Charlie, Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

chukaw511
Egg

Charlie, Introduction

Post by chukaw511 »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Charlie. I am 17 years old and I am going to be a senior in high school this year. I have only recently begun looking into a career in the military. For a long time I have wanted to pursue a career in government service, though I was never sure in exactly what particular field. I have a strong interest in the Middle East and over this past year I've done research into different government careers I could someday pursue. The field of Intelligence particularly caught my eye. In school I am deeply committed to learning French, which I have been for a few years and recently Arabic, both of which would help me in an intelligence career.

As I read more and more about our situation in Iraq, Afghanistan and the global war on terrorism from Southeast Asia to the Middle East, the more I want to serve my country in these respects. I've spent alot of time researching different opportunities available to me with such agencies as the CIA, NSA and DIA that would accompany a college education. I have invested alot of time in preparing for college, however alot of the schools I am looking at are very hard to get into, as are these programs.

This lead me to look into the military as another option when graduating high school. From what I've seen I would be most interested in enlisting as a 97E/35M, Human Intelligence Collector, which lead me to this website (found this website from a reference on the goarmy.com forums). I've lurked around this website for the past few weeks, soaking up the FAQ, reading advice on physical training*, and getting a sense of what Rangers are about.

While I cannot say that I am deadset on joining the Army, or becoming a Ranger for that matter, I could one day well be and I know where to come to seek advice/information.

Thank you Rangers and Veterans for maintaing this website as it is a great resource to many and for your service to this country. I will now STFU and get back to "reading." (replace this with "Xbox" if you must :lol: )

*I have never been a very athletic person (run Cross Country, play lacrosse casually) and from what I've read about the physical and mental requirements of becoming a ranger I would have ALOT of work to do (more so for push ups than anything else). Currently I am devoting a strong effort towards Cross Country, now in our preseason, to get into better running shape. I appreciate the great amount of physical training advice Rangers and Veterans have put forth on this website and I will be utilizing it to become better at push ups, situps, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

WoW. Two 97E's in two days. Kilted Heathen's gunna be PISSED! :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the site and thanks for your desire to serve our great country, whereever you may end up.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

RTO wrote:WoW. Two 97E's in two days. Kilted Heathen's gunna be PISSED! :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the site and thanks for your desire to serve our great country, whereever you may end up.
Bring all the fuckers...at least they'll get a decent fucking start from hanging around here.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thanks for your interest in the Army and Army Rangers.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Welcome Charlie

PM Inbound
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Welcome, Charlie.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Deadpool
Ranger

Post by Deadpool »

Welcome.
B Co. 1/75 '00 - '02

"I say we blow the fuckers up." - Booger
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Piss off, I'm the only Charlie here :twisted:
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
fatart
Ranger

11B

Post by fatart »

Sign up as an 11B with a Ranger contract, do 3 year hitch then when you re-up do it as a hum-int guy, cook, truck driver, tanker, queer, recruiter, whatever the hell it is you want to do. Army training in intel will only get you so far in the civilian world..trust me I know! You will learn more shit and become a better, faster, harder, smarter leader in those three short years in the suck then a lifetime of intel work. That time spent as a boots-on-the-ground infantryman will prove to be INVALUABLE in everything you do after that, in the military and otherwise. If a had a nickel for every ex-military "grunt" I've met in my lifetime, well I'd have a whole bunch of fuckin' nickels! Goes like this here, Me... "Oh, hey you were in the military?" Them..."Yeah, I was a grunt." Me..."You were an 11B?" Them..."Naw, I was an 88M, but we did all the stuff the grunts did!" ...wha, wha, wha.....
2/75th '91-'99
RS 5-93

"Cookie...?"

Return to “Introduction Archive”