Arch Pain

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

I seem to have a bit of a pain but thats already an overstatment for it. I would rate it at about a 2 out of 10, I can run and walk with it acting up at all its just sometimes like going down stairs and I take the last step I feel that pain in my Right arc. I would see a Doc but I dont have time anymore plus I dont think (I dont hope at least) that it will become an issue. Maby I just need some vagisil :roll:
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Ranger Fish it has stayed the same to be honest. I dont feel it at all when I am wearing shoes or jungle boots when I go on my road marches. The only time I can think of that it hurts me is like on the last step of some stairs and the foot kinda stretches out right as my toes hit the ground.
MK18
Egg

Post by MK18 »

I got flat feet and gotta wear special inserts in all my shoes. It sucks when they get wet though. Idk how the army feels bout people with flat feet joinin, and if it makes it harder.
MK18
Egg

Post by MK18 »

I got flat feet and gotta wear special inserts in all my shoes. It sucks when they get wet though. Idk how the army feels bout people with flat feet joinin, and if it makes it harder.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

MK18 wrote:I got flat feet and gotta wear special inserts in all my shoes. It sucks when they get wet though. Idk how the army feels bout people with flat feet joinin, and if it makes it harder.
If I remember correctly, flat feet can make you a NoGo at MEPS. Good luck.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Gator85
Embryo

Post by Gator85 »

Rangers,

I have the same pain(arch), been going on for about two weels now. The deal is i do not have flat feet, but i talked to a family friend who is a doctor who had the same problem from running and said i most likely had a plantar fascia strain, I injured it running barefoot during my cooldown(was running on Florida Field and i tripped on a bump while watching a female runner run by). I thought i might of fractured it somehow so i got x-rays done and nothing showed up on them in the negative. I proceeded to rest it for a week before i had a PT test and it was feeling alright but then i tweeked it again during the PT test. That was a week ago and I have been taking 400 mg of advil once a day but i have been taking it now every 6 hours since yesterday. I have also been icing it with a water bottle whenever im not on it since the PT test. The pain is not as intense but my foot is sore and a little stiff when i wake up and is sore for the rest of the day, whether walking or doing whatever, i have tried to stay off of it as much as possible. I am trying to schedule a time to see a podiatrist but I do not return to Jacksonville from Ohio till Wednesday and i am scheduled to start LTC on Saturday. That gives me 2 and a half days to see a podiatrist and see what they have to say and i plan on calling one monday morning first thing as i havea referral to see one but they are closed on sundays.. Would buying some off the shelf arch-support be recommended till i can get some good ones(there is a Good Feet in niagra falls that i planned on going too), and I have heard cortozone shots might help also, anyone have any experience in that area? Thanks for your time rangers, I appreciate it.
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

Gator85 wrote:Rangers,

I have the same pain(arch), been going on for about two weels now. The deal is i do not have flat feet, but i talked to a family friend who is a doctor who had the same problem from running and said i most likely had a plantar fascia strain, I injured it running barefoot during my cooldown(was running on Florida Field and i tripped on a bump while watching a female runner run by). I thought i might of fractured it somehow so i got x-rays done and nothing showed up on them in the negative. I proceeded to rest it for a week before i had a PT test and it was feeling alright but then i tweeked it again during the PT test. That was a week ago and I have been taking 400 mg of advil once a day but i have been taking it now every 6 hours since yesterday. I have also been icing it with a water bottle whenever im not on it since the PT test. The pain is not as intense but my foot is sore and a little stiff when i wake up and is sore for the rest of the day, whether walking or doing whatever, i have tried to stay off of it as much as possible. I am trying to schedule a time to see a podiatrist but I do not return to Jacksonville from Ohio till Wednesday and i am scheduled to start LTC on Saturday. That gives me 2 and a half days to see a podiatrist and see what they have to say and i plan on calling one monday morning first thing as i havea referral to see one but they are closed on sundays.. Would buying some off the shelf arch-support be recommended till i can get some good ones(there is a Good Feet in niagra falls that i planned on going too), and I have heard cortozone shots might help also, anyone have any experience in that area? Thanks for your time rangers, I appreciate it.
If this a plantar fascia, you can go into your local CVS and buy $9 inserts - you should see an improvement within a week. Wait until it feels better before you continue to pt. I would caution against cortisone shots, it's important to treat the injury, not just the symptom.
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."

Return to “Medical Issues”