Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

DeterminedToBe
Embryo

Introduction

Post by DeterminedToBe »

First off let me say thank you to all you Rangers and anyone who has served this country making the American way of life possible for the rest of us. I'm really honored to be in your presence. Its sappy and cheesy but true.

My name is Andrew I'm 23, not yet DEP but will be this week. I have spent the last week or so browsing this board and have been through many threads and found a lot of useful information. I am stuck between joining the Marines and Army it feels as if every day I lean more one way or another.
I suffered injuries from a car accident at 18 including a broken pelvis and slight bulges(not full herniations) in my lower spine. None of these injuries effect me or give me any problems whatsoever as I am in good shape and getting better every week. However, I feel I may still need waivers, I'm not sure. That's one of the main reasons I am here. I lose ALOT of sleep every night thinking about it and hope to get some good answers here. My recruiter isn't much help as he has advised me to lie about the little scars I have from arthroscopic surgery at MEPS. Seems like pretty bad advice to me. Lying about anything is not my way of dealing with it.
Since I can remeber I have idolized the Rangers and special oprations forces and have been in training since my accident to get in good enough shape to enlist and have a real shot at it.
The armed forces, specifically the Rangers appeal to me because of how fierce you guys are, but more-so the bond, and comradery established amongst you. My family life has been meager to say the least, I was raised by a single dad who is gay, and realized having kids was the worst mistake he ever made. Since this 'epiphany' I have been living with my grandmother while my father is out living his life and doing whatever he wants to do, without being tied up by the responsibilities of being a father. It has only made me stronger, yet I long to feel I am a part of a REAL FAMILY. Everything I am, everything I have accomplished in life I have done on my own, which isn't much anyway. I want nothing else but to be a part of something bigger than myself, something important, something that really matters.
I hope that is enough of an interesting introduction, I plan to hang around here for a while as you guys seem incredibly knowledgeable and I could learn alot here. I'm interested to see what kind of name I get. With the information I've provided I'm sure you will not have a problem comming up with something rather 'interesting' to say the least.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site. Either of your choices (Marines vs. Army) are commendable. It takes nuts to step up to the plate these days, and everytime one of you guys comes here as a fresh enlistee, I'm more impressed. Good luck in your decision and future military path.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
DeterminedToBe
Embryo

Post by DeterminedToBe »

EarthPig wrote:Welcome to the site. Either of your choices (Marines vs. Army) are commendable. It takes nuts to step up to the plate these days, and everytime one of you guys comes here as a fresh enlistee, I'm more impressed. Good luck in your decision and future military path.

RLTW
EP
Thank you, much of my friends and family(the few who care) think I am crazy for wanting to join, and even more nuts for scoring in the 90's on my ADSVAB practice test yet only wanting to join the infantry/special forces. I feel that is the only way to go, I want to get my hands dirty, I am not afraid of death and am willing to do whatever it takes. There is no limit to what I will do to get to where I want to go.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

DeterminedToBe wrote:I want to get my hands dirty, I am not afraid of death and am willing to do whatever it takes.
You have many years ahead of you...don't be too quick to dance with the Reaper. The thing that separates the SOF from the common troops is their diligence and expertice in fighting. The idea is to surround yourself with the very best, so death isn't an option. I know you probably didn't mean it sound so John Wayne--y.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site young man. For what it's worth, I'm proud of you for wanting to serve with the best as well as better yourself.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Lemme get this right...your dad sucks cock?

Don't fucking tell anybody that shit.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
DeterminedToBe
Embryo

Post by DeterminedToBe »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Lemme get this right...your dad sucks cock?

Im not sure what my father does concerning his personal life, Its not my business and I do not care to know. What he does has no effect on me. I am fine with who I am, and do not have a problem telling anyone anything about myself or anything effecting me. Something you should strive for maybe?
DeterminedToBe
Embryo

Post by DeterminedToBe »

Roger That
And For The Record, Yes He Probably Does Suck Cock
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

DeterminedToBe wrote:Roger That
And For The Record, Yes He Probably Does Suck Cock
I just told you not to tell anyone that shit.

Oh and by the way...I don't need your advice on what to "strive for".
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Welcome to the site Andrew,

PM imbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thank you for wanting to serve our country at this very important time. Joining the military is an important decision, so make the decision that is right for you. Refrain from dispensing "adivce" to any Ranger on this site and read the Rules of Engagement PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

DeterminedToBe wrote:
Kilted Heathen wrote:Lemme get this right...your dad sucks cock?

Im not sure what my father does concerning his personal life, Its not my business and I do not care to know. What he does has no effect on me. I am fine with who I am, and do not have a problem telling anyone anything about myself or anything effecting me. Something you should strive for maybe?
Shut the fuck up.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

DeterminedToBe wrote:[. There is no limit to what I will do to get to where I want to go.
You'll find out.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
DeterminedToBe
Embryo

Post by DeterminedToBe »

Thank you Rangers for the hearty welcome, I've begun my process to become DEP. I've found out today I will be needing a moral waiver for some stuff I got in trouble with when I was 12 and 13. I was informed I will not be able to get an 18xray contract or much less an option40 because of the waiver and because of the injuries I sustained years ago. That I will have to join with an infantry MOS and prove myself before I can get my shot at Special Forces or Ranger School, something I am more than willing to do.

Return to “Introduction Archive”