Gobble, Gobble, Gobble........Lesbian?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

They use the same law to make it against the rules for kids to wear shirts with guns, and ANYTHING with the Confederate Flag in the South.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

We shoulda used the ACLU against Gen Sheminski and the taking of the Black Beret! :oops:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

lexlawgirl wrote:While I respect your opinion, and your right to hold it, I have to side with the school on this one, Hopps. It isn't that I am a fan of gays. However, as someone who just finished LOSING a lawsuit to the ACLU on behalf of a schoolboard facing very similar issues I can tell you WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY (because we tried the issue and LOST) that:

1) The schoolboard has the right to not let you wear that shirt; and

2) Picking a fight with gays and lesbians is NOT something you want to do right now- NOT because you don't have the right to your opinion and NOT because you aren't standing up for what you believe in but because, as happened for my clients, you will end up far, FAR worse off than when you started. Students protesting the formation of a "Gay-Straight Alliance" at a school that our firm represents ( students who had the full support of our community and their parents) now not only have the GSA, they have 10 hours of COURT-MANDATED "sensitivity training" (INCLUDING sensitivity to "gender issues"), have the ACLU watching everything they do, AND are out more than $100,000 in legal fees that could have been put to MUCH better uses.

There is a stack of caselaw three inches thick that schools have the right not to let students wear clothing with slogans that the school officials deem hateful, offensive, or potentially disruptive. The courts give a HUGE amount of deference to what the school officials objectively thought/they have a lot of discretion. If the school /does/ let you get away with it, you can bet that someone will run to the ACLU and that the ACLU will fall like a hammer. They have an entire office in NY devoted to "gender issues" and they will be happy to spend your school's money.

This problem /has/ to be changed legislatively, because the courts are not giving an inch.

Once again, I'm not making a statement for or against your beliefs, and I remember how it sucks to be in High School and being told what to do. Nevertheless, please appreciate that, from a practical perspective, this might not be a good fight to pick

*hugs*
-Lex

I stand corrected. Next time, don't try to kick me in the nuts quite so hard :lol: Next time i get in trouble with the law, i'll hire you and we can have a little sidebar of our own 8) You can talk legal to me :shock:

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

lexlawgirl wrote:While I respect your opinion, and your right to hold it, I have to side with the school on this one, Hopps. It isn't that I am a fan of gays. However, as someone who just finished LOSING a lawsuit to the ACLU on behalf of a schoolboard facing very similar issues I can tell you WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY (because we tried the issue and LOST) that:

1) The schoolboard has the right to not let you wear that shirt; and

2) Picking a fight with gays and lesbians is NOT something you want to do right now- NOT because you don't have the right to your opinion and NOT because you aren't standing up for what you believe in but because, as happened for my clients, you will end up far, FAR worse off than when you started. Students protesting the formation of a "Gay-Straight Alliance" at a school that our firm represents ( students who had the full support of our community and their parents) now not only have the GSA, they have 10 hours of COURT-MANDATED "sensitivity training" (INCLUDING sensitivity to "gender issues"), have the ACLU watching everything they do, AND are out more than $100,000 in legal fees that could have been put to MUCH better uses.

There is a stack of caselaw three inches thick that schools have the right not to let students wear clothing with slogans that the school officials deem hateful, offensive, or potentially disruptive. The courts give a HUGE amount of deference to what the school officials objectively thought/they have a lot of discretion. If the school /does/ let you get away with it, you can bet that someone will run to the ACLU and that the ACLU will fall like a hammer. They have an entire office in NY devoted to "gender issues" and they will be happy to spend your school's money.

This problem /has/ to be changed legislatively, because the courts are not giving an inch.

Once again, I'm not making a statement for or against your beliefs, and I remember how it sucks to be in High School and being told what to do. Nevertheless, please appreciate that, from a practical perspective, this might not be a good fight to pick

*hugs*
-Lex
Lex,

What else was going on that your clients got 10 hours of brainwashing-I mean sensitivity training? Also, please include a personal story of the first time you "experimented" with another woman. :shock:

Thanks. :wink:
lexlawgirl
Embryo

Post by lexlawgirl »

BadMuther wrote: What else was going on that your clients got 10 hours of brainwashing-I mean sensitivity training?
The case mostly revolved around the formation of a GSA at the HS. The community went crazy...plus, I guess I just suck :P (Alas, not alway in the nicest ways).

BadMuther wrote: Also, please include a personal story of the first time you "experimented" with another woman. :shock:

Thanks. :wink:
Sorry Ranger BadMuther, we aren't allowed to disclose what goes on at sorority initiation ;) I'm sure that none of us would feel comfortable running around the house in only our bras and panties, having those wild "no boys allowed" slumber parties if we knew it was going to come back and haunt us later.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Hopps wrote:I used a mouth call, thats about the best tip i can give, because it frees up your hands. Plus it gives your tongue a good workout :shock: :lol:

Hopps
Are you sure you're not a 'peeter-puffer'? Pierced tongue, eh fagmo?! :?
RideGrrl
Tadpole

Post by RideGrrl »

Just a thought... seems to me a pierced tongue on a guy could possibly make him popular with the females. So not necessarily a bad thing, IMHO. :twisted:
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

ridegrrl wrote:Just a thought... seems to me a pierced tongue on a guy could possibly make him popular with the females. So not necessarily a bad thing, IMHO. :twisted:
I hade a vibrating tongue ring, need i say more :wink: :twisted:

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

You let me know when you think I'm joking with your fucking ass, hopscotch. :?
rangercamaro
Ranger

Post by rangercamaro »

Spartan wrote:They use the same law to make it against the rules for kids to wear shirts with guns, and ANYTHING with the Confederate Flag in the South.
I remeber an article in the NRA"S mag (2-3 months ago) that had a kid beat the gun restriction. Given it was an "in context" ruling, he still beat the school board and won a hefty ruling.
Bco 1/75 2nd plt Wpn Sqd 89-93
HHC 1/75 Bn Armorer 93-94 (after cookoff)
LowCrawler
Tadpole

Post by LowCrawler »

Spartan wrote:They use the same law to make it against the rules for kids to wear shirts with guns, and ANYTHING with the Confederate Flag in the South.
Ranger Spartan....Roger that. as Ranger EarthPig can probably vouch for, ive seen kids at my school in trouble many times for anything even resembling the Confed. Flag. Also, a kid got suspended when he had a USMC marksmanship shirt with
"AIM
RELAX
BREATHE
SQEEZE
FIRE!!"
printed on the back.
LC
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

"We make war that we may have peace"
-Aristotle

"A post a day keeps the smoke away"
-Doc
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I think I have an old shirt from MILSPEC. It shows a marksman aiming his rifle on the front and on the rear it says "Taking The Trash Out"
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

certiorari wrote:
LowCrawler wrote:ive seen kids at my school in trouble many times for anything even resembling the Confed. Flag.
wow. I've seen many kids at my school walk right by principles with a big confederate flag(in tie-dye) on the entire front of the shirt. And one of my friends even has a monsterous confederate flag belt buckle that he wears often. I dont think any of those guys have gotten remotly in trouble.
Maybe cert can make a fashion statement going to school by wearing an old Army green dress coat with CIB, Silver and Bronze Stars, 4 Purple hearts and 6 National Defense Ribbons. Along with a Expert Rifle badge for the M-1 Girand in "Forgotten Battles."
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “The Mosh Pit”