Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Welcome to the site Drew,

PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
HellOrHighWater
Embryo

Post by HellOrHighWater »

Thanks Rangers for the welcome, I will run a FULL 2 miles tomorrow and post back the time.
And Ranger JLTW, I don't remember specifically but I believe my GT score was 127 or 129, something close to that.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

No one gives a rat's ass about your GT score. GO DO PT!!!

Wait, maybe because you are so INTELLIGENT, you can just WILL yourself into better shape.

Turd.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

HellOrHighWater wrote:Thanks Rangers for the welcome, I will run a FULL 2 miles tomorrow and post back the time.
And Ranger JLTW, I don't remember specifically but I believe my GT score was 127 or 129, something close to that.
Hey Darren...he's gonna run a FULL 2 miles tomorrow....Both of them...and not walk part of the way...or stop for tea...but really, really run for 2 FULL miles.....this is going to be a "milestone" for this young man...but he has to wait until tomorrow...'cause he has to get all fired up inside for such a long run...

Stud...go run 8 miles and bring me back 52 minutes...and then I will be marginally impressed...short of that...I just don't care...

Tonight, I am going to do 300 pushups...well actually 30..but I'll do them really really fast...and then I will use my 129 GT score to calculate that if I had ACTUALLY attempted 300...I would have been able to. This is easily done by triangulating the squared hypotinus of your left foot plant and left and right hands, divided by a subset derrived by adding your weight in Kg, and the length in mm from your right knee to your left elbow while in the front leaning rest position. Once I had that number...shit...it was all over but the rent....no reason to ACTUALLY push...It is theoretically possible, so therefore...I did it...

I need a beer..

stud, you need to PT...run until you puke and then give me 2 miles AFTER THAT!!!! Post that score....that is the important one.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Oto-Man wrote:
HellOrHighWater wrote:Thanks Rangers for the welcome, I will run a FULL 2 miles tomorrow and post back the time.
Hey Darren...he's gonna run a FULL 2 miles tomorrow....Both of them...and not walk part of the way...or stop for tea...but really, really run for 2 FULL miles.....this is going to be a "milestone" for this young man...but he has to wait until tomorrow...'cause he has to get all fired up inside for such a long run...

Stud...go run 8 miles and bring me back 52 minutes...and then I will be marginally impressed...short of that...I just don't care...

Tonight, I am going to do 300 pushups...well actually 30..but I'll do them really really fast...and then I will use my 129 GT score to calculate that if I had ACTUALLY attempted 300...I would have been able to. This is easily done by triangulating the squared hypotinus of your left foot plant and left and right hands, divided by a subset derrived by adding your weight in Kg, and the length in mm from your right knee to your left elbow while in the front leaning rest position. Once I had that number...shit...it was all over but the rent....no reason to ACTUALLY push...It is theoretically possible, so therefore...I did it...

I need a beer..

stud, you need to PT...run until you puke and then give me 2 miles AFTER THAT!!!! Post that score....that is the important one.
Instant classic! Heading to an ArmyRanger.com memorable quotes thread near you soon :D
Ranger Hix
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hix »

I bet that he beat SOCOM on PS2 and figured that was not too hard, so what the hell!!
If your really smart, and good it all looks easy!

HellorHighIQ heed these men's advice and treat their words as if they where Moses himself!!
Aco Wpns Plt 3/75
60 mm Mortar Crew
Jan 89-Feb 91
Rio Hato

HARD TIMES DON'T LAST, HARD MEN DO!
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

I don't think you should PT at all. Your a smart kid; use your brain here. If you think you can do it, then you can. Just don't let your thoughts of : this is hard, I can't go any faster, I am so tired, my lungs are on fire, my arms don't do what I ask them to, I can't feel my feet, I should stop to take a leak.

I will tell you about a young Ranger named Brandon Palmer (RIP). Ranger Palmer and some of our buddies went out on night........all night. We proceeded to drink our bodies to jelly.

At 06:00 we reported for first call and could barley stay in formation. At 06:30ish we started a platoon run. Clipping along at about a 6:30 mile, seven miles later we came back. Ranger Palmer had puked while running, pissed himself while running and shit down both legs-while running. He would not allow himself to fall out of a little run and let down his buddies.......

Do you have this kind of mind? I don't think you do. Leave the slot for someone who will become by brother.
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

Caruthers wrote:I don't think you should PT at all. Your a smart kid; use your brain here. If you think you can do it, then you can. Just don't let your thoughts of : this is hard, I can't go any faster, I am so tired, my lungs are on fire, my arms don't do what I ask them to, I can't feel my feet, I should stop to take a leak.

I will tell you about a young Ranger named Brandon Palmer (RIP). Ranger Palmer and some of our buddies went out on night........all night. We proceeded to drink our bodies to jelly.

At 06:00 we reported for first call and could barley stay in formation. At 06:30ish we started a platoon run. Clipping along at about a 6:30 mile, seven miles later we came back. Ranger Palmer had puked while running, pissed himself while running and shit down both legs-while running. He would not allow himself to fall out of a little run and let down his buddies.......

Do you have this kind of mind? I don't think you do. Leave the slot for someone who will become by brother.
Oh, his GT score was alot lower than yours. His brain was wired for Rangers.

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Caruthers wrote:
Caruthers wrote:I don't think you should PT at all. Your a smart kid; use your brain here. If you think you can do it, then you can. Just don't let your thoughts of : this is hard, I can't go any faster, I am so tired, my lungs are on fire, my arms don't do what I ask them to, I can't feel my feet, I should stop to take a leak.

Oh, his GT score was alot lower than yours. His brain was wired for Rangers.
Here we go again.....
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
HellOrHighWater
Embryo

Post by HellOrHighWater »

Higher than needed scores mean nothing, I know that. And though today I am just a piece of shit, unworthy of a cause, a nothing, an unproven wanna be, on a good day; I DO have what it takes. I am ready to break myself, to be slapped and kicked around, to take the shit that gets delivered to me and smile, whatever it takes, and everything it doesn't, Im ready for. Proving it to you Rangers is not my point, even then I wont be worthy of your respect. Someday maybe, but I have 1 goal and thats to serve with heroes I look up to. I will make it or die trying.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Remember read more and post less.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

HellOrHighWater wrote:Higher than needed scores mean nothing, I know that. And though today I am just a piece of shit, unworthy of a cause, a nothing, an unproven wanna be, on a good day; I DO have what it takes. I am ready to break myself, to be slapped and kicked around, to take the shit that gets delivered to me and smile, whatever it takes, and everything it doesn't, Im ready for. Proving it to you Rangers is not my point, even then I wont be worthy of your respect. Someday maybe, but I have 1 goal and thats to serve with heroes I look up to. I will make it or die trying.
Jesus Christ.

Need a tissue, Sweetie?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

rgrking wrote:Remember read more and post less.
This right here will be the single best statement you will find in all the responses up to this point.

READ MORE, POST LESS!
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

HellOrHighWater wrote:Higher than needed scores mean nothing, I know that. And though today I am just a piece of shit, unworthy of a cause, a nothing, an unproven wanna be, on a good day; I DO have what it takes. I am ready to break myself, to be slapped and kicked around, to take the shit that gets delivered to me and smile, whatever it takes, and everything it doesn't, Im ready for. Proving it to you Rangers is not my point, even then I wont be worthy of your respect. Someday maybe, but I have 1 goal and thats to serve with heroes I look up to. I will make it or die trying.

"I do have what it takes...really I do", shut the hell up, how do you know what you have until you've been tested?? Good dudes had what it took too and still didn't make it. Get familiar with the phrase "un-assigned worlwide" you might just see it one day on your orders.

Shut up, don't post, absorb everything and PT your ass off.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

I guess your talking to mickey mouse. Becouse this is not adressed to any one Ranger.

Thomas Jefferson

- Norm Franz

Return to “Introduction Archive”