Summer RIP hold

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Summer RIP hold

Post by Invictus »

wazzle wrote:I heard rumors about RIP being delayed by as much as 6 weeks because of the heat of the summer months. Can this be true???
You gotta be shittin' me right?
RTO
BANNED

Re: Summer RIP hold

Post by RTO »

wazzle wrote:I heard rumors about RIP being delayed by as much as 6 weeks because of the heat of the summer months. Can this be true???
Could be, but I seriously doubt it.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

They will not stop it for the heat.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

wazzle wrote:I did not think that was possible either but you know how rumors spread.
Yep, believe we just saw that in action...
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

They won't stop training, but whenever you get thirsty, just tell them and they will get you a cold drink. Maybe beer if you ask nicely.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
DocMo
Egg

Summer Rip Hold

Post by DocMo »

Let me tell you as the current RIP Medic Cadre, there is no way we will delay training because its a bit warm. If you can't survive in Benning heat, you don't belong in the military all together cause you won't do well with iraq or afghan heat. Don't bother coming to RIP if you are, or might be a heat casualty, you will given a "rectal temp"..... at least 8 x's and kicked out Rgt. forever. Don't be a "puss".
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Summer Rip Hold

Post by AbnRgr289 »

DocMo wrote:Let me tell you as the current RIP Medic Cadre, there is no way we will delay training because its a bit warm. If you can't survive in Benning heat, you don't belong in the military all together cause you won't do well with iraq or afghan heat. Don't bother coming to RIP if you are, or might be a heat casualty, you will given a "rectal temp"..... at least 8 x's and kicked out Rgt. forever. Don't be a "puss".
Doc, please post an intro in the appropriate forum and get an avatar, it's SOP.

viewforum.php?f=26

Thanks,

The Management.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
42L5V
Ranger

Re: Summer Rip Hold

Post by 42L5V »

DocMo wrote:Let me tell you as the current RIP Medic Cadre, there is no way we will delay training because its a bit warm. If you can't survive in Benning heat, you don't belong in the military all together cause you won't do well with iraq or afghan heat. Don't bother coming to RIP if you are, or might be a heat casualty, you will given a "rectal temp"..... at least 8 x's and kicked out Rgt. forever. Don't be a "puss".
And learn to read who you are addressing. Don't speak to a Ranger parent like he's some DEP. Assclown.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Hi, I haven't seen an intro for DocMo but what is a medic cadre? He acts like he has been around the world three or four times. Maybe he has, I don't know. Sure aACTS like he iknows his shit. Wish I knew. Also maybe with all the support soldiers going thru RIP they have to limit training when it gets to hot.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

soldiersdad wrote:Hi, I haven't seen an intro for DocMo but what is a medic cadre? He acts like he has been around the world three or four times. Maybe he has, I don't know. Sure aACTS like he iknows his shit. Wish I knew. Also maybe with all the support soldiers going thru RIP they have to limit training when it gets to hot.
Occasionally, we have someone who speaks out of turn. I trust you noted how quickly he was corrected.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

soldiersdad wrote:Hi, I haven't seen an intro for DocMo but what is a medic cadre? He acts like he has been around the world three or four times. Maybe he has, I don't know. Sure aACTS like he iknows his shit. Wish I knew. Also maybe with all the support soldiers going thru RIP they have to limit training when it gets to hot.
These are medics that come from one of the Battalions and work in the same capacity supporting RIP/ROP/PRE-RANGER.
I would say that he knows what he's talking about.

I would like to think the standards aren't changed for support type's going thru the course.
Apparently, they don't call "TIME OUT" in Iraq when the thermometer registers heat cat 5.

Return to “About RASP”