AK-47 choices.

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
RLTW375
Ranger

Shotty

Post by RLTW375 »

Sorry if this is off topic, but consider a Wide variety of different rounds and a whole bunch of Death, With This:

SAIGA 12.............. 8)
RLTW
C co 3/75 2nd Plt 9MAR01-15AUG04
Class 11-02

Me Want OBR
VengefulIcebox
Tadpole

Post by VengefulIcebox »

william mccormack wrote:
VengefulIcebox wrote:Ranger William McCormack,

Jim Fuller builds AK's off of reciever kits. I have seen several of his completed rifles on another forum. Here's a link to his site.

http://www.rifledynamics.com/index.html

After reading several (more than 6) posts regarding his work after receipt and firing, the buyers all seem very happy.
===========

I've heard as indicated in this thread Century can be spotty. I don't recall how there customer service was.
===========

Arsenal Inc. seems to have a good reputation as a factory built supplier.

http://www.arsenalinc.com/
===========

Not as good as hands on experience for a ringing recommendation. Hopefully some information in the links provided will be of help.
Good luck, and enjoy.

So what about Sierra Arms? Heard anything about 'em?
Ranger William McCormack,
After searching a few places I only came up with one post regarding a purchase and test. I have copy/pasted the post below. Credit goes to 45cal at Getoffthex forum for the review and ownership.
45cal wrote: Picked up my new Sierra Arms Ak-47 with black Kvar Furniture last Wednesday. I switched out the Kvar stock for a *edit* Romanian *edit* wire folder, I picked up from One Source Tactical. The build is on a Nodak Spud NDS-3 receiver and is backed up by Sierra Arms lifetime warranty. Field stripped it and Front sight and gas block seemed pretty much in line.

Was able to finally get to the range with it today to see how it runs. It was pretty close to Zero right out of the box. Had to adjust elevation slightly but windage was pretty much dead on. I sighted it in according to how Gabe describes in the KRG DVD.

After I sighted it, I put about 300 rounds through it. Ran it very hot. Put 4 mags through it as fast as I could pull the trigger. The gun was smoking but it never failed. I was shooting Wolf 122 gr Black Box.

So far I am very impressed with this gun. It has a parkerized finish with seems pretty durable for a parkerized finish. I may get it Black-T’ed as I live very close to Walter Birdsong, (6-8 miles).

So far Sierra Arms has been fantastic to deal with. I purchased it directly from them. When I was trying to take the stock off, the screws were in tight, and I contacted them to see if they were locktighted in, got a quick response. Was able to get the screws out pretty easy. So far every time I have asked a question, their response time is quick.

For the price, I would say its an excellent gun. Sierra Arms so far has been a great company to deal with.
Here's a link to the post from March 31st 2008. You have to register at getoffthex to view I'm sure. Post has pics though.

http://getoffthex.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 3541045224

Just looking at their site, I leave with a good impression.
Reading their limited lifetime warranty didn't tell me a whole lot.
45cal's own experience of quick (and I'm assuming american, since he didn't describe the need to press 1 for engwish) customer service response was more helpful in characterising that service.

Looking for an AK myself, I am actually thanking you Ranger, for bringing Sierra to my attention. The prices seem pretty fair for factory AK's. Moreso than Arsenal.

Hope 45cal's info helps.
Good luck.
War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.
-William Tecumseh Sherman
Parabellum
Ranger

Re: AK-47 choices.

Post by Parabellum »

william mccormack wrote:I'm looking to pick up a couple AK underfolders before the next administration takes over(McCain's no fan of non-sporting firearms). I've looked over all the choices it seems and they all claim they're the best but it also seems there's never a loss of persons who will discredit each and every one of them. Sierra Arms Int. looks promising among a couple others. I want quality Bulgarian/Polish/Hung. components with a milled or beefy stamped receiver(NDS?)but I need some advice on who's building the best. Chinese ones are getting are getting expensive and milled ones obviously are on the pricey side but it appears a good tight AK w/a thick stamped receiver can be had for around $6-700. I'm told to be wary of certain Romanian arsenals. Most Yugo's I've seen are on Century receivers who I'm advised to avoid like the plague. Any TRUE AK experts out there?
I wouldn't waste my money on an AK.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Parabellum wrote: I wouldn't waste my money on an AK.
You HK owners just think your MP5's are better than everything else. :lol: :lol:
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Flesh Thorn wrote:
Parabellum wrote: I wouldn't waste my money on an AK.
You HK owners just think your MP5's are better than everything else. :lol: :lol:
That isn't true. I am more of a COLT fan myself. :wink:

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

william mccormack wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
Flesh Thorn wrote: You HK owners just think your MP5's are better than everything else. :lol: :lol:
That isn't true. I am more of a COLT fan myself. :wink:
Thats funny- I thought this post was about AK's?
That's funny-I don't think I was FUCKING TALKING TO YOU!

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
RLTW375
Ranger

Post by RLTW375 »

Did you ever check out that SAIGA? It looks like good shit. Especially that Shotgun..... 8)
RLTW
C co 3/75 2nd Plt 9MAR01-15AUG04
Class 11-02

Me Want OBR

Return to “Weapons of War”