Popping ears?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

IntelToad wrote:Ask the stewardess for some Chiclets...or if you have a SEAL in your class, ask him for some Trident.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

Let the doctor at your physical determine if you can do it or not.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

CatFish Driver wrote:Let the doctor at your physical determine if you can do it or not.
unless of course you are having second thoughts, this is your chance to be THAT guy walking around saying " I was gona be a Ranger but...."

edited to add

since you are from Texas have you ever been more than 100 feet above sea level in your life to even see if your ears will pop.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

Ranger Horned Toad,

I am not from Texas originally, I am from Tennessee. But to answer your question. Yes, I have hiked the mountains of Glacier Nat'l Park, Montana...down to the Rockies of Colorado. I've also flown numerous times where my ears pop. I just can't manually 'pop' my ears.
bulldogg
Tadpole

Post by bulldogg »

Scuba requires ears popping as well and one of the tricks I picked up from an instructor is to take Sudafed, normal dosage, it makes it easier to pop 'em... hold your nose, close your mouth and BLOW.
USA/87-89/91A
USAR/91-93/91E
INARNG/93-95/44B
"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Rett wrote:Ranger Horned Toad,

I am not from Texas originally, I am from Tennessee. But to answer your question. Yes, I have hiked the mountains of Glacier Nat'l Park, Montana...down to the Rockies of Colorado. I've also flown numerous times where my ears pop. I just can't manually 'pop' my ears.
if they work quit worrying and go do some PT, sounds like a drama mama
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Tater Nuts wrote:When I was a Squad Leader (after an episode of percieved lack of motivation) when I called "Fall In" my squad would sound off with "pop" and fall into formation. This was to signify that they had popped their heads out of their asses and were alert and attentive. At first I thought this had nothing to do with your query, but I am less sure now.
I use to tell my guys to "Let me hear a loud bang", for the same reason.

I'd ask them if they knew what they just did and they'd say, "We just blew our head out of our ass Sarn't!" :lol:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89

Return to “The Mosh Pit”