Jah's Introduction [Civilian]

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Jah
Embryo

Jah's Introduction [Civilian]

Post by Jah »

Introduction From:
[Jah]

What is your duty status?
[Fixing to enlist.]

Where are you from?
[Monterey, CA]

What is your Career Field? (If Applicable)
[None, hoping for 11X Airborne with Opt. 40 ]

What are your Service Dates? (If Applicable)
[0 days served.]

------------------------------------------------------
Tell us a little bit about yourself..

I am 20 YOA, and have been looking into enlisting into the Military for quite some time now. I was thinking of joining the AF at first, but then looked more into what the Army had to offer, since they had alot more careers that caught my interest. So I contacted a recruiter in my area. Things took a turn, when I got a call the next day at work from my Dad's GF telling me an Army recruiter was at my house to pick me up for an appointment I had. That kind of took me by surprise, since I never did anything except ask a few Q's. So I told him not to contact me anymore after that, which he didn't. Took some time to think & research the jobs I was interested in. Since then i've just been busy with work, & taking some college. I realized this isn't for me out here, and I want in the Military. So i'm looking to enlist again, as an 11X with Airborne / Opt 40. There's a few things holding me back medical wise though, I have a hernia I need to get checked out, and eventually fixed. I don't have the money for it right now, since I have no insurance.

On another note, i'm still trying to find out more information on my past Asthma experience as a child, keeping me back from joining the Military. It wasn't a serious case, i've never had an asthma attack, and used an inhaler for maybe 2 years. Once we got rid of our cat, I was able to stop using my inhaler, because my doctor told me I was allergic to cats. Maybe I never had asthma? Who knows.

Physically.. i'm in pretty good shape. Although I need to put on some lbs. I'm only ~125-130 lbs right now. I know, really skinny for my age. I'm 5'7.

As of 20070413, 8:10PM..

Push-Up's - 61, before my arms started trembling and I fell on my face.

Sit-Up's - 93

Running - I haven't got to run in a while, but I since tomorrow's Friday (finally), I can update a time tomorrow, since that's when I plan to run.

Ahh.. now that i'm done telling my life story, i'll end it here. I believe that covers everything that's needed in an Intro, if not, feel free to ask away. Glad to be here, pleasure to be able to discuss such a profession with such professional men.
------------------------------------------------------
"Stand up for what you believe in, even if you're standing alone."
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site Jah. Nice intro. You studied the site a bit and took the time to develop a decent first post. Thank you. I'm sure the answers you have are already covered here, (...use the search feature to find them) if not, I'm sure a few Rangers here might have the answers to your health questions if addressed properly.
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

Welcome to the site.
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I'll reserve my welcome for now, we seem to have in influx of fucking drones here this week.

Keep reading kid.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

cams wrote:I'll reserve my welcome for now, we seem to have in influx of fucking drones here this week.

Keep reading kid.
:lol: :lol:
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Thank you for your interest in becoming an Army Ranger.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
kildagin
Ranger

Post by kildagin »

I was diagnosed by the family doctor as having "allergy induced asthma" when I was about 12 years old. The cat died and I was magically healed. I NEVER told anyone throughout the recruiting process that I had used an inhaler in the past, and supposedly had asthma. I would never advise anyone to bend the truth to get into the military, but know that the more you tell them, the more things you will need to have a waiver for, and the more complicated things become. Its hard enough to get the contract that you want under the best of circumstances.

Good luck, and welcome here.
RS classes 07, 08, 09-05
Currently 1st SWTG
Jah
Embryo

Post by Jah »

Thanks for the welcomes.

I wasn't trying to act high-speed, just trying to give a precise introduction.

Ranger Kildagin: Thanks. I wouldnt've thought somebody else here would've had the exact same thing happen to them, but now that I know that was probably the problem, I won't worry about it as much.

Rained like crazy today, I know no excuse for not running, but yeah.. i'm not very good at running at a steady pace anyways, still need to work on that more. I'll try updating tomorrow I suppose.
"Stand up for what you believe in, even if you're standing alone."
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Welcome to the site, good introduction.

PM sent to you, since I am practically your neighbor.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Jah wrote:Thanks for the welcomes.

Ranger Kildagin: Thanks. I wouldnt've thought somebody else here would've had the exact same thing happen to them, but now that I know that was probably the problem, I won't worry about it as much.

Rained like crazy today, I know no excuse for not running, but yeah.. i'm not very good at running at a steady pace anyways, still need to work on that more. I'll try updating tomorrow I suppose.
OK. I've reserved my welcome, now I'll just say fuck off.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

cams wrote:
Jah wrote:Thanks for the welcomes.

OK. I've reserved my welcome, now I'll just say fuck off.
I'm with you cams, I thought this kid might be different until this post.
Kid, get your brain housing unit screwed on right and you may make it but I doubt it. Whats with the whole I'll try updating tomorrow I suppose thing??( This is rhetorical asshole, I don't care to hear your lame ass excuse for this comment, shut up an read on). Listen, you sought us out not the other way around. No one here gives a rat fuck if you ever want to post again. We are here to help those that seek help and need a little straight info from people that HAVE BEEN THERE, or in some cases ARE STILL THERE. We do this out of the kindness of our hearts because all of us have better things to do than listen to some whiney ass fucker suppose he will go run tomorrow or post later or whatever.
This will not be the last time you hear this in your , soon to be short lived, military career- YOU ARE A NO GO AT THIS STATION, MOVE OUT.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

DEP MOD!
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Introduction Archive”