The New Kevlar

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
ChemLightBattery
Tadpole

Post by ChemLightBattery »

i just read an article in the army times about some new equipment being fast tracked to troops heading to war. it stated that one of the main advantages was that with its smaller design you are able to lay in the prone without interference from interceptor body armor. one of my best freinds just returned from the desert (82nd) and came home on block leave last week, he swore by the new headgear. he also liked the air force boots they gave him, and "gangsta" grip for his m4.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

ChemLightBattery wrote:one of my best freinds just returned from the desert (82nd) and came home on block leave last week, he swore by the new headgear. he also liked the air force boots they gave him, and "gangsta" grip for his m4.
CLB,
Being a DEP you are the least likely candidate to provide useful insight on current Army equipment and it's advantages or disadvantages. I don't believe we are currently issuing anything called the "gansta grip". Last time I checked the Airforce had not begun manufacturing boots. So STFU and let people who actually know something answer these questions.

You sound like a stupid Private without even achieving that title yet!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
eltrane
Tadpole

Post by eltrane »

Ranger Gronk, thanks for that link to the natick site.

I read an article talking about how the MREs have been improved, it seems that chicken ala king was the first to go, what a pity. Not sure about the status of the pussy loaf, aka ham and chicken loaf (who thought that would be a good idea?) is, though. I do remember the color spectrum of the pussy loaf went from from light pink to sort of a jaundice-tan color. We had C's when I was first in, and I have to say the pound cake is something I could still eat.

I also read about the MICH helmets and their effectivitity, especially regarding the ballistic hardware used. Future soldiers could acquire the information they are looking for about these helmets by taking a look at this site. Seeing the new gear just makes me feel old, I went through basic with a steel pot and an M16 with a six-digit SN (pre 1975 I believe)!
RIP SSG Greg Gourley KIA Hawija 22 Feb 06

11b pig gunner 2/2 inf 84-86, TL 2/87 inf, 5/8 inf, 86-88
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

It ok...it's kinda like wearing a football helmet. It doesn't dig into your head like the old K-pot.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

Well sometimes it's called ACH and sometimes its MICH. depends who deals with it and how its used. I have both and almost always were my MICH over my PASGT. It's a hell of a lot more comfortable here in the desert. of course I prefer my B-cap and wear that most of the time

RLTW
B
C co 3/75 91-93 'The Rock'
OIF 04-05
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

Yeah this is a little late coming but this was my headgear of choice in Fallujah. I'm the short-ass in the middle :shock:
C co 3/75 91-93 'The Rock'
OIF 04-05
FireFox
Embryo

Post by FireFox »

Damn, looks comfy man, but I wonder if she'll stop shrapnel :P
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

FireFox wrote:Damn, looks comfy man, but I wonder if she'll stop shrapnel :P
Hey there, bucko. You'd better address all Rangers on this site in accordance with the policies and FAQ. This seems to be a running theme with you. Even though say you served in the military, you ARE A GUEST in our house, got it? There are a great many other Veterans here that seem to 'get it'; most of them having done more at their first duty assignment than you've done in your whole "career".

Fix your shit.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

FireCox wrote:Damn, looks comfy man, but I wonder if she'll stop shrapnel :P
Yep had one of my guys take a Ak round to the head didnt penitrate but it gave him a headache.....

By the way your annoying Salt.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

rgrpuck wrote: By the way your annoying Salt.
I'll try to annoy you less.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

I was talking to Firecock not you salt.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

:lol: :wink:

Return to “Personal Gear”