Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Nick8223
Egg

Introduction

Post by Nick8223 »

Rangers,

My name is Nick and Im 24 years old. I have a long time girlfriend (6 years) and 2 years of college under my belt. Ive worked various jobs ranging from meter reading to supervising a Pepsi warehouse.

I planned on joining the Army right after high school, but I was advised against it by family and friends. Its never been far from my mind and I finaly made the decision to serve. Ive previously taken the ASVAB but never made it as far as MEPS. After reading through lots of posts, im settling for nothing less than an Option 40 contract.

Im in pretty good shape, but can still use alot of work. My self assessed PFT is as follows:

90 PU
95 SU
13:45 2 mi
Tupac

Post by Tupac »

Self assessed PT test? Yeah..........
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Invictus »

Nick8223 wrote:Rangers,

My name is Nick and Im 24 years old. I have a long time girlfriend (6 years) and 2 years of college under my belt. Ive worked various jobs ranging from meter reading to supervising a Pepsi warehouse.

I planned on joining the Army right after high school, but I was advised against it by family and friends. Its never been far from my mind and I finaly made the decision to serve. Ive previously taken the ASVAB but never made it as far as MEPS. After reading through lots of posts, im settling for nothing less than an Option 40 contract.

Im in pretty good shape, but can still use alot of work. My self assessed PFT is as follows:

90 PU
95 SU
13:45 2 mi
Nick, please indulge me on a few questions:

1). What are you looking to gain from coming here?
2). What does your woman think of your decision?
3) Why Rangers?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Nick. A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. You are "Go" at this station. You have some work to do on your PT. How are you at "pull-ups?" You need to add that to your self-assessment. There are very few new questions, most have already been answered. The "search" function is your friend. If you truly aspire to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right place. We offer the only on-line Ranger Orientation available. Someone from the DEP will be along shortly to assist you. Please tell us what makes you sure you want to become a Ranger? Around 250 words, post it here by midnight, Friday 26 October 2007. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Welcome Nick,

PM imbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Ninety push-ups my fucking ass.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Ninety push-ups my fucking ass.
And before you respond, know that we're talking about military regulation style push-ups.

So I concur with my fellow Ranger. You're full of it. But good luck to you, avoid trip wires (cause they're plenty of'em around here).

Oh and one last thing..............

STFU!!!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Bugsy wrote:
Kilted Heathen wrote:Ninety push-ups my fucking ass.
And before you respond, know that we're talking about military regulation style push-ups.

So I concur with my fellow Ranger. You're full of it. But good luck to you, avoid trip wires (cause they're plenty of'em around here).

Oh and one last thing..............

STFU!!!
We just graded a class full of PRC studs half of which are fully SF qualified.

Nobody did 90 in two mins.

Nobody did 95 sit-ups either.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

ROE PM Inbound

AND DONT RESPOND TO ME VIA PM.

Just read it.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Egg

Post by Nick8223 »

Invictus wrote: Nick, please indulge me on a few questions:

1). What are you looking to gain from coming here?
2). What does your woman think of your decision?
3) Why Rangers?
Ranger,

1). Ive already taken alot of information from these boards from guys who have been there and done that. Im hoping to continue to gain knowledge and possibly share some while I go through the processes.

2). My woman has concerns about long deployment and the risks of being part of an army at war. She also knows that I wouldnt want this so bad if I didnt believe my decision was the right one.

3). Rangers first caught my attention with the motto, Rangers lead the way. I want to be the best at anything I set my mind to, and in order to be the best youve got to surround yourself with others of the same mindset. Rangers appeal to me because I know that anyone that has chosen infantry, volunteered to Airborne and RIP, and has made it through not only wants it bad, but has the fortitude and drive to make it happen.

After making the decision to serve, chosing the Rangers was an easy choice for me. After reading all the literature I could find of them and studying these forums my decision was set in stone. Rangers are considered one of the best outfits around, ready to go at a moments notice and trained for that very thing. Rangers are specialized light infantry, and while there are other infantry units none are as specialized as the Rangers. When I made the decision to serve it was as infantry. They put in hard work and keep themselves in superior physical condition. Most important to me is that every Ranger has volunteered for that assignment, knowing the risks and hard work involved.

The Rangers are to me people that simply want to be the best, and go for it. While browsing through the army site years ago and even today, I look at all the other untis and MOS's and while they are needed and Im sure there are some great soldiers there, its just not for me. Ive always wanted infantry, and since Im making infantry my prime choice Id like to go for one of the best assignments for an infantryman.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

I like it. You seem to have your head screwed on straight and put some thought into this. I'll be watching your progress with interest.

Read and heed Ranger Jurena's PM, and don't miss Ranger Jim's deadline.
We're not big fan's of excuses around here.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thanks for your desire to serve our country as an Army Ranger. Post again after you have a signed enlistment contract.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Nick8223 wrote: Rangers first caught my attention with the motto, Rangers lead the way. I want to be the best at anything I set my mind to, and in order to be the best youve got to surround yourself with others of the same mindset. Rangers appeal to me because I know that anyone that has chosen infantry, volunteered to Airborne and RIP, and has made it through not only wants it bad, but has the fortitude and drive to make it happen.

After making the decision to serve, chosing the Rangers was an easy choice for me. After reading all the literature I could find of them and studying these forums my decision was set in stone. Rangers are considered one of the best outfits around, ready to go at a moments notice and trained for that very thing. Rangers are specialized light infantry, and while there are other infantry units none are as specialized as the Rangers. When I made the decision to serve it was as infantry. They put in hard work and keep themselves in superior physical condition. Most important to me is that every Ranger has volunteered for that assignment, knowing the risks and hard work involved.

The Rangers are to me people that simply want to be the best, and go for it. While browsing through the army site years ago and even today, I look at all the other untis and MOS's and while they are needed and Im sure there are some great soldiers there, its just not for me. Ive always wanted infantry, and since Im making infantry my prime choice Id like to go for one of the best assignments for an infantryman.
I will assume this is your response to my tasker. Not bad at all. Three typos, so you still need some work on your writing skills. You get a go at this station!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Roach66
Inprocessing

Post by Roach66 »

There is no point to do more reps than is required to score 100 for your age group.
Save it for the run.
RLTW
9-87, No Slack Sierra
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
Kilted Heathen wrote: We just graded a class full of PRC studs half of which are fully SF qualified.

Nobody did 90 in two mins.

Nobody did 95 sit-ups either.
KH, not to steal your thunder but your first statement explained your second and third. :lol:
Was thinking the same thing. Was it a HALO team? :lol:

Return to “Introduction Archive”