Thank you Rangers.

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
deathtaco
Tadpole

Thank you Rangers.

Post by deathtaco »

Hello Rangers,

Just under a year and a half ago, I enrolled into the Army ROTC program at my University, determined to become an officer, and even more so a Ranger.

However, my PT score was low...38 pushups, 48 sit-ups and a 14:48min. run time...a 181 score, disgusting. I went through the semester with a sub 220 score, and finally summer arrived.

This is when I found ArmyRanger.com, and immediately I went to the PT section to find out what I could do better. Well, I did the APFT improvement, run improvement and abs workout for 3 months, the entire summer. The next semester (last) I got up to a 250, and pushed myself to get on the Ranger Challenge team. Once that happened, I continued the ArmyRanger.com workout as well as the Ranger Challenge workout, finishing the semester at a 280!

The ArmyRanger.com workout got me to where I needed to be so I tried out the Stew Smith Ranger/SF Preparation workout, and today for our Record APFT, scored a 355 after around 5 weeks.

PU: 114
SU: 84
Run: 12:22

I want to thank you Rangers for supplying me not only with the right tools to get in better shape, but for maintaining such high standards which motivates me everyday to be the best I can. Without ArmyRanger.com and the history of the Rangers, I don't believe I ever would be where I am today.

Once again, I thank you and know the Rangers will ALWAYS lead the way.
-Ted

*PS: For anyone wondering if the program on this site will get you in shape, it does. With it you will be able to try out harder workouts and push yourself even further. PM me if you would like the Stew Smith workout as well.
"To lead, you must first learn to follow."
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Congrats. That's quite a turnaround, mentally and physically.

If your grades are to the same standard, you should be wearing the crossed rifles soon enough.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Nice progress on the PT.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
RRDTm3
Ranger

Re: Thank you Rangers.

Post by RRDTm3 »

deathtaco wrote: and today for our Record APFT, scored a 355 after around 5 weeks.

sounds like someone needs to piss in the cup :lol:
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Thank you Rangers.

Post by Silverback »

RRDTm3 wrote:
deathtaco wrote: and today for our Record APFT, scored a 355 after around 5 weeks.

sounds like someone needs to piss in the cup :lol:
You thirsty?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “About Army Physical Training”