My PFT Score

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
allmylife
Tadpole

My PFT Score

Post by allmylife »

Good Evening Rangers,
I have taken the Marine Corps PFT on friday (My JROTC unit is a Marine unit) and would like an opinion of where I stand based on my score.

Pull Ups-10
Sit Ups-65
3 Mile Run-23:22

I know my sit ups still need work, but I just want to know where I stand.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Pull ups are good.

You are corrrect, situps could be better.

A 3 mile run that averages out to just shy of 8 minutes per mile.

I don't know what type of emphasis the Marines place on running, but I can tell you as a Ranger that run time falls far short of the mark.
allmylife
Tadpole

Post by allmylife »

Ranger RTO,
That is considered a bad run time to the Marines also.
I am usually good at running, but I did that 3 mile run without running distance in about 3 weeks.
I am almost done with my first half of my senior year.
During the next half I will have JROTC two times a day which means double PT on Tuesdays and Fridays.
On the other days I will PT on my own.
I plan on cutting my run time by a large amount and adding more pull ups and sit ups by the time I take my last PFT.
bmf175
Ranger

Post by bmf175 »

When I was a senior in HS and I realized I wasnt the greatest runner and I wasnt in the greatest shape I joined the cross country team and swim team.
After school I went straight to CC practice ran whatever distance I had to for practice then went straight to swim practice. Needless to say my run time improved as well as my overall physical abilities.
In the spring I was on the wrestling team then the track and field team after that. I did all that my senior year to prepare myself for the Army and going to RIP.
C Co & HHC 1/75
1997-2005
RS Class 02-00

Rangers
Monsoon and cmurder
allmylife
Tadpole

Post by allmylife »

Ranger JLTW!!!,
I will make sure to not forget push ups, and I will run till my shoes are worn out (they are pretty beat up already).

Ranger bmf175,
I have played football in the past for my school and have played soccer since the 8th grade until this year when my coach decided to cut me because we do not get along well. I was an athlete and hope this will help me make it through training.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

The only way to get good at running is to RUN.

The only way to get good at sit ups... is to do SIT UPS.

The only way to get good at push ups... well, you get the drift.

Focus on perfection. PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.

Do them to STANDARD, do not deviate from that standard. Start with small sets, and work up... keeping PERFECT FORM.

Once you can do them for two minutes, non stop... in perfect form... then you will be getting somewhere. As for running... have you ever puked all over yourself while running in formation?
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

allmylife wrote:Ranger JLTW!!!,
I will make sure to not forget push ups, and I will run till my shoes are worn out (they are pretty beat up already).

Ranger bmf175,
I have played football in the past for my school and have played soccer since the 8th grade until this year when my coach decided to cut me because we do not get along well. I was an athlete and hope this will help me make it through training.
Bad idea. I think you should change your shoes immediately. Running with old, nearly worn out shoes severely increases your chances of shin splints and other running ailments.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

RTO wrote:
allmylife wrote:Ranger JLTW!!!,

Ranger bmf175,
Bad idea. I think you should change your shoes immediately. Running with old, nearly worn out shoes severely increases your chances of shin splints and other running ailments.
But be sure you reasonably break in the new shoes a bit before running for distance in them.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

The BEST money you will ever spend... figuratively speaking, of course... is to go to a specialty store, like Fleet Feet... or the likes, and have a "Gait analysis" done on you.

Find out what style of runner you are... and get a recommendation for a shoe. Once you find out what type of runner you are... you will know from now on.

Good shoes, Good optics, Good cigars... and... well... you get my drift. Money well spent.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

allmylife wrote: I am usually good at running, but I did that 3 mile run without running distance in about 3 weeks.

Tell me you don't think three miles is a distance run.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:
RSD 96-99

Return to “About Army Physical Training”