All About Me

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

I remember going through Pre-Ranger course in my unit. It was 5 weeks long and it was much harder (since it was all recon and the sergeants were all Rangers or/and served under the ranger bat. at one time or another) than RIP. RIP was 7-95 - though the humidity and exercises were tough, it wasn't as bad as the course I took in my unit. During the whole cycle, we were out down range most of the time.

Hahaha going to change my answer... both were tough in its own ways. Of course - we did stupid run like 50 miles in 5 days M12-T08-W12-TH08-F10 and road marches at night to get ourselves into shape. Passed everything but broke my foot in Air Assault School... thus I lost my chance going to Ranger School that year. Agh, what a numbnut!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Lady-
I split your post from the original thread, which was entitled "How Many Pushups?" because your post has absolutely nothing to do with pushups. If you wish to post something off topic, please begin a new thread. Thank you and have a Hooah day.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

I'm just starting myself in this website on the wrong foot. My apologies...

I'll keep myself from making any more mistakes, Ranger EarthPig.
Lugnuttz
Ranger

Post by Lugnuttz »

FairLadyZ-CA wrote:I remember going through Pre-Ranger course in my unit. It was 5 weeks long and it was much harder (since it was all recon and the sergeants were all Rangers or/and served under the ranger bat. at one time or another) than RIP. RIP was 7-95 - though the humidity and exercises were tough, it wasn't as bad as the course I took in my unit. During the whole cycle, we were out down range most of the time.

Hahaha going to change my answer... both were tough in its own ways. Of course - we did stupid run like 50 miles in 5 days M12-T08-W12-TH08-F10 and road marches at night to get ourselves into shape. Passed everything but broke my foot in Air Assault School... thus I lost my chance going to Ranger School that year. Agh, what a numbnut!
What the fuck are you talking about? How can you pass this "much harder" pre ranger course from you're unit and then fail RIP. I'm assuming you failed since you never served in a ranger battalion. What kind of shit are pulling here? Why the fuck did you go to air assualt school after pre ranger? How many miles were you roadmarching at night after you're 50 mile run weeks? How does a recon patrol make ranger training any more difficult than performing an ambush or raid patrol. They all suck and they're all fucked up to a certain degree. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're full of fuckin shit. Unfuck yourself before the moderators on this site fuck start your head..................bitch!!!
HHC 3/75 BN Commo 01-04
RGR Class 03-03
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

What the fuck are you talking about? How can you pass this "much harder" pre ranger course from you're unit and then fail RIP. I'm assuming you failed since you never served in a ranger battalion.
Its not that I failed RIP - I failed their qualifications i.e. I was not an U.S. Citizen at the time. So I was sent back to ABN School and waited there till I get new orders.

Why the fuck did you go to air assualt school after pre ranger?
When I went first went to Fort Campbell, KY - I was requesting for a good unit to be under. SGT Paulk (Assist. Squad Leader) after me if I wanted to go to Ranger School. I said yes - at the time, I was an E-1. He told me in order for me to go to Ranger School (at that time), I would have to be an E-4 promotable status. Nine months later, I got my E-4. My platoon sergeant wanted all those that wanted to go to Ranger School to go through Pre-Ranger. When I finished, my 1st SGT found out that I wasn't Air Assault qualilfied yet and he wanted me to go before any other school. So I was basically forced to go to Air Assault School first.

How many miles were you roadmarching at night after you're 50 mile run weeks?
We had to do 8Ks to 12Ks humping 110lbs rucks - since I was comms, I had more gear. I split my load with one of another member of my team i.e. batteries. We also did field movements, night land nav, recon patrol, battle drills and other basic operations.

How does a recon patrol make ranger training any more difficult than performing an ambush or raid patrol. They all suck and they're all fucked up to a certain degree.
You're absolutely right... they all equally sucked. That's why I changed my answer - "Hahaha going to change my answer... both were tough in its own ways."

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're full of fuckin shit. Unfuck yourself before the moderators on this site fuck start your head..................bitch!
I don't know how I am full of shit. It doesn't matter... I was there, I know what happened, I have friends that were there, I have friends that are still in.

I know I wasn't nor am the most squared away soldier, but I feel I deserve a bit more latitude than that from people here. I came into this site all excited to share stories and see if I can find some of my friends that's still in and are Rangers, but its beginning to sound like I'm not really wanted here.
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

I don't mind y'll calling me broke dick or pogue (or however its spelled), because the last year in the service, that's exactly what I was. I worked at S-1 while going through medical treatments for a fucking year.

But you know what... I have to draw the line when two of the members here are straight out calling me a liar. That's just straight out rude and wrong.

