China Denies Yet Another U.S. Warship Access to Hong Kong

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
RTO
BANNED

China Denies Yet Another U.S. Warship Access to Hong Kong

Post by RTO »

Nov. 30 (Bloomberg) -- China has denied another American warship access to the port of Hong Kong, two senior U.S. defense officials said.

The Chinese rejection of a visit by the frigate USS Reuben James is the third such incident this month. Last week, according to Navy officials, the carrier USS Kitty Hawk and two minesweepers were denied entry to Hong Kong.

The rejection of the Reuben James's request to visit on New Year's Eve was communicated to the Navy last week around the same time the Kitty Hawk was turned away, said the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The Reuben James will still go to the region, calling at a different port, one official said. He didn't name the port.

The Chinese Embassy in Washington didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Story Continues Here....
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

TC204 wrote:We should deny entry of 100% of Chinese imports into this country. When they start to panic and start going broke our diplomats can get together to discuss several matters.
Every Walmart in the country would screeech to a halt. I see that actually happening someday. Not over a Warship, but I really do see that happening someday.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

TC204 wrote:We should deny entry of 100% of Chinese imports into this country. When they start to panic and start going broke our diplomats can get together to discuss several matters.

You can bet they have a plan for that. As I understand it the EU buys as much or more of their crap than we do.

I think instead of a panic they would dump all of our bet that they owe on the market and try and tank our economy.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

DoorGunner wrote:I'm still not clear on why it was refused or any of the other ones. Wait, is this another lead paint issue? We haven't cleaned it off our boats yet?
It supposed to be because the Chinese are pissed we sold some better missiles to Taiwan and that Bush had talks with the drama lama.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

Return to “The News Dump”