New $1 Coin (ugh!) - Some bad info floating around

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Bulldawgs07
Ranger

Post by Bulldawgs07 »

I know that when they started the whole state quarter series, one of the stated goals of the Treasury was to get people to collect them, and thus take them out of circulation. Though they've been trying to push this dollar coin thing for a while, the "series" and collectable nature of this specific dollar coin makes me think that it might be more intended as the state quarter series was. We have a weak currency right now, and when people start saving and taking money out of circulation it increases the value of the dollar.
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

I like dollar coins. I carry about 25 of them in my vehicle. They're great for tolls.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

The tooth fairy leaves "Gold Money" for the kids (Sac's)... that's about all I ever used them for.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

McD wrote:The tooth fairy leaves "Gold Money" for the kids (Sac's)... that's about all I ever used them for.
Treasure is much cooler than dollar bills.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

EvilCouch wrote:I remember being a kid in Japan, dropping 100 yen coins into video game machines (That's a dollar!). All too easy to blow a week's allowance in a few minutes.

I don't actually have a point here, I just like bitching about arcade games that cost a buck to play.
Wow, thats amazing EC. Back (a few thousand days) I did my R & R in Japan. The swap was 360 yen to the $1. Why a girl companion hired for 24 hours cost thousands of yen (2000 yen - slightly less than $7). Today I would imagine the Ginza Strip looks a bit different in today's Japan.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Steadfast wrote:
EvilCouch wrote:I remember being a kid in Japan, dropping 100 yen coins into video game machines (That's a dollar!). All too easy to blow a week's allowance in a few minutes.

I don't actually have a point here, I just like bitching about arcade games that cost a buck to play.
Wow, thats amazing EC. Back (a few thousand days) I did my R & R in Japan. The swap was 360 yen to the $1. Why a girl companion hired for 24 hours cost thousands of yen (2000 yen - slightly less than $7). Today I would imagine the Ginza Strip looks a bit different in today's Japan.
Yeah, I think the exchange rate when I was a kid fluctuated between 140 and 160. So, not quite a dollar at the time, but it's about there now. My folks just took a trip around Honshu earlier this month and it was about 110Y to the dollar.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic

Return to “The Mosh Pit”