Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Antrim
US Army Veteran

Post by Antrim »

Horned Toad wrote:well shit my Ranger buddy was another FO and we did both day and night land navs at a run and got all the points, we were first ones back on the night portion
Ranger Horned Toad, did they let you guys use lights of any sort? I know the class before us used the mini mag lights with red inserts in them, we could see them wandering around in the dark with them. They took our flashlights before we went out that night. I should have had a spare on me, none of us did. We were but niave new privates.
D co 4/12 INF - 1st AD ('90-'92)
A co 1/9 CAV - 1st CD ('92-'94)

Post by Horned Toad »

hmm dont remember any lights
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Antrim wrote:
BadMuther wrote:I didn't get a Pm from ya......

Here's the two names in question Ranger BadMother.

Both went to 2/75 One of them was from Portland if I remember right.

The other three on the list, myself included, were revoked. I'm not sure where they went or what happened to them. I think they were from the class ahead of me but it's been so long, I can't remember. Doesn't seem like they'd wait that long to revoke though so probably not. They got shit done pretty quickly around there.
I know both those guys.... Houston was in my LRSC unit and Allison (I believe it's the same guy) was in my platoon......I have pics of both of them, once I find a new free image hosting site I'll post them.........
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

SFC Kelley.....was 1SG Kelley when I knew him. At 4th RTB, then at 2/29 or 2/11, I can't remember off the top of my head. One of the craziest MOFO's I ever met; I think he was bi-polar. :lol:

Welcome Antrim. 8)
Antrim
US Army Veteran

Post by Antrim »

BadMuther wrote:
Antrim wrote:
BadMuther wrote:I didn't get a Pm from ya......

Here's the two names in question Ranger BadMother.

Both went to 2/75 One of them was from Portland if I remember right.

The other three on the list, myself included, were revoked. I'm not sure where they went or what happened to them. I think they were from the class ahead of me but it's been so long, I can't remember. Doesn't seem like they'd wait that long to revoke though so probably not. They got shit done pretty quickly around there.
I know both those guys....Johnnywas in my LRSC unit and Allison (I believe it's the same guy) was in my platoon......I have pics of both of them, once I find a new free image hosting site I'll post them.........
I just happen to know of one for ya Ranger BadMutha. www.imageshack.us ;)

Post by BadMuther »

Cool...I'll try it out tmrw...
Antrim
US Army Veteran

Post by Antrim »

Saltbitch wrote:SFC Kelley.....was 1SG Kelley when I knew him. At 4th RTB, then at 2/29 or 2/11, I can't remember off the top of my head. One of the craziest MOFO's I ever met; I think he was bi-polar. :lol:

Welcome Antrim. 8)
That's probably him Ranger Saltbitch. He was definitely one insane individule, and now that you put the bi-polar in there, I'd have to agree. He wore the old horned rimmed glasses when I knew him. He was always really decent to me aside from the string pulling incident. Boy you sure didn't want him pissed off at you though. Wow.

I remember when we were OPFOR for the class before us. One of the rippies asked him if he had something that they could borrow. He mockingly reached under his ass and felt around, then said "Nope, it's not in my ass either, get the fuck out of here Dick!". The guy cracked me up. Even when he was livid, he'd say the funniest shit in a fit of rage.

Post by Saltbitch »

DEFINATELY the same guy.... :lol: The glasses and razor-sharp humor are dead give aways.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the board Antrim.

RLTW
Bell
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Wilkomen...
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Welcome Soldier! Thanks for your service.
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
rangercamaro
Ranger

Post by rangercamaro »

Are you guys sure Houston went to 2nd. We had a guy come to 1st about that time same name. He went to C co. I was HHC/BN armorer at the time so all medics and commo came through us first. Then Doc Donovan tested and trained em up and sen them to companies.

I have the computer file (names, serial numbers off wpns etc) on disc somewhere around here..... let me find it and verify Houson.
Bco 1/75 2nd plt Wpn Sqd 89-93
HHC 1/75 Bn Armorer 93-94 (after cookoff)
Antrim
US Army Veteran

Post by Antrim »

rangercamaro wrote:Are you guys sure Houston went to 2nd. We had a guy come to 1st about that time same name. He went to C co. I was HHC/BN armorer at the time so all medics and commo came through us first. Then Doc Donovan tested and trained em up and sen them to companies.

I have the computer file (names, serial numbers off wpns etc) on disc somewhere around here..... let me find it and verify Houson.
Ranger Camero, I can scan the orders if needed, I have both assigning us to RIP, and assigning us to 2/75. I posted the names here but have removed them per Ranger Spartan's request.
Last edited by Antrim on June 1st, 2004, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Introduction

Post by Parabellum »

The last big test of the first week was the 12 mile road march. It was 12 miles back then, but I guess it's 10 now according to what I'm reading.

When I went through RIP it was a 10 miler but you also did a 6 miler and 2, 8 milers. They now do the 12 mile road march agian. With only 1 other that is a 8 miler.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Antrim
US Army Veteran

Re: Introduction

Post by Antrim »

h8train1/75 wrote:The last big test of the first week was the 12 mile road march. It was 12 miles back then, but I guess it's 10 now according to what I'm reading.

When I went through RIP it was a 10 miler but you also did a 6 miler and 2, 8 milers. They now do the 12 mile road march agian. With only 1 other that is a 8 miler.
Ahh, thanks Ranger h8train. We did two others as well, I think a 6 and an 8 but the only one I really remember was the 12. They just weren't as strict on those as they were the 12 miler.

Do they still Koalafy Rippies? Do you make them partake in pot liquor? I remember volunteering for that, and wishing I hadn't!

Return to “Introduction Archive”