Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

I apologize for my limitied involvement with this forum. I try to put as much time as possible into my job and schooling and don't have much spare time to use my computer.

Thank you all for the kind words and the best wishes. To answer your question Invictus, the reason I do not wish to join a SEAL team is because, honestly, I don't want to be in the Navy. Although MC is a great guy, the Navy just has no appeal to me. (I look horrible in white... :lol: )

But seriously, I've never considered either a SEAL team or Marine Recon. I can't exactly explain why, but when I met a member of the 1/75th a few years ago, I decided that the Ranger's were what I wanted to do and I have been striving for that goal ever since.

And as an update, I will be meeting with my recruiter in Statesboro this Saturday to discuss my contract. I will keep everyone posted along the way.

Thank you.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

C/MCPO McClard wrote:I apologize for my limitied involvement with this forum. I try to put as much time as possible into my job and schooling and don't have much spare time to use my computer.

Thank you all for the kind words and the best wishes. To answer your question Invictus, the reason I do not wish to join a SEAL team is because, honestly, I don't want to be in the Navy. Although MC is a great guy, the Navy just has no appeal to me. (I look horrible in white... :lol: )

But seriously, I've never considered either a SEAL team or Marine Recon. I can't exactly explain why, but when I met a member of the 1/75th a few years ago, I decided that the Ranger's were what I wanted to do and I have been striving for that goal ever since.

And as an update, I will be meeting with my recruiter in Statesboro this Saturday to discuss my contract. I will keep everyone posted along the way.

Thank you.
Read the fucking rules again and this time pay attention.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
C/MCPO McClard wrote:I apologize for my limitied involvement with this forum. I try to put as much time as possible into my job and schooling and don't have much spare time to use my computer.

Thank you all for the kind words and the best wishes. To answer your question Ranger Invictus, the reason I do not wish to join a SEAL team is because, honestly, I don't want to be in the Navy. Although MC is a great guy, the Navy just has no appeal to me. (I look horrible in white... :lol: )

Thank you.
Read the fucking rules again and this time pay attention.
:wink:
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Pretty good intro and I generally dont respond to these as they are often made by mindless whelps with an overload of "I think I can's".

Do well young man, anxious to see how you progress. Amazingly, we have hosted a fair sized number of young men through here who we saw go from Juniors and Seniors in High School to 6 tour Rangers with Tab and assorted scare badges. Be one.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Read the fucking rules again and this time pay attention.
My apologies as I did not intend to offend either Ranger Invictus or yourself Ranger Kilted Heathen. It was a dumbass mistake and won't happen again.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Welcome here. I'm curious about your choice of screen name. Can you expound why your name corresponds with the highest enlisted rank in the Navy?
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

C/MCPO McClard wrote:
Kilted Heathen wrote:Read the fucking rules again and this time pay attention.
My apologies as I did not intend to offend either Ranger Invictus or yourself Ranger Kilted Heathen. It was a dumbass mistake and won't happen again.
Relax, no-one's fucking offended. Just pay attention.

Welcome to the site.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

42L5V wrote:Welcome here. I'm curious about your choice of screen name. Can you expound why your name corresponds with the highest enlisted rank in the Navy?
Ranger 42L5V,

My screen name comes from my position in my NJROTC unit as it's Command Master Chief. (C/MCPO means Cadet Master Chief Petty Officer)
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome! As has been said, if you will look and listen you can learn a lot here.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

C/MCPO McClard wrote:
42L5V wrote:Welcome here. I'm curious about your choice of screen name. Can you expound why your name corresponds with the highest enlisted rank in the Navy?
Ranger 42L5V,

My screen name comes from my position in my NJROTC unit as it's Command Master Chief. (C/MCPO means Cadet Master Chief Petty Officer)
Roger. I'm fairly certain that I know what a MCPO is. We call them Sergeant Major. Not to be an ass, but you might not have selected the best screen name. It's kinda like a ROTC cadet showing off a Ranger Challenge tab at Rendezvous...
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

Ranger 42L5V,

I've been thinking about that, too. Although it's too late now, I thought it was appropriate at the moment and selected my rate as a screen name. In retrospect, it wasn't very smart. If it is at all possible, could an admin get with me and help me change my name? I definately don't want to seem like I'm "showing off", especially when I haven't earned anything to show off.

-David

PS- I did not mean to even incinuate that I doubt your intelligence or military knowledge, Ranger. I deal with 13 year old's with no prior knowledge of the Navy on a daily basis and that's the approach I usually take to explain the rate/rank system. Although I recognize you're neither 13 nor a JROTC punk, I still explained it in a fashion that insults your intelligence. My apologies. (please don't kill me :lol: )
42L5V wrote:Roger. I'm fairly certain that I know what a MCPO is. We call them Sergeant Major. Not to be an ass, but you might not have selected the best screen name. It's kinda like a ROTC cadet showing off a Ranger Challenge tab at Rendezvous...
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

C/MCPO McClard wrote:
Ranger 42L5V,

You are the Halo 3 guy?
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

Bravo57 wrote:You are the Halo 3 guy?
I've never been a big fan of video games, Ranger Bravo57. But I will say this: if I was that Master Chief, I'd have had a hell of a more interesting life than I have thus far!

Ranger's, I want to thank you all for your advice and input. I have met with my recruiter throughout this week and will be reporting to Jacksonville next week for MEPS. My recruiter has two other Opt 40's that he's working with and I'll meet them sometime after next week for PT and other "fun stuff". Will post a SITREP following MEPS.

Once again, thank you Ranger's. I will be joining you very soon.

-David
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

C/MCPO McClard wrote:
Bravo57 wrote:You are the Halo 3 guy?
Once again, thank you Ranger's. I will be joining you very soon.

-David
You probably should say, I will be TRYING to join you very soon. But, carry on with the confidence young man. I personally like cocky confidence.

Good on ya.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

Abell9 wrote:

You probably should say, I will be TRYING to join you very soon. But, carry on with the confidence young man. I personally like cocky confidence.

Good on ya.
X2
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG

Return to “Introduction Archive”