Washing before and after a mission

LRRP, LRP, RRD, LRSD, LRSU, etc...
Ando

Ref UKSF

Post by Ando »

My team's SOP before a patrol (training or otherwise, although im now the only member of my team NOT to have deployed...My timing for education sucks...) Was to go out on the piss three days before and get so wasted we couldnt walk...Two days before the ex we'd prep all of our patrol kit, weapons, personal equipment, anything specific to the task etc. On the day before we'd Dhobi (wash) all of our kit (including weapons and equipment) in the shower room to remove any excess dirt/odors with no soap, then head out for some heavy battle pt for the afternoon. That way, our kit smelled like mother nature intended! Basically, when on patrol we only ever washed every couple of days, and then it was only the usual pits, bollocks and arse job. No soap. I don't think we have access to Gucci non-smelling soap... :roll:
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

That's odd, I thought Gucci soap was standard issue for Brits.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Slowpoke wrote:That's odd, I thought Gucci soap was standard issue for Brits.
I think I saw that same program as you Slowpoke. I think it was on the Discovery, Avaition Channel, while talking about British birds (helo's) I saw the Gucci Commercial with the dancing RMC.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Reconnaissance”