Pet pic's

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Cliv03 wrote:Oh yeah, big fuckers. Don't know too much about them.....
-temperment
-trainability
-lifespan
-health problems

I have seen them before....fuckers are bigger than Great Danes. But I think an English Mastiff will do. Just to hear their history, and what their uses were, are unbelievable. I love the idea that the Mastiff is, not only docile, but highly protective and good with kids.
And you need 13 gallon Glad garbage bags to clean up after them. 8)
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

bmf175 wrote: I dont care much for english bulldogs as I dont think they are good for anything cant run, cant really do anything physical for more than 15 minutes.
I think all the Mastifs are awesome.
Ranger bmf175,

The English bulldogs are Mrs. Angry's retirement plan! The Mastiff's are really cool, the most gentle dog that I have ever seen and extremely protective.

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Cliv03 wrote:Timber wolves and domestic dogs....not a good combo. Especially a fucking pack of them.
My Wolfhound was a pet, I never even for a moment considered hunting with him. I'm not even sure I support the idea of hunting with Wolfhounds. I've never seen it with my own eyes, only read accounts of it in the history books.
From everything I've read, the dogs were more than up for the task, not only outrunning/manuvering the Timber wolves, but actually bringing them down. Again, this is all from accounts I've read, I have no personal knoweledge of any of this.

What I do know of Wolfhounds is their temperment. A#1. As good as it gets. GREAT with families, small children and other pets. This I know from personal experience.

Age span, like other giant breed dogs is about 7(+-) years.

Training: They are sight hounds. They were born to run. And FAST! :shock: Many Wolfhounds win awards for competitions for 'coursing' which is a speed/racing competition. Many also do great in regular sit/stay/heal/fetch type of competitions.

Health issues: The only one mine had was he injured his front 'elbows' doing this fosberry flop type manuever trying to lay down before those little 'pads' on his elbows developed. Mine was 185 pounds at 6 months and couldn't figure out how to lay down without hurting his front elbows. :shock: :lol: :lol:

And the poop? Bring a shovel :cool:
My one dog ate one 40pound sack of dry kibble every two weeks.
bmf175
Ranger

Post by bmf175 »

Ranger175csar wrote:
Cliv03 wrote:Yeah, me and my woman are pretty hell bent on getting an English Mastiff....Nothing like a 250 pound bundle of love walking around the house :D :D :D
I rish Wokf Hound... Huge and scary fuckers Check this out

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images15/Ir ... rendan.JPG
That is fucken amazing.
C Co & HHC 1/75
1997-2005
RS Class 02-00

Rangers
Monsoon and cmurder
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Here's six of our seven. the first one is Molly (cane corso)
This is Sugar (rotweiler)
This is Jerry (lab/pit mix)
This is Retard she's kida dumb (doberman/shepherd mix)
This is Little Dog (Minature pincer/chauhua mix)
and finally Tiny Dog (minature pincer/dachuand mix)

We rescued all of them except for the Rot, a guy at 4th RTB gave her to me when he came down on orders to Lewis (she gets car sick and four days of that would have been really bad. We also have a timberwolf, Husky mix, but I can't find a picture yet.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Hey Ranger Rangerguru,

How is the Cane Corso's temperment and intellect? I am considering this breed for our next dog.

Angry
Angry

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Cliv03 wrote:...Shit, any of the Molosser breeds are beautiful.
Ranger Cliv03,

I have seen that word 'Molosser' before, any idea what it means?

Angry
Angry

RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

AngryPistols wrote:
Cliv03 wrote:...Shit, any of the Molosser breeds are beautiful.
Ranger Cliv03,

I have seen that word 'Molosser' before, any idea what it means?

Angry
Here is what Wicki says about the Molosser breeds..... Clicky Here
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

This is my cat Whiskers. He's a 2 year old Maine Coon that we got in Maine. He's now 18 lbs. and growing fast. He likes to fetch and swim in the tub with my son and is a really friendly animal who's patient with my son and never bites or scratches. He's virtually silent too, Coons don't make very much noise.

The neighborhood dogs stay clear of my yard, especially my neighbors pussy Dalmation who used to shit by my mailbox. I'm starting to think he's 1/2 bobcat. :D 8)
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Rangerguru wrote:Here's six of our seven.
Good on yer for saving all those wonderful hounds, Rangerguru. Hey, I think Retard looks pretty sweet. :D
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein

Return to “The Mosh Pit”