Happy Easter!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Chiron
Ranger

Happy Easter!

Post by Chiron »

The reason we are Christian is that Christ was crucified and resurrected three days later. Had it not been for that event we Christians would have nothing. Everything else was written after that fact and as a result of that fact. Until then his life was insignificant in the sense that the miracles and things he did were amplified by Christ giving his life for us.

The fact that he gave his life for mankind and forgave mankind for the sins is the sole reason we have today to celebrate Christianity. A few miracles does not a king make.

Even though the Eastern Orthodox Easter is on the 27th of April I would like to wish all of you a Happy Easter!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Tirehouse
Ranger

Post by Tirehouse »

I find it funny how people today, if you ask them, will say Easter is about a fucking rabbit that shits out eggs and hides them and little kids have to go find them..................................

Happy REAL Easter!
TFR Somalia
Kosovo KFOR3A, Iraq 2003-4 OIF 1, 08-10
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Excellent post Ranger Chiron.

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

what would we have without Jesus? Spring Solstice and the May Pole maybe...

Kinda like Christmas would still be the Winter Solstice and the Yule log.

at least for us European desendants.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Tirehouse wrote:I find it funny how people today, if you ask them, will say Easter is about a fucking rabbit that shits out eggs and hides them and little kids have to go find them..................................

Happy REAL Easter!
Huh? No one's celebrated the real Easter in a long, long time, brother.

The real Easter is a celebration of the goddess Eostre, the practice of which fell apart over a thousand years ago, when the Anglo-Saxon tribes that worshiped her were assimilated during the Christianization of the Early Middle Ages, circa 8th century.

As far as anyone knows, the actual date of the Resurrection was lost and during the Christianization, they combined the two holidays.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Growing up I enjoyed Easter for all it symbolizes in Christianity and Pagan Means as an adult I look forward to the next day:

Dyngus Day

When : Always the Monday after Easter

Dyngus Day, also spelled Dingus Day, is a Polish Holiday. It is very popular in Poland, and in Polish communities in America. After the long Lenten holiday, Dyngus Day is a day of fun. And, perhaps a little romantic fun. It is always celebrated on the Monday after Easter.

There area all sort of ways for boys to meet girls. But, this one takes the cake.

Guys, on this day you get to wet the ladies down. Sprinkling or drenching with water is your goal. Chase after the ladies with squirt guns, buckets, or other containers of water. The more bold and gallant boys, may choose to use cologne. Hitting (gently, please) the ladies on the legs with switches or pussy willows is also common.

Yes ladies, you can strike back. Ladies , you get your revenge on Tuesday, when tradition has it that you throw dishes or crockery back at the boys. It has become increasingly popular for the ladies to get their revenge on Monday, tossing water back at the boys.

Note: Dyngus Day is also called Wet Easter Monday. Hmmmmm, I wonder why!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Origin of Dyngus Day:
When exploring the roots of Dyngus Day, Historians point to the baptism of Polish Prince Mieszko I in 966 A.D. Baptism with water signifies cleansing, fertility, and purification. Somewhere along the way, the tradition of tossing water on the girls and hitting them with pussy willows evolved.

Ok so I'm 100% polish and proud of it :D
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Ummmmmmm, and will you be wearing a very thin white T-shirt when I throw water on ya, Jenny Lynn !!!!!????? 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

I know where I'd be without the good ol' Jesus, choosing to ignore many gods instead of just one. Thanks, Jesus, for simplifying my life.

Jokes aside, Happy Easter. I look at all these holidays, not for what they used to represent, or for what they currently represent, but as time to spend with family and friends.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:I look at all these holidays, not for what they used to represent, or for what they currently represent, but as time to spend with family and friends.
That's the way to do it.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Re:

Post by Jenny Lynn »

bumping this thread, since it's that time of year when the wonderful Polish Holiday- Dyngus Day 2009 (Monday after Easter) is almost here :D
Have a safe one. Dziekuje & Na Zdrowie, Jenny

link to the largest Dyngus Day concentration of festival locations (Buffalo, NY)
http://www.dyngusdaybuffalo.com/
Jenny Lynn wrote:Growing up I enjoyed Easter for all it symbolizes in Christianity and Pagan Means as an adult I look forward to the next day:

Dyngus Day

When : Always the Monday after Easter

Dyngus Day, also spelled Dingus Day, is a Polish Holiday. It is very popular in Poland, and in Polish communities in America. After the long Lenten holiday, Dyngus Day is a day of fun. And, perhaps a little romantic fun. It is always celebrated on the Monday after Easter.

There area all sort of ways for boys to meet girls. But, this one takes the cake.

Guys, on this day you get to wet the ladies down. Sprinkling or drenching with water is your goal. Chase after the ladies with squirt guns, buckets, or other containers of water. The more bold and gallant boys, may choose to use cologne. Hitting (gently, please) the ladies on the legs with switches or pussy willows is also common.

Yes ladies, you can strike back. Ladies , you get your revenge on Tuesday, when tradition has it that you throw dishes or crockery back at the boys. It has become increasingly popular for the ladies to get their revenge on Monday, tossing water back at the boys.

Note: Dyngus Day is also called Wet Easter Monday. Hmmmmm, I wonder why!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Origin of Dyngus Day:
When exploring the roots of Dyngus Day, Historians point to the baptism of Polish Prince Mieszko I in 966 A.D. Baptism with water signifies cleansing, fertility, and purification. Somewhere along the way, the tradition of tossing water on the girls and hitting them with pussy willows evolved.

Ok so I'm 100% polish and proud of it :D
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Re: Happy Easter!

Post by rgrokelley »

Chiron wrote:The reason we are Christian is that Christ was crucified and resurrected three days later. Had it not been for that event we Christians would have nothing. Everything else was written after that fact and as a result of that fact. Until then his life was insignificant in the sense that the miracles and things he did were amplified by Christ giving his life for us.

The fact that he gave his life for mankind and forgave mankind for the sins is the sole reason we have today to celebrate Christianity. A few miracles does not a king make.

Even though the Eastern Orthodox Easter is on the 27th of April I would like to wish all of you a Happy Easter!
Cut that out! We are not a Christian nation! Obama tells me so.

We're an autonomous collective.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85

Return to “The Mosh Pit”