Highspeed's Introduction...

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Rabidus1
Embryo

Highspeed's Introduction...

Post by Rabidus1 »

Hi, I would like to start off by acknowledging my appreciation for this highly resourceful and informative website, as well as the activation of my account.
My name is Mike (a.k.a Highspeed), and I am a 21 year old currently working as a hotel front desk manager in Washington, D.C. I am also Non-Glossary Prior-Service Army, and retain an Honorable Discharge with an RE:3. My rank and paygrade at the time of separation was E-3/PFC. I enlisted in 20030812 for Active Duty Army for 3 years after graduating from Highschool. I attended BCT at Ft. Benning, GA with D Co. 1st Batt. 38th Inf. 3rd Plt. Outlaws, and graduated from BCT 20031023. In my training path, after BCT I was to attend AIT at Ft. Gordon, GA to obtain MOS 35E(Radio/Comm./Sec./Repairer). I also had Opt. 40 in my training path following graduation of AIT, and the 75th Ranger Reg. as my guaranteed first duty station. In the middle of AIT, unfortunately but fortunately, I was pulled out of AIT by RedCross to assist in family issues back home, ultimately ending my quest to fulfill my training path/contract.
Since then, my family issues have healed, I have completed the Electronic Systems Tech. course, and have stayed out of trouble as a productive citizen. Now that there is nothing to keep me from completing a commitment, I will be enlisting in the MD Army National Guard as an 11B in the next month.
The nature of my visit and membership on this forum board is not only to seek valuable information on the Army's legendary Rangers, but for a more specific reason. As long as there is still a slot open, I will be joining the MDNG 29th Inf. Div. E Co. 629th MI Batt.(LRSD) This unit requires me to be 11B, and to have completed Basic Airborne School. I was told that many 11B's are sent to Ranger School from this unit, and I would like to know if they are still required to go through RIP, or how it works for NG units of this type that send their soldiers to Ranger School. I have many more questions, but will save them for later. I appreciate any advice/information, and would like to thank all the Rangers again on this forum board for their time, and for reading my introduction.
"Rock of the Marne"
-Mike
P.S.
I have submitted an avatar by the board's standards and specs., but for some reason the avatar is not showing up under my profile. Any advice appreciated.
Moving on to bigger and better things...
Goals in sight, ready to execute!...
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

''I have submitted an avatar by the board's standards and specs., but for some reason the avatar is not showing up under my profile.
Any advice appreciated. ''

My advice:
Change your screen name :lol:

Bummer about your personal issues, glad they are resolved. Thanks for your desire to serve our great nation.

No, RIP will not be required of you. It is only for those that will serve somewhere in the 75th Ranger Regiment.

You might be able to attend a Pre-Ranger course down the road.

Welcome.
gijoe7.62
Tadpole

Post by gijoe7.62 »

PM INBOUND
“Why am I not in bed, like everyone else, dead to the world? Why do I do this, live with the constant pain, the suffering, the sacrifice? Why? Because I can. Because pain tells me I’m awake. Reminds me I’m alive."

"AIRBORNE"
Capellanus
Ranger

Post by Capellanus »

Some units have there own pre-Ranger course prior to sending there Soldiers to RS.

If you are going to go to RS, try to go immediately following ABN School. The PT in ABN School will better prepare you for the vigors of RS and being on AD will give you the accountability you will need to stay in shape.

Welcome to the site and welcome back to the Ranks.
RGR Capellanus
6th RTB (Jun 12-present)
2/75 Rgr. Bn. ( July 10-Jun 11)
1-32 IN, 3BCT, 10th MTN, DIV (07-10)
B Co. 1/75 Rgr. Bn. (92-97)
RGR Class 8-94
OEF (Aug 11-Dec 11)
OEF (Oct 10-Jan 11)
OEF IX/X (Jan 09-Jan 10)
"As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:7)
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

NO RIP for you son. The National Guard has a "pre Ranger" course at Benning at the warrior center. ONe of our esteemed knuckle draggers here was formerly a loving and caring mentor to the RC component. While he doesnt read well, he does know a lot about it.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Mike,
Do some homework. Here is the Maryland Army National Guard web site. After you have done some study, come back if you need to. if you are interested in knowing more about attending Ranger School as a guardsman, there are a number of site members who can help you.

https://www.md.ngb.army.mil/army22.htm
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Welcome and please don't turn into a retard a few posts from now then my April theory will hold true and May will be better for newbees. It sounds like you are fairly squared away and have a goal in mind. Several guys will be able to help you with questions about Ranger School and LRS units.

Unfortunately you have 2 strikes against you already that I am sure were unknown to you.

1. The selection of the name Highspeed when you clearly aren't, others will come along and decide if you can keep that.

2. Quoting "Rock of the Marne" from your basic training days is not only gay but makes you look like a toolbox. Stop that shit right now.

General rule on here is read a lot, post a little. Don't fuck up.

Oh yeah and watch out for Ranger RRDTm3, Ranger Bravo 57, Ranger Cams (also known as "Cock of the Marne", I know small world huh?) and Ranger Rangerguru. They will eat you, and not in a metaphorical way, they are cannibals and they know where you live. They were part of an experimental Military program in the 1990's run out of the Natick soldier center. Consider yourself warned.

Welcome :twisted:
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Welcome to the site there Highspeed, Good luck in your future endevors. Good intro.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

Welcome
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

hello
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Highspeed's Introduction...

Post by Invictus »

Highspeed wrote: In the middle of AIT, unfortunately but fortunately, I was pulled out of AIT by RedCross to assist in family issues back home, ultimately ending my quest to fulfill my training path/contract.
You sound a little conflicted here Mike. Did you decide active duty wasn't you cup of tea?
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Jesus, how about a little PARAGRAPH SEPARATION? I guess you are so high speed, that a little thing like paragraph construction gets in the way...

welcome and good luck.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Cliv03 wrote:Welcome, I can help you out with the avatar.....You need one 8) 8) 8)
:twisted:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introduction Archive”