QM/Logistics Officers in the Regiment

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Man, that's a tough nut. I knew the Chem-O in Regt (one of 2 tabbed Chem-Os at the time) but never the QM/loggie.

In 2003 the start of pushing QM Os down to IN units to serve as S-4 started, I can only assume Regt. followed suit or started the trend. Most of those cats were branch detail folks from IN who had tabs, wings, EIB, etc. IN Officers have always backfilled the roles QM officers have done when no QM guy was available, with the exception of specialty skills like Riggers.

You may want to skip the Regt. Recruiter and go straight to the S-4 (at regt. or one of the BNs). They'll be a little more likely to talk to a 2LT than the Recruiter. If you get in a real tough spot, you can try one of the XOs (Regt, BN, or the Support Company). That's if you can stand talking to a Major for more than a few minutes. :roll:

If you can expand your search, 160th has a shit ton of ops for QM Os.

Maybe SupplyRanger can help point you to a warm body.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Check the link:

http://www.nightstalkers.com/articles/2 ... eddog.html

This is the repair section of 160th with loggies. Notice the S-4 is a LTC, not typical for most units but SOAR is different. Other QM ops reside in the rigger section (I don't know who rigs their chutes) and Green Platoon. The fuel blivet missions are pretty cool, and Rangers often provide the security for them. Don't even get me started on acquisition. Them cats get some cool stuff.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Re: QM/Logistics Officers in the Regiment

Post by SupplyRanger »

lisp wrote:Rangers, I've been tasked to write an information paper on opportunities for QM/Log Officers in the Regiment, specifically PLs. I don't know what if anything is classified since I couldn't find any of this information here at the schoolhouse but here are a few of the questions.
1) Where do most QM officers serve in the Regiment? In the STB or at Battalion level or both?
2) How does the Regimental supply system work; specifically does each Battalion have it's own FSC to support it?
3) What PL opportunities are there in the Regiment? (Petroleum and Water, SSA's, Rigger, Distro?)
I've tried getting in touch with the Regimental recruiter but have yet to hear anything back and it's starting to get to crunch time. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and help.
Sir,
QM Officers can serve as PL's in the Echo Companys. They can also serve as the S4 in the STB, as the Regimental S4 OIC. We also have Command slots for QM CPTs. They will be in charge of the Eco's. It's not required for QM Officer to be tabbed but it's highly recommended that you go to Ranger school.
If you want clear answers, the link that Rgr Buddha posted is a good one. Contact the RS1 and they should be able to give you more information. Don't ask for CPT Braxton or MAJ Bean because that information is old. Just ask for WO1 that they have. If you have friends that are interested in serving in the Regiment, have the submit their applications. We could use QM guys.
Good luck in your quest for answers.
Ranger School CL# 04-05
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

PocketKings wrote:I knew the Chem-O in Regt (one of 2 tabbed Chem-Os at the time) but never the QM/loggie.
Now you know the only Supply guy in Regt that MFF qualified. 1 of 3 in the Army.
Ranger School CL# 04-05

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”