OSUT is in the past now its time for the hard part

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

USA1
Ranger

OSUT is in the past now its time for the hard part

Post by USA1 »

Hey, just graduated from OSUT. We started with 220 and graduated with 177. So for all you DEPers, dont think that RIP is the only thing to worry about. It all starts at day one. OSUT was a lot different than I thought it would be so dont under estimate anything you havent gone through yet. I'm in airborne hold for a week and I start BAC on June 7th. For all you wannabes, we had around 10 to 15 guys get ranger contracts while at OSUT. Just keep in mind that to get this you better be a squared away soldier and have a pt score over 260. I also talked to a soldier in RIP hold over and the last RIP class started with 250 and graduated 130. It is not easy to become a ranger and most people turned down the ranger contracts when they were offered one. We had a Ranger come to our barracks and talk to everyone and you'd be surprised on how many soldiers were white faced with their jaw wide open. Be careful in your choice to try to be a ranger its not for everyone. We'll see how many make it out of our 25 guys who have the contract. All I have to say is we already lost 3 and have 2 that said they are quiting first day of RIP just in my platoon. Be prepared it will probably be a kick in the balls for 98% of you. Stay alert stay alive and suck it up and drive on.
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

Awesome to hear you're doing good and graduated OSUT. Never thought OSUT would be able to drop 30 or so people. I guess I was underestimating it. Good luck in BAC and RIP, Soldier USA1.

Malarkey
Last edited by Runner on May 30th, 2004, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
A co 3/75 '07-'10
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Malarkey87 wrote:Awesome to hear you're doing good and graduated OSUT. Never thought OSUT would be able to drop 30 or so people. I guess I was underestimating it. Good luck in BAC and RIP, soldier.

Malarkey
Malarkey, how can you make a statement like you have without ever going through OSUT. Keep your mouth shut when you don't know what you are talking about. Just listen to USA1 & STFU! OR I AM GONNA RIP YOU A NEW ASSHOLE IN THAT BRAIN OF YOUR'S * YOU WILL BE SHITTIN FROM YOUR EARS. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?
Malarkey's asinine statement wrote:Never thought OSUT would be able to drop 30 or so people. I guess I was underestimating it.
Drop and give me 500 PU's. Stop thinking out loud, just listen. Malarkey, you will report to PU's topic in MC and let me have your acknowledgement of your punishment assignment. State you are starting and again state when you are finished.

Congratz USA1. Keep driving on soldier.
Last edited by Steadfast on May 30th, 2004, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Malarkey87 wrote:Awesome to hear you're doing good and graduated OSUT. Never thought OSUT would be able to drop 30 or so people. I guess I was underestimating it. Good luck in BAC and RIP, soldier.

Malarkey
You will address him as Soldier USA1, you ignorant mama's boy.
Malarkey wrote:Hi, I'm a 16 year old Sophmore who will hopefully be a Ranger someday. I run cross country, PT daily and am basically just a normal highschooler. Anyway, I probably won't post too much (all the info is already here) I just come to these forums to read and learn.

Thanks,
Coxwell
Time to start taking your own advice.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Congratulations Soldier. You're in the Army now.

Remember everything we told ya. You were paying attention weren't you?

Drive on to the objective. Never ever quit. Can't isn't a word, it's an excuse. I'm looking forward to the day I can call you Ranger.

RLTW
Bell
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Good luck; the party's just starting. :twisted:
Bell

Post by Bell »

colt1911fan wrote:
Bell wrote:. Can't isn't a word, it's an excuse.
RLTW
Bell
Excellent quote Ranger Bell, I will have to remember that one. I need to ingrain it into my being.
Yes you do. Everyone headed for a Ranger Battalion should. What you really need to do is forget that word. That word doesn't exist in a Ranger's lexicon. That's one of the things all Rangers have in common. They don't understand "can't". You never had to worry about something getting done. They do it. Doesn't matter how far or how fast. It will get done. You could always rely on a Ranger. Quitters and guys that used that word can't were beat down and thrown out of the Battalion within hours. Rangers don't play. They take their job serious. Can't doesn't belong anywhere in the operation.

RLTW
Bell
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Drive on Price! We're all at airborne school now.... Week 1 starts monday 8)
It's Mind over Matter. If you don't Mind, it won't Matter.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Outstanding work, Soldier. You're not an outsider anymore....you're part of the "military machine." Best of luck to you in Jump School and RIP. Don't let the momentum slack off....stay focused on your objective.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Ranger Earthpig, I hear you on the momentum thing.... most of the guys here are getting sloshed out of their mind almost every night..... Sounds like a no go for staying in shape. A few of the marines there told me and a few of my RIP buds that we could PT with them at night as well. Should be fun. :twisted:

Thats another kind of goofy thing about airborne school. Almost all of the army students are either cadets or straight out of AIT. And there's about 20 NCO marines. So they straight run the show. It's pretty fun though cause there motivated as hell and have no problem laying the law to a slacker.... :lol:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Very good news IRS. Congratz on OSUT. Drive on, you ain't done yet. If you Pt with these Marines remember not to party with them after Jump school, you got bigger things to stay focused on. RIP, so stay out of trouble. Drive on!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

CONGRATS TO THE BOTH OF YOU!!! 8) Way to go IRS and USA1!!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

The Marine NCOs are probably with Force Recon, and had to EARN their slot in Airborne School. Don't let them smoke you in PT!

Congratulations to both of you....we're all proud of you....good luck.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Slowpoke wrote:The Marine NCOs are probably with Force Recon, and had to EARN their slot in Airborne School. Don't let them smoke you in PT!

Congratulations to both of you....we're all proud of you....good luck.
We'll see about that.... Almost all the ones I talked to got the airborne slot as a re-enlistment bonus. None are force recon that I know of.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”