Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

HellOrHighWater
Embryo

Post by HellOrHighWater »

New PT Scores:
Push Ups: 63
Sit-Ups 67
2 Mile Run: 14:02
I know I shouldn't be posting but I figured PT scores are an exception.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

HellOrHighWater wrote:New PT Scores:
Push Ups: 63
Sit-Ups 67
2 Mile Run: 14:02
I know I shouldn't be posting but I figured PT scores are an exception.
What is your running schedule now? Are you taking days off to recover? Sprint run sprint run. Just ideas to help ya on your way.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

HellOrHighWater,

Get a Mother Fuckin' avatar!!
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
HellOrHighWater
Embryo

Roger that Ranger AbnRgr289.

Ranger RgrKing, my running schedule is as follows:

Long run day, 2 miles
Rest Day
Sprint day (sprint 1/4 mile, walk briskly 1/4 mile x6)If I fail to beat my sprint times respectively, I must repeat.
Rest day
(Repeat)

The regiment I am following calls for a second day of rest after every third interval. On the rest days I am doing Sit-Ups, Push-Ups, and Pull-Ups, as well as personal training sessions once a week for the next 5 weeks. I will increase the length and duration of my runs every 2 weeks until BCT.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Drew, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. You have had several, and each time you show you have potential. If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Here, we take some pride that we have been assisting young men, like yourself, prepare for service in the Ranger Regiment. You obviously want to make some life changes -- that's good. When you enlist, you begin a new life, nobody cares who you are, who your parents are, nor does anyone care where you went to school. your success is based on your achievements. Please tell us(in 250 words or less) what you hope to accomplish by serving in the Ranger Regiment; frame it in what you have been doing since you graduated from high school. Please complete this task by midnight, Sunday, 16 December 2007. Never, never quit!!!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

HellOrHighWater wrote:Roger that Ranger AbnRgr289.

Ranger RgrKing, my running schedule is as follows:

Long run day, 2 miles
Rest Day
Sprint day (sprint 1/4 mile, walk briskly 1/4 mile x6)If I fail to beat my sprint times respectively, I must repeat.
Rest day
(Repeat)

The regiment I am following calls for a second day of rest after every third interval. On the rest days I am doing Sit-Ups, Push-Ups, and Pull-Ups, as well as personal training sessions once a week for the next 5 weeks. I will increase the length and duration of my runs every 2 weeks until BCT.
Hey bud, the only time you're EVER going to run 2 miles on this journey is during your PT test's before Batt.

Your long run should be a minimum of 5 miles.

My Section Sarnt used to take us on a 10 miler around the impact area BEFORE our PT test's. That's right, the 2 mile standard just became 12 miles, you must be prepared for gut checks, because you will get them, everyday.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Rangerellis2
Ranger

Post by Rangerellis2 »

I agree you need to run your ass off....get ready for those 10-12 mile "fun runs", and my favorite buddy carries up cardiac. [/quote]
"You gotta put up with the bullshit to get to the cool shit"

C-CO 3/75 2005-2007
HHC 3/75 2004-2005
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

For training to get there gradually go up in mileage. Don't over do it and ruin your body right away. Wait for the Regt to do that for you.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
HellOrHighWater
Embryo

Hope you don't mine me not waiting till Sunday to post. I saw the assignment as a priority and had extra time to do it today.

Community college seems the route of anyone not committed in their four years of high school. The burden of my well-being has fallen upon my grandmother, something I wish to undue. Working in the best retail sales position around, at best, seems to only sustain the present, without providing a means for personal growth.

In the finest Army in the world, the desire to serve with the best is something I am naturally attracted to. Finding family, brotherhood, and trust, within men of an inviolable faith to each other whom together focus on the task at hand to seemingly defy logic and natural principles of possibility calls upon me. Many tasks which outsiders would assumingly deem impossible, together, to these men are undoubtedly attainable. Finding anyone not wanting to be a part of that seems more the impossibility.

I wish to push my limits and challenge myself, taking the noblest of paths any man could embark upon. Only death is certain, and before my time comes I hope to make a difference in a world filled with so much evil. Everyone wants to live with the opportunity and privileges that freedom provides yet so many squander at the thought of providing it. Not I, as I wish to help provide it to the many. When my service concludes, I will enjoy that which I helped provide and begin a family with a solid foundation for life forged with principles the Army and its elite Rangers have bestowed upon me.
Roger That Ranger, Ill Make It Happen.
For Endurance Is A Way Of Mind.
Silent And Still, I Will Endure; Smiling On The Inside.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

HellOrHighWater wrote:Hope you don't mine me not waiting till Sunday to post. I saw the assignment as a priority and had extra time to do it today.

Community college seems the route of anyone not committed in their four years of high school. The burden of my well-being has fallen upon my grandmother, something I wish to undue. Working in the best retail sales position around, at best, seems to only sustain the present, without providing a means for personal growth.

In the finest Army in the world, the desire to serve with the best is something I am naturally attracted to. Finding family, brotherhood, and trust, within men of an inviolable faith to each other whom together focus on the task at hand to seemingly defy logic and natural principles of possibility calls upon me. Many tasks which outsiders would assumingly deem impossible, together, to these men are undoubtedly attainable. Finding anyone not wanting to be a part of that seems more the impossibility.

I wish to push my limits and challenge myself, taking the noblest of paths any man could embark upon. Only death is certain, and before my time comes I hope to make a difference in a world filled with so much evil. Everyone wants to live with the opportunity and privileges that freedom provides yet so many squander at the thought of providing it. Not I, as I wish to help provide it to the many. When my service concludes, I will enjoy that which I helped provide and begin a family with a solid foundation for life forged with principles the Army and its elite Rangers have bestowed upon me.
Who the fuck are you talking too you fucking drone.

4 pages later and you still haven't read the Rules and Regs?

Try it again Skippy.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
HellOrHighWater
Embryo

Ranger Jim and fellow Rangers,

Roger That Ranger, Ill Make It Happen.
For Endurance Is A Way Of Mind.
Silent And Still, I Will Endure; Smiling On The Inside.
F50LRRP
BANNED

Attention to Detail

Post by F50LRRP »

One of the Hallmarks of a Ranger is paying attention to detail. If you don't intend to continue your education at a community college, at least use a spell check program and Gramatik.

In your last two postings I noticed the following:

"The regiment I am following" You aren't following a regiment, you are trying to be accepted by the best one. You are following a regimen.

"Hope you don't mine me not waiting till Sunday to post". The correct word is mind not mine.

"assumingly". There is no such word. Assuming is the correct usage of a word that you were trying for. BTW, Rangers won't usually use any form of the word assume because to assume makes an ASS out of you and me.

There were several English usage problems in your short paragraphs, too.

Yes, besides being a LRRP/Ranger I was a college professor. :D

Mike
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

HellOrHighWater wrote:Ranger Jim and fellow Rangers,

Just shut the fuck up.

You sound like a goddamn officer.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

Welcome HellOrHighWater.

PM inbound.
-DRM

Return to “Introduction Archive”