Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

DRM
Paratrooper

Introduction

Post by DRM »

Rangers,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for the opportunity to become a member of your community. I have visited this website for quite a while and joined today with the hope to recieve more information and support as I pursue my goal of being a Ranger.

My name is David and I am currently finishing high school. I am 16 years old and enrolled in my school's NJROTC unit as its Master Chief Petty Officer. I'm not going to pretend like I am a soldier and I look up to those who have stepped forward and will be joining them soon.

I live in Rincon, GA, which is 30 miles outside of Savannah. I will be enlisting once I'm 17 with an Option 40 contract and will be joining you Rangers someday. My NSI, Master Chief Auger, was a Navy SEAL and has PT'd me religiously for 3 years. I ran our PFT with a score of 290 and have completed AP Calculus, Chemistry, and 2 foreign languages, so I believe that I am academically and physically capable to join you in the near future.

Thank you for your patience and I look forward to participating in the Ranger world.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

In spite of your youth, you have made a good initial impression. Well done. It sounds like you are well rounded and capable of good things in life. Now, please share with us why you want to become a Ranger?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

welcome

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

Welcome and Good Luck.
1st Ranger Bn HHC 1978-81
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site C/MCPO McClard and thank you for your desire to serve our great country as a Ranger. I am looking forward to reading your response to Ranger Jim's question. Good luck to you young man...
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thank you for your desire to become an Army Ranger. Achieve that goal and you will be able to achieve just about anything else. Be a good student, strive for leadership positions in school and sports and continually improve your physical fitness. Good luck to you with luck meaning preparedness meeting opportunity.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

Thank you all for the greetings.

To answer Ranger Jim's question, I've always wanted to do things that many people never get the opportunity to. I don't know a lot of of my peers who get to jump out of a C-130 or ride a zodiac down a river. Plus, I have a debt to this nation and want my children to experience the same childhood I have had and will do whatever I can to defend it.

And all else aside, I want that tab. If for no other reason, I want to be able to say that I'm a Ranger.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

C/MCPO McClard wrote:To answer Ranger Jim's question, I've always wanted to do things that many people never get the opportunity to. I don't know a lot of of my peers who get to jump out of a C-130 or ride a zodiac down a river. Plus, I have a debt to this nation and want my children to experience the same childhood I have had and will do whatever I can to defend it.

And all else aside, I want that tab. If for no other reason, I want to be able to say that I'm a Ranger.
Not a bad answer, given your age and maturity. Here are some thoughts from the members of the site. You will find it helpful. I know it may not mean much to you at the moment, but Education and Training are not the same thing. Hopefully, you will find this educational:

viewtopic.php?t=35004&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Last edited by Jim on July 9th, 2007, 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

With that intro you are showing some exceptional maturity and I think that you can go a long ways if you maintain this kind of an attitude. A lot of guys 5 years older than you have failed miserably in this section, so give yourself a pat on the back for having a little more sense than someone who is in college.

The challenge now is for you to maintain that impression, by listening, learning and in the future showing us how you are tackling the goal you have set for yourself. Failing in your endeavor can only come from within and you won't find any sympathy here...however you will find a lot of support if you are willing to put in the time and effort to learn what you need to know to be well ahead of the pack.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Welcome and good luck.
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Nice intro. I think you'll give it a good shot. Maintain that professional attitude, without letting any of this go to your head. Best of luck, and welcome aboard.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

C/MCPO McClard wrote:Thank you all for the greetings.

To answer Ranger Jim's question, I've always wanted to do things that many people never get the opportunity to. I don't know a lot of of my peers who get to jump out of a C-130 or ride a zodiac down a river. Plus, I have a debt to this nation and want my children to experience the same childhood I have had and will do whatever I can to defend it.

Curious to know why you want to join the Regiment rather than the Teams, if this SEAL instructor has had such an obvious impact on you.
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Invictus wrote:
C/MCPO McClard wrote:Thank you all for the greetings.

Curious to know why you want to join the Regiment rather than the Teams, if this SEAL instructor has had such an obvious impact on you.
Because 30 miles outside his door is the home of THE most elite light infantry Battallion in the world! You know, the FIRST Battalion.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Post by Nomad »

RangerJurena wrote:
Because 30 miles outside his door is the home of THE most elite light infantry Battallion in the world! You know, the FIRST Battalion.
First Battalion of the Marine Corps?
bmf175
Ranger

Post by bmf175 »

Welcome to the site.
Seem like a bright kid, I hope you have the mental toughness to match, good luck in reaching your goal.
Stay motivated and never quit. 8)
C Co & HHC 1/75
1997-2005
RS Class 02-00

Rangers
Monsoon and cmurder
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

luck

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

Sounds like it is there if you want it. I see a huge amount of good advice.
Read it, then re-read it. It has been mentioned here a lot, MENTAL toughness will get you through what others will fail. Have faith in yourself and never surrender to physical pain and discomfort; they are temporary. The rest will be with you always. You will know yourself after this more than your ever thought was possible.

Good Luck. Be tough.
1st Ranger Bn HHC 1978-81
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79

Return to “Introduction Archive”