Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

TC204 wrote:I want to Meet The Spartans, wooohooo :P
Damn, I used to have a thing for CE... but, I'll be damned... she's getting a bit flabby around the knees. :(
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Going to see 'the Bucket List' tonight with two of my favorite actors in it, Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.
Had a few friends reccommend this to me as a 'must see'. We'll see.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

"Gone Baby Gone", thought this was a great story. I've drank in most of those bars.

Everyone talks just like me and even swears as much as I do! Felt right at home watching this one. 8)

"Death Sentence" with Kevin Bacon, I really enjoyed this one too, if you got kids, you can relate to his fuckin' rage and vengeance.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

RTO wrote:Going to see 'the Bucket List' tonight with two of my favorite actors in it, Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.
Had a few friends reccommend this to me as a 'must see'. We'll see.
One of the best movies I have seen in a loooooong time. Deals with a Multi-Millionare (Nicholson) and a Mechanic (Freeman) who meet in a hospital room and both diagnosed with terminal cancer and given 6 months to live. The 'bucket' list refers to a list of things they decide to see/do/experience before they 'kick the bucket'. With Nicholson as the millionaire..... well, you have to see it to believe it what they do... :lol: 8)

5 Star performance IMO by both lead characters. I enjoyed the heck out of it, but they do get sort of graffic with some of the cancer scenes. Nicholson also has a potty mouth if you were thinking of bringing the kids, so you must be able to deal with that as well.
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Flesh Thorn wrote:
ANGRYCivilian wrote: Seraphim Falls was good also.

The last 15 minutes kind of sucked. The bitch in the wagon in the middle of the desert was a little too much of "artistic expression" for me.
I liked that part. To me, she was the devil or something. I never saw her as being a real woman on a wagon in the middle of nowhere. She just sort of appeared, and seemed to have just-not-quite what each of them needed.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

cams wrote: "Death Sentence" with Kevin Bacon, I really enjoyed this one too, if you got kids, you can relate to his fuckin' rage and vengeance.
Death Sentence was great. I liked how he was just a normal guy, when pushed too far, became a bad motherfucker.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

Went to see "Untraceable" last night. Great flick. Some of the scenes were reminiscent of the "Saw" series, but other than that, nice plot and action scenes.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Rambo:

For the most part I liked it, but I'm not the toughest movie critic. I'm undecided if I detected an ever so slight anti-Solder undertone. I could be wrong, it could just be about that particular character.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

The Invasion:

Watched it on PPV last night. I thought it was pretty good. I like alien movies and space shit. Which reminds me...

Sunshine:

I absolutely hate that fucking gay actor that ended up being the main character of this movie; he was also the killer in Red Eye, and the Scarecrow in Batman Begins. With that said, I liked the movie. It reminded me of the movie Core.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:The Invasion:

Watched it on PPV last night. I thought it was pretty good. I like alien movies and space shit. Which reminds me...
Watched it last night. I have viewed just about all the versions of Invasion of the Body Snatchers and this is the first with a positive ending. Nicole Kidman is always a pleasure to watch , especially when she strips down into her underwear as she does in this flick .
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

I'm looking forward to seeing this one (opens this friday):

Vantage Point!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Street Kings was great.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Bugsy wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing this one (opens this friday):

Vantage Point!
Vantage Point was pretty cool I thought. Different whereas they keep going backwards to give you each persons take on the same event, but after the first couple times, you get used to it. Enjoyed it pretty well.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

"There Will Be Blood"

Kind of wish I didn't spend over 2 hrs watching this, really had no plot at all, no meaning, and no real ending for any of the characters.

Weird movie, if you're hell bent on seeing it, pay the 3.00 rental instead of 20.00 bucks at the theatre, even then, I'd rather have my 3.00 bucks back.

Siscal and Ebert give this movie: Two thumbs down.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

lonergr77
Ranger

Eastern Promises

Post by lonergr77 »

I recently watched "Eastern Promises", pretty good movie about the Russian mob in London. It has a really good twist towards the end. Of course I could deal without the naked fight in the bath house. Well it was a cool fight but he needed shorts.
lonergr77

3rd Plt, Cco, 2/75 - Nov '96 to Dec '99
RRD - Dec '99 to Dec '03
TSE Inc - Dec '03 to May '10
RRC Civilian - May '10 -
RC - 3-98

Return to “The Mosh Pit”