snakeshit's own topic

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Snake Juice
Tadpole

Post by Snake Juice »

SFC hit_it:Alright reading this thread has confused me and i want to confirm something.

I am 17 a sophmore in highschool (yes i failed a year of school and my parents sent me to a place called Marine Military Academy as punishment)
And i spoke to a recruiter at the beginning of this school year. And I told him I wanted to be a Ranger. He told me that i should go to the reserves till i am old enough to become active duty. (he told me that i could not have a job with anything to do with Infantry and if there was a war Reserves who are in highschool do not go). And then once I was old enough to be active duty i could persue my dream of becomming a Ranger. But in this thread it says you cannot get an opt 40 contract with prior service. The reason i am confused is that a recruiter told me and I thought he would know best. I know you are a recruiter too so i thought i would get a some more answers. Can you help me SFC hit_it?

Your input is appreciated

Thank You for your time
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

don't do it snakeshit. everything he said was true except being able to get an OP40 once you have been to basic. you can't be pulled from high school to deploy.

wait until poised for graduation to do anything.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Snake Juice
Tadpole

Post by Snake Juice »

SFC hit_it: thanks for your input
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

anytime.

and push for intruding in another topic and making me have to split your question into your own area.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Snake Juice
Tadpole

Post by Snake Juice »

SFC hit_it:

Do you have any idea why he would lie to me???? The only thing i can think of is that he saw me thought i was a pussy or something and diddn't want me to be a Ranger i know you are not him and i guess it doesn't really matter but i am curious.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

doesn't matter. do what i told you to do and wait.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Snake Juice
Tadpole

Post by Snake Juice »

Roger that
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Snake-
I didn't read the rest of this thread before it got split, so I must have missed something. Are you thinking that you are prior service because you attended the Marine school in Harlingen? I'm no recruiter, but I'm fairly certain that attending that school does not count as prior service. We played them in football when I was in high school (and won) and although the campus and curriculum resembled a military base, it was a private school with a military flair, from what I observed. If that's not what you are inquiring, please disregard this post.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Snake Juice
Tadpole

Post by Snake Juice »

Roger that sry Ranger h8train1/75

Sry for the disrespect SFC hit_it

Return to “Recruitment Process”