If I have made mistakes in typing things that may raise eyebrows... I completely apologize. However, I don't feel I did something so wrong as to people having to call me a bitch and say that I'm full of excuse me... fucking shit. I already received a warning from one of the moderators... I'll just keep future comments to myself.
Vapor Brain
Tadpole

Post by Vapor Brain »

Last edited by Vapor Brain on May 5th, 2004, 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

Vapor Brain wrote:The Rangers really do not like it too much when non-Rangers, such as yourself, post too much. You just registered today and have all of 39 posts. I think you should slow it down a bit and lay low like the rest of us. If you do not like the way they act I really don't think they care. This is there house and we are there guests.
Yes, very aware that I'm just a guest. I served under the same flag protecting the same principals... the last thing that I'd thought people would say to me is I'm full of shit and I don't know what I'm talking about.

Your advise is noted. I'll refrain from typing much any more... or at all.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

FairLadyZ-CA wrote:I know I wasn't nor am the most squared away soldier, but I feel I deserve a bit more latitude than that from people here. I came into this site all excited to share stories and see if I can find some of my friends that's still in and are Rangers, but its beginning to sound like I'm not really wanted here.[/i]
Lady-

First, let me say that I appreciate the fact that you checked your attitude earlier, before things got out of hand.

Secondly, you can not imagine (or perhaps you can) the numbers of posers and wannabees who are attracted to sites like this. We get them frequently. We have even had them infiltrate our inner circle....recently. The people on this site who have Ranger, LRRP, Moderator, etc. next to their name have been 100% verified. We know who we are...we don't know you.

You just appeared today and have already racked up nearly 40 posts! You've even posted in areas that you have no knowledge of (ie: Ranger School). It is OK (and even encouraged) to be a part of our community, but the way in which you started displeased many of us.

Rather than researching the site and getting a 'feel' for our cyber-culture, you went down the line posting in nearly all of the Forums. It came across (at least to me) that you were an expert in all these areas.

When confronted about a couple of your statements, you claimed that you had mis-typed them and really meant the opposite. This added to the 'flags' which had already presented themselves, suggesting that you might be a fake.

Since you checked your attitude, I have checked mine. I am not going to call you a liar, I'm just explaining the situation from our eyes. Hopefully, we can all start from scratch and get to know one another a little better. It is certainly not our mission here to chase off other vets. On the other hand, this is a Ranger site and every Ranger here demands the respect he has earned. I hope this clears up some of the mess.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

Ranger Earthpig:

I completely, with no reservation in my mind whatsoever, doubted that there were posers and wannabees and you + many Ranger brothers are here to stop the spreading of such a nasty and idiotic disease. With that said, that is exactly why I checked myself when asked - reason being... I know what you all go through in retrospect to people lying of them being something they're not. And if I was to add fuel to the fire at the time by further discussing issues, it would've been really ugly. I know who I am - I know what I've done in my past military career, though short as it may have been.

Every Ranger here demands the respect he has earned - at not one point or another have ever given any disrespect to any of you. That was the point I wanted to make.

Conclusion: I'm really pleased to see that everything is squared away and a fresh start is in order. Although you didn't have to, I appreciate you typing me back calmly and maturely, while rendering me the same respect as I give you.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I'm not going to hop on the Bandwagon, and I'll attempt to give you a fresh start, but I have to address something here.

Did you attend RIP? How long were you there? If you didn't pass RIP, how the fuck can you say that another course was harder???????? I don't give a fuck that you changed your answer...you prolly been telling folks for years how you went to courses harder then RIP.

Fucking legs at Ranger School made me fucking sick telling me how their unit's Pre-Ranger or RIP was harder then the Regiments-fuck off. Fucking penis envy!

I'd like to see the attrition rates for RIP....I can also tell you that Pre-Ranger at Regiment was no fucking cakewalk either.

One more thing...Dude, 8-12 klick movements with 110 pounds ain't shit...I was a fucking RTO, and I routinely moved all day and all night for days with that much weight-and-I carried my own batteries. 50 mile runs in a week impress me about as much as 100-mile 9th Regt. Roadmarch.... :roll:

Difference between Regt and other units is there is NEVER a rest break......you just walked from one side of the post to another? And you haven't ate slept or hardly drank? Who the fuck cares, now you are doing a Raid, which there is no doubt will be done to and above standard...and after all that hard work, do you relax? Fuck no!!! You tactically move back to barracks-another godawful distance back.

Take my comments in stride and drive on....

Folks get off on the wrong foot on some sites...no biggie, just regroup and drive on.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Desert Sloth wrote:
Vapor Brain wrote:The Rangers really do not like it too much when non-Rangers, such as yourself, post too much. You just registered today and have all of 39 posts. I think you should slow it down a bit and lay low like the rest of us. If you do not like the way they act I really don't think they care. This is there house and we are there guests.

Vapor Brain.....STFU!!! You stay out of this shit you blubbering fucking piece of nothing that is wasting typing space.

This thread will be addressed by Ranger FUCKING VETERANS, NOT YOU or any of your sorry ass DEP WANNABE FUCK STICKS.

We will police this up...watch and learn.

Now do some fucking push ups!!
Bravo Ranger Desert Sloth. I agree wholeheartedly about everything you have just said to that dumb fucken ass Vapor Brain who just don't know when to STFU!!!

Any answer by Vapor Brain here will be considered disrespectful. We don't want to hear you!!!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “About Army Physical Training”