Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Chupacabra_pl
Embryo

Introduction

Post by Chupacabra_pl »

Hi, my name is Steven. I'm 18 years old and I'm living in Poland. I planned to study in USA, but unfortunately I didn't get visa :( Maybe next year. I also planned to join US Army Reserve to get some money for school and learn the basics of soldiering. Of course I was thinking about active duty, but first I want to get some education and then start real military career (I would like to be in 75th, but I don't think I could be a good Ranger :/). But like i said before I must get visa first (and a lot of other documents).

My interests are military history, technology and tactics. I'm leader of group reenacting 75th Ranger Regiment. Before I get to the details I must say that we don't pretend to be Rangers, we just want to collect old equipment, get some informations about Rangers and show people who are Rangers and how they looked in the past or how they look now. Currently we are reenacting Rangers from operation Just Cause, but some people also have modern equipment (ACU, IBA etc.). At the moment there are only eight of us.

I joined this forum because I want to gather some information about Rangers, because I still know about them less than I should to be good reenactor. I hope that you, Rangers, would help me a little it this task.

BTW: sorry for my english, it's my second language and I know it is not very good.
Chupacabra_pl
Embryo

Post by Chupacabra_pl »

Well, I just like that monster.
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

Welcome

If in your mind you have already decided that you wouldn't make a good Ranger, then don't even try. You have already defeated yourself with noone else's help.

Good luck with your visa.
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
Chupacabra_pl
Embryo

Post by Chupacabra_pl »

Fishboy wrote:If in your mind you have already decided that you wouldn't make a good Ranger, then don't even try. You have already defeated yourself with noone else's help.
I know, at the moment I don't even think about RIP or Ranger School. I don't want to be disappointed. OSUT will be a first challenge for me, because I'm rather physically weak. Maybe in future I'll have a reason to change my mind.
Fishboy wrote:Good luck with your visa.
Thank you, Ranger Fishboy.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com

Do you feel you are not mentally or physically prepared to become a Ranger? There is help for both of these situations available on this site.
Chupacabra_pl
Embryo

Post by Chupacabra_pl »

Thanks for encouragement, Ranger Cliv03, but it's not that easy. First of all I need visa - it's the easiest part. Second thing is permission from Ministry of Internal Affairs and Administration of the Republic of Poland - if I don't get it I can still join US Army but it will be illegal in Poland so going back means jail or at least some serious problems :( Next: I need to join US Army and sign the contract but as non-citizen I can't be in Army longer than 8 years and my career is limited so I'll need to be deployed overseas for at least one year to have good chances of getting citizenship. Then Airborne School, RIP and Ranger School.

I'll do my best to become Ranger but as you can see it's not easy.

Ranger RTO - rather physically. Of course it's not such a big problem, but at the moment I would barely pass the Basic (if I would pass it).
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Invictus »

Chupacabra_pl wrote: Currently we are reenacting Rangers from operation Just Cause, but some people also have modern equipment (ACU, IBA etc.). At the moment there are only eight of us.
How does one reenact an airfield siezure? With a squad size element no less? :D
Chupacabra_pl
Embryo

Re: Introduction

Post by Chupacabra_pl »

Invictus wrote:How does one reenact an airfield siezure? With a squad size element no less? :D
Well... we reenact as much as we can.

Ranger Cliv03 - thanks for advices. I'll do my best to prepare myself.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

If you truly desire something in life, go and get it. Never imitate -- initiate. Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”