored by your words! :wink:

Thanks,
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

AngryPistols wrote:
BadMuther wrote:But the asshole in me also has to say that I've disliked the majority of MP's that I have met! Except Angry Pistols of course! :wink:
Ranger BadMuther,

I am honored by your words! :wink:

Thanks,
No prob! :wink:
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Horned Toad wrote:Another thing, don’t you fucking deps go posting links all over the internet to fucking slugs about bullshit school kid crap.
Read and heed. This site does NOT need to become a link in any of your AOL chatroom and Airsoft site arguments.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
pacman81
Embryo

Post by pacman81 »

ChemLightBattery wrote:
he IM'd a dep (who's screen name he got off of this site)
No, i got it from a videogame website. I've never been to this website until you gave me the link.
and here is my intro if any of you care to see it.http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4035

but I'm done with this conversation if you all are, double blade and I have reconsiled our differences.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Mule wrote:Arguing with some over the internet is retarded(I think there is a picture out there that explains it). The guy didn't enjoy his time in the military, that's his loss. I do think ChemLightBattery should have showed some more respect to him though, it was pretty immature. Just my two cents.
YOU don't get two cents here Mule. CLB, if he is prior service though, as at least a quarter in his pocket, so STFU!
Antrim
US Army Veteran

Post by Antrim »

ChemLightBattery wrote:
this guy gets zero respect from me. he IM'd a dep (who's screen name he got off of this site), then proceeded to try to make him rethink the commitment he has made by whinning about his deployment to iraq, and about his chain of command. double edge did the right thing by backing off, i may have done the wrong thing, but i wouldnt change what i said or apologize.

First off, I don't know where the fuck a DEP gets off disrespecting ANYONE who's currently in the service. First and foremost, you don't drag this shit onto this site. I met a lot of people in my time in the service who were there for 2, 3 or 4 years and some of them were only there for the college money. It's a path people take, and a risk they also take because they could get sent to combat and killed during that time. Not everyone joins the service strictly because they're die hard patriots, a lot of people are hurting financially. They suck it up and do what they have to do to make ends meet, feed a family, make sure a dependent has medical care, whatever. Not everyone ends up liking the service once they get there. While that may not make sense to some of you, and it might not be the reason that you chose to enlist, that doesn't mean others can't do it. Bottom line, DEP's have no fucking right to drag ANY current or prior service member through the mud on here. I don't give a shit if a former service member murdered half his platoon, you shut the fuck up and worry about getting through OSUT, Jump School, and whatever else your cherry ass signs up for. It's not your place to worry about someone who's already there. Fuck that. If you have a problem with someone on an Instant Messenger program, you fucking put them on Ignore and drive on with your mission. You've got your own future to think about, don't worry about someone else's views or opinions. If you're weak enough to let the viewpoints of a disgruntled service member get the best of you, then you don't deserve to wear a uniform.

That said, I also feel it's not right to try to talk someone out of joining based on the fact that someone might not like the service. I don't give a shit about these chat logs. I spent time in Leg units in Germany and on Fort Hood after a medical DQ in RIP my second time around. I can tell you that Leg Land is night and day different than Regiment life, and I only tasted a very small portion of regiment life in RIP. But the small dose that I got, I still to this day cherish. I'll come right out and say for a fact that I didn't enjoy my time in leg land nearly as much as the time I spent in RIP. It fucking sucked in comparisom. So heed this all you DEP wannabe fucks, you worry about getting your ass through your training, or you may end up in a leg unit wishing your sorry wannabe ass had never joined. Take it from someone who didn't make it. I stuck it out and did my time. But I'd never ever consider joining the service again if I couldn't be in a Spec Ops unit of some sort.

A lot of people are happy with day to day life in Leg Land. There are actually a lot of damn fine soldiers out there. There are some shitbags too, but for the most part, they're a decent lot.

Bottom line, shut the fuck up and worry about getting your ass through your training. I'm pretty sure 100% of the Rangers on here could give a shit about some faggot assed chat logs that you chose to post. I am also willing to bet that 100% of them expect you to do exactly what I've recommened. Ignore anyone who tries to talk you out of what you want to do with your military career. The second you stop and let something this fucking piddly even phase you in the least, is the second you might fuck up and do something equally as stupid once you get in.

Take it from someone who's been there. You keep your fucking nose to the grinding wheel, and worry about your personal goals and your personal mission. Don't make the mistakes someone like myself made. Prepare yourself now for your future by making yourself mentally tough. Drop this Internet bullshit panty waste crap and worry about what's ahead for you.

Now drive the fuck on.
D co 4/12 INF - 1st AD ('90-'92)
A co 1/9 CAV - 1st CD ('92-'94)

Post by eltrane »

AngryPistols wrote:

I second that quote, Ranger BadMuther.
RIP SSG Greg Gourley KIA Hawija 22 Feb 06

11b pig gunner 2/2 inf 84-86, TL 2/87 inf, 5/8 inf, 86-88

Return to “The Mosh Pit